SRPG definition?

Closed with the release.
ViktoryCastle

SRPG definition?

Post by ViktoryCastle »

I am not familar with the term SRPG. Can someone tell me what it means? I have played all the Suikoden games and own All(sold three at the risk of throwing my controller through the TV every time I switched to the diff character) so I am familiar with how the game is played. But will this be like Final Fantasy Tactis? I.E. battle system and everything going to hell in the game? Sorry, again.

EDIT by Oppenheimer: Please try to make your subject more descriptive to the topic you are trying to discuss.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Since the S standing for strategy make more sense than standing for simulation, I'll go with strategy (how can you simulate role-playing?; makes no sense to me). We aren't quite sure how the game would be played, except that battles will be played on a grid (much like Final Fantasy Tactics) and there won't be any actual exploring (when you enter a city you choose from whichever store you want to go to instead of walking around looking for it, much like FFT). The game-play is the only thing that would remind you of FFT; I doubt the plot of Rhapsodia will be anything like FFT. There's also unite attacks to utilize in battle, among other things.
ViktoryCastle

Darn.

Post by ViktoryCastle »

Thank you. Such a helpful man. But the thing is, I don't think I will play it. I loved Final Fantasy games and Tactics ALMOST ruined it for me. I don't want to take the chance of this doing that for Suikoden (like III almost did). I also am mad on how Final Fantasy X2 didn't solve a single thing about Tidus.... :evil:
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, this game is only slightly similar to FFT; you may hate FFT and yet love this game. I was really just using FFT to show how strategy games in general work; Rhapsodia will probably end up being different than FFT, but keeping the same basic principles of turn-based strategy games. I tend to hate Nippon Ichi games, and yet I loved FFT; that's because Nippon Ichi's approach to turn-based strategy games is very different than Square Soft's. I would say to rent this game first once it comes out, see if you like it, and go from there.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

and I would reccomend you playing the ORIGINAL ff tactics on playstion 1, it was 1000 times better than the 1 on gba with a HUGE main story and alot of awsome characters

I believe you can unlock cloud from ff7 in that game!

though I never did it.....
ViktoryCastle

I am

Post by ViktoryCastle »

I am talking about the Ps game. I played it and it was ok, but seemed to lead me to a place I didn't wanna go. I did get Cloud, and he was the best character. Made the final battle easy as pie. I played the GBA version and the rules SUCKED. Then I found out the Judges will be in the new Final Fantasy game.