I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thank you for restating what koyuredd just stated
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

son_michael wrote:thank you for restating what koyuredd just stated
Anything to help. If you look closely in a few of the vids you can see that he is a lot younger than his adult form.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Ill check it out

kinda hard to see in detail what the characters look like
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

son_michael wrote:Ill check it out

kinda hard to see in detail what the characters look like
Yeah. I had to see those videos more than once to realise that. The "attack sound" gave it away, too. Kyril's voice is more boyish than that of a man. AND I remember reading (in the interview) he is in his late 10's.
[evil laugh here]
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Um when I saw the last video (the one at the bottom of the page), there was a scene after the Rhapsodia logo at the end. It had some guy (he's a pirate I think) and Kika in the back-ground. Could that be a flash-back of her and her lover (I think his name was Edward) or am I just hallucinating?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

looks like we will indeed get more backround info on some of the characters, I cant wait to see what other things we will learn, perhaps ornans past? cant wait!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

That was Pirate King Edgar, Brandaeu, and Kika.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:That was Pirate King Edgar, Brandaeu, and Kika.
Thanks I knew his name started with an E. :)

So since the timeline of this game looks like it'll be before,during, and after Suiko4, is there a chance we might see some scenes of Suiko4 from a different point of view (ie Kyril's)?
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Has everyone checked out the new trailer on the Konami site. I didn't know that Selma and Rita were returning characters before now. And the blonde guy on the horse is Corseria's father.

Paula, Jewel and Selma from Na-Nal are on the battle screen together. Paula and Jewel are on some kind of neat flying creatures that look like Griffons. I wonder if the Na-Nal girls brought Rakgi along since he wanted to become a fighter.

Rene is actually a pretty decent fighter in Suikoden Tactics and it looks like she has a treasure hunting skill to find useful objects on the battlefield.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Hugo wrote:Rene is actually a pretty decent fighter in Suikoden Tactics and it looks like she has a treasure hunting skill to find useful objects on the battlefield.
That's good news, I was hoping that they would use Rene's treausure hunting skills to their full extent (in combat) in an upcoming Suikoden game.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Hugo wrote:Has everyone checked out the new trailer on the Konami site. I didn't know that Selma and Rita were returning characters before now. And the blonde guy on the horse is Corseria's father.

Paula, Jewel and Selma from Na-Nal are on the battle screen together. Paula and Jewel are on some kind of neat flying creatures that look like Griffons. I wonder if the Na-Nal girls brought Rakgi along since he wanted to become a fighter.

Rene is actually a pretty decent fighter in Suikoden Tactics and it looks like she has a treasure hunting skill to find useful objects on the battlefield.
It looks like they totally revamped the whole battle scheme and added the battle skills from S3 to make it even better. Rhapsodia is looking quite exquisite. It's nice to see that mounted pairs are also making a return.

I was also wondering about that guy on the horse(which amazingly enough look like the horses from Suikoden 1 - Gulhorses?) I didn't know if she said brother or father. My japanese is far from great.

The best thing about this is it seems we'll find out about Edgar, Kooluk, and Hero4; the most mysterious characters in the game, not to mention a few others. Rhapsodia has the potential to turn a game that is viewed as mediocre into a genius work of art.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

The method of movement by ship is shown about 1 minute into the footage. It looks like at that time of gameplay Razril, Middleport, Nest of Pirates, Deserted Island, Kingdom of Obel, Nay Island, Na-Nal Island and Illuya Island are available. You can get to Hermitage Island from the Nest of Pirates, but travel paths from Obel seem to pass by Mordo Island and Donut Island, so those places might be available later or unlockable.

Mountain Mass Island seems to be partially visible behind a display beside Gaien which you cannot miss. You can also travel from Illuya to the section of Kooluk that extends South where Fort El-Eal is located. That part of the land the land looks like it could be separated from the mainland with one shot from the rune cannon.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Hugo wrote:The method of movement by ship is shown about 1 minute into the footage. It looks like at that time of gameplay Razril, Middleport, Nest of Pirates, Deserted Island, Kingdom of Obel, Nay Island, Na-Nal Island and Illuya Island are available.
Yeah, maybe this time we'll get to see Iluya before it was destroyed.

I bet all the islands will make a come-back (since the models were already used once), and we might even see some of those used for blocking the way be used somehow.
[evil laugh here]
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Yeah, new areas of old islands and dungeons will be opened up it seems. For instance, thanks to SARS for the translation, we can see that one of the battles will take place in the Ruins of Obel, except in a new chamber.