clothes of falena !!! does it ring a bell?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

I agree son_michael.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
afi

Post by afi »

Rhapsodia has an average of 9/10 at ign even though it's not released yet in the US. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

I love Suikoden IV's characters without it, some of the characters were quite interesting.

Just Rhapsodia is most likely to give you abit more about them.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Look at the title of this thread, everyone. We're getting a bit off topic, myself included.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Yeah, I think you're right, we should stay on topic, before this thread ends up locked, good point, True Wind Bearer.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

Hash wrote:Topic starter is right. Hortez VII is dressed suspiciously like Hero V.
That's not the only connection I can think of. Hortez and Raura look egyptian, and wasn't the sun considered a great deity in ancient egypt? Well, what was the name of that building where the Queen of Falena resides? Sun Palace?

It's a longshot, but why not speculate. If Hortez and Raura were from Falena, probably Jeane as well is from there (not going to discuss now if there's 1 or 999 Jeanes).

It would be great if this Suikoden cleared the story of Georg, Killey, Lorelai, Hortez, Raura and the mistery of Jeane. I know, that's way too much to expect...

EDIT: I forgot about Morgan from S1. Yeah, bring him to the lot too.

dont forget theres a dungeon in the trailer that has egypt walls (with drawings etc.) and the boss they are fighting against is a mosnter with a pyramid at its bottom
bla
razorwing77

Post by razorwing77 »

Sasarai is cute wrote:I think Georg should have a high-pitched voice and speak with a silky soft brazilian accent.
!?!

In the trailer, it looks like the queen goes insane or something. I would be surprised if Georg has to take her down. It's viewed as murder, however, so he has to flee.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

The clothes of Falena look like a cross between Egyptian, and Karayan. It could be that Karaya was originally a colony of Falena. And, I noticed on Suikox that Obel was supposed to be Egyptian. The buildings were inspired after Ancient Egyptian buildings (not pyramids), and Lino and Flare's weapons have Egyptian names. Not to mention Lino's official kingly golden clothing. They were indeed Egyptian-esque. Obel could be a colony, as well.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Yuki Tenkai wrote:The buildings were inspired after Ancient Egyptian buildings (not pyramids)
Were they really? I didn't get that feel at all. It seemed a little bit on the English style to me. I did recognize the weapon names though. Although, I thought that it was odd that Lino's weapon was named Aten. Aten wasn't really accepted by most Egyptians. It's one of the reasons Akenaten was murdered, not a good omen IMO. I liked seeing Flare's bow named Hathor. Hathor is one of my favorite goddesses for some reason. lol
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I can't remember where I read that about the buildings...but if I find a link, I'll post it.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV