Suikoden 5 !!!SCANS!!!

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It occurred to me that the decision to speed up the release of V was probably due to upcoming release of PS3. Consider how it was supposed to be developed concurrently alongside IV, if they wait any longer, it might be not be beneficial to them.

Speaking of the game, the official site opens earlier today.

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/V/index.html

Nothing much though. But I'm liking the design of the new rumoured true rune. They sure are getting better at designing this... unlike that one True Water Rune. :wink:
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I wonder what those two things under the title are. They kinda look like the Gul-horses from Toran.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I notice that it says 2005 underneath the logo there, is this just referring to the production date or are they expecting to release it in Japan before the year is out?

*Awaits a translation*
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I wonder what those two things under the title are. They kinda look like the Gul-horses from Toran.
Well, it looks like they brought them back in Rhapsodia, so they might be back for Suikoden V as well.
I hope everything is going delicious.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:I notice that it says 2005 underneath the logo there, is this just referring to the production date or are they expecting to release it in Japan before the year is out?

*Awaits a translation*
That's not the expected release date. The note is talking about the game being featured at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show 2005.

The release date is unconfirmed as of now, as far as I know.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Ahhh, yes, that makes sense. I forgot all about the TGS.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Yep. That symbol seems to be the new True Rune, alright.
[evil laugh here]
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

They better have a load save-game feature for this.
Wouldn't want to train most of the 108 characters from lvl 20s like in suikoden 4.
And hero4 should be mentioned/re-appear i guess.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:They better have a load save-game feature for this.
Wouldn't want to train most of the 108 characters from lvl 20s like in suikoden 4.
And hero4 should be mentioned/re-appear i guess.
I don't know if that'll happen. It depends where on the timeline Suikoden V happens. I didn't mind leveling the Suikoden IV characters, because of how easy it was to level in the game. It takes less than 20 minutes to train a character from level 20 to level 55
I hope everything is going delicious.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

patapi wrote:It occurred to me that the decision to speed up the release of V was probably due to upcoming release of PS3. Consider how it was supposed to be developed concurrently alongside IV, if they wait any longer, it might be not be beneficial to them.

Speaking of the game, the official site opens earlier today.

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/V/index.html

Nothing much though. But I'm liking the design of the new rumoured true rune. They sure are getting better at designing this... unlike that one True Water Rune. :wink:
At least we can be pretty sure from that pic that the game is mainly land based, and not sea based like IV
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Based on the earlier screenshots, there'll probably be some minor water travelling, but I wouldn't doubt that the majority of the game would take place on land.

Island Nations involved a lot of water simply because that was their defining feature. Like how we had Grasslands and their grassy plains. For me, Falena's defining feature lies in its "Queendom" identity more than anything, so there should not be too many geographical quirks.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Well, Japanise sure is a intresting Language! Together with this game :lol:
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
linkerman88

Post by linkerman88 »

The " light house " is the palace of Sun or Sun Palace where the Queen live .. im not too sure cuz my japanese not that good =P [/quote]
BlueMoonRune... Shine ur Etenal Light upon the Weaklings ...
gensosuikogaiden

Post by gensosuikogaiden »

I hope this game has a world map.
lonedarkwolf

Post by lonedarkwolf »

im hopin for both land and sea battles and the old 6 person team battle