Speculation on Offical Rhapsodia info

Closed with the release.
Hash

Speculation on Offical Rhapsodia info

Post by Hash »

Thanks for taking your time translating, dragonmasterx. It seems there are no shocking new facts from the interview, but it's nice nonetheless.

On another note...
3. Why did you choose Suikoden 4 as the setting?
Matsukawa: Suikoden 4 is the latest entry in the series, so fans are most familiar with this.
That's BS. Fans would've freaked out at the thought of a SRPG with Suikoden 2's setting. Both in Japan and US. But it appears that this new Suikoden team doesn't want to touch the older games at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a Suikoden V 200 years after Suikoden III. So much for the continuity of the first three games...
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

I think thier trying to cover up thier poor performance on Suikoden IV with Rhapsodia, coz even Suikoden III was loved but IV was almost completely recented well almost. So I think this is damage control more or less.

Hopefully they stop shooting off the timeline, no more prequal please X_X;;;
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hmm i hope "easy to understand" doesn't correspond to "we've made this game so easy it's not even a challenge".. but it does seem like they have focused on creating challenges.
salemblight

hmmm

Post by salemblight »

I wish they would just jump ahead to the older ( muchhhhh better) games. All those returning characters I couldnt care less about due to the horrid character development in IV. Personally, even though I KNOWWWW its not really possible, Id like to see a game that fits in the newly formed jowston states, grasslands, and xexen as an atleast visitable area, to see what happened to the characters. Will this be game be an excuse to not really have a welll formed plot? I still look forward to it though since I absolutely love suikoden and just cant, NOt buy a suikoden game ^^
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

holy crap! hero 4 talks!

ive only heard him speak as a boy but im sure he will speak as a man 2!

this is sick! I can just imagine how his voice will sound after hearing his child voice!

you guys gotta go to ign and see those vids

thanks alot hash!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

that would rule

this new vid is much more impressive and detailed than the ones on ign
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

I'm not really seeing a third picture with Mitsuba. Are you sure it isn't the third picture in the second set you are talking about.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I see Mitsuba and Reinhold, but I can't spot Cedric anywhere. I must have really bad eyes or something. X_X
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

I don't know, there is that turn profile of Jeremy. Maybe that is it. I assumed that it was Jeremy, but it could be Cedric. I'll need to double check that.

Okay click on screenshots and click on 3 and 4 at the bottom and the last and first picture respectively should have the turn profile with the blonde guy that people assumed was Jeremy. The red headed girl might be Rachel and so it might make more sense if that character is Cedric. It looks more like Cedric grown up than Jeremy I would say.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

if you go to rhapsodias site you can download the vids and in 1 of them at the end it shows a cd with all pictures of the suikoden heroes and kryll and yohn so I was just wondering, does anybody knbow whats on that cd?

it looked so cool and lazlo didnt look girly either, instead he looks like a He man face type and looks brawny and bulky unlike how suikoden 4 made him look

anyway does anybody know whats on that cd? and anybody know how I can order it? if its music

edit: to be more specific, riou is on the left, on the bottom left is tir, on the top is yohn and kryll, on the right is lazlo {looking awsome} and below him is a pic of chris and some others{looks like geddoe and wyatt/jimba} all in all cd art looks awsome
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's a music CD that comes with Rhapsodia whenever you pre-order it (notice I said Rhapsodia; we don't know if the same applies with the US version, Suikoden Tactics). It supposedly features tracks from all four games, Rhapsodia, and one track from Suikoden V. Some people have said that the name of the alleged S5 track is "Castle of Dawn", but I don't know that for sure.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wow awsome, I hope it comes with the us version

too bad I cant order it..