Suikoden 5 !!!SCANS!!!

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

But what if the work started not long after Rhapsodia? Suikoden IV's production didn't take long enough, and look at how the story came out.
[evil laugh here]
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

If work began shortly after Rhapsodia (which it probably did, actually) it wouldn't make any difference, because, like I already said, they are being made by different teams. And IV's production wasn't really rushed. I think it was announced in 2003 and came out last year, which means they probably started working on it in 2002 at the earliest. Two years is hardly "rushed".
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

And besides, it really doesn't matter how long they work with it. The story is either made well or it isn't. The gameplay is either inventive and fun or it isn't. It just depends on the team mostly. Rushed jobs just usually lead to mistakes like glitches and such.

And from what I have heard, Rhaps has been somewhat of a rush job and that looks fantastic. I think we will know if we need to worry after Rhaps.
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

Could someone please repeat that? Is it a DIFFERENT team working with Suikoden 5 than the team behind Suikoden 4?

If that's the case, my hopes are already up.

A Suikoden plot can never be to complex or massive, characters can never have enough strange connections or shady pasts. That should be a rule when making the games.

Now I just wanna dive into a neverending world of greyscaled conflict, packed with strong individuals, stunning environments and loads of fun.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yeah its a completley different konami team, along with hudson thats doing this game,

completley different set of people, rejoice sasarai
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

"I'd give them another year or so, maybe November-December 06 for a Japanese release."

I certainly hope not, and by that game they might be ending on making PS2 games, with PS3 coming out next year.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Konami could plan Suikoden V and Rhapsodia as a couple of the last games for the PS2. I wouldn't mind if SV came out on PS3...better graphics, and probably more space to explore new and more areas...the games could be longer, too.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

I imagine what might happen is a release in japan this winter and we might get it spring or summer. Though I somehow doubt that. I'm thinking more along the lines of next fall for us.