New runes?

Closed with the release.
Hxc Flavor

New runes?

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Are there any confirmed new runes that we've never seen before?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Not that I have heard of but because of the whole tactics sytem the Evil Purification rune could be put in this one.I'm also pretty sure that new Demi-runes will be able to be used in this game.

Obvious runes

-Fire: Area of Effect magic
-Lightning:Single target magic(or somtimes multiple but mainly single)
-water: healing and probably 1 area of effect spell.
-earth:Support magic and earthquake spell
-wind: support/healing and damage spells.

Probable runes

-Blinking rune
-Evil Purifying rune
-Blue Gate(I am hoping that this rune will come back!)

EDIT: Because of the name(Rhapsodia meaning bard or similar) there is the possibility they will bring the Jongleur rune back.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Wraith wrote:EDIT: Because of the name(Rhapsodia meaning bard or similar) there is the possibility they will bring the Jongleur rune back.
That might be the case. Since the entire Skills system is coming back from Suikoden III, why not bring back chanting time (and thus Jongleur rune) and the other gameplay enhancements from the same game.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

as long as they dont bring back that damm buddy system
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

son_michael wrote:as long as they dont bring back that damm buddy system
You probably should'nt have to worry about that. I don't think its really possible to incorporate he buddy system into an SRPG like Rhapsodia.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

KoRnholio wrote:
You probably should'nt have to worry about that. I don't think its really possible to incorporate he buddy system into an SRPG like Rhapsodia.
No, the sheer amount characters wouldn't make that posible.However it might be possible that they split it into 3 groups al lead by one of the main characters.But it would still be better than the buddy system.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

This quote got me thinking about whether unite attacks will make a reappearance. Does anyone know whether they will be brought back (they have been in all the previous games after all)?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Michael Easton wrote:
This quote got me thinking about whether unite attacks will make a reappearance. Does anyone know whether they will be brought back (they have been in all the previous games after all)?
I doubt it but it is possible.Not that it matters to me cause I never use unites.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

We're drifting off topic here; but based on the screenshot with portraits at the top that looks like a turn order so the Buddy System wouldn't work as the game doesn't appear to operate in rounds.

That is not to say there will not be unites or such like as several strategy RPG's allow combo attacks so that feature could be utilised in Rhapsodia without it being revolutionary.

As for new runes: there is a possibility that they may come up with new or amended runes to augment the strategy battle style; but so far we don't know more than the fact that displays still show magic points.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

A lower tier of the Rune of Punishment sounds logical considering the setting.

Wouldn't be surprising if they brought back a lot of the old runes too, considering the lack of them was one of the gripes about Suikoden IV.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

OFF TOPIC: I don't know where I saw this, but it will be possible for unite attacks. The characters will need the right positions, though.

I agree. S4 didn't have a lot of runes to choose from. And I really want to see what the Jongleur Rune can do...
[evil laugh here]
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

A lower tier of the Rune of Punishment sounds logical considering the setting.

Wouldn't be surprising if they brought back a lot of the old runes too, considering the lack of them was one of the gripes about Suikoden IV.
Well I would'nt like a lower tier version of the RoP because the real RoP was weak to begin with. Unless Konami made it stronger in Rhapsodia.

As for seeing other runes, I think that the Jonegluer rune could come back (based on Wraith's explanation) as a support rune, but I don't know about the Blue/Pale Gate or any other kind of runes that could come back, unless there's a story reason why those runes come back.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

For most cases, they have never really bothered with making up a story to explain appearance, disappearance and reappearance of normal runes. However, as we are venturing outside the scope of the Island Nations (as well as within), it wouldn't be too far-fetched to use the regional excuse of availability of certain runes.

They should also bring back Resurrection/Evil Purifying/Exorcism Rune, as that one was hard-coded into IV while not making any appearance.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

KoRnholio wrote:
Namco x Capcom has some buddy system going but this game only has shown characters in their own individual locations.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

It is entirely possible to include Jongleur and Blue/Pale Gate runes. Jongleur would work like a bard in FF Tactics, where they can stand anywhere on the map and sing affecting all allies on the map.

Gate runes, well they'd pretty much be like summons in FF Tactics, it always struck me as odd that attacks like Bahumut in Tactics seemed to encompass the entire map but had a small AOE. Would be easy to have the Empty World attack hitting allies as well.

Unites I see being sort of like Disgaea - two characters standing in the correct formation can then attack together. This will work well with the unite system especially since they can add some really powerful multi-person unites that will be hard as anything to setup since enemies move all the time.

What runes would I like to see.. more ability runes. Suikoden 2 had it right, plenty of characters had unique runes and it gave them personality.