New Suikoden SRPG Scan!

Closed with the release.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

wow ... looks like it's cool ...
tactics rite ?
i love tactics and suikoden ... so this will be great !!
hope they will release the english ... not like gaiden .... only japs
kelvin loves suikoden
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Wow people I come back here to find this, I'm dumfounded.
But wait lets take it from the top.

Is for the PS2, definitely coming out in the US because of the earlier registration.

It takes place in the Suikoden IV time-line, that is certain now because of Kika and the rest, and judging by Lino Akagi and Mizuki on the same place IS AFTER IV we will see Kika die, we will find out what happened to the Hero4 and ALDO (hopefully), finally some retribution this is a glorious day for me I hope Konami wont disappoint me this time.

One ugly shadow has reared its head though, other than that were home free, I hope that the whole thing doesn't take place in a Tenkai war, that would create more problems that its going to solve, other than that they can't messed it up unless they try.

And I know the gameplay will be good, think of Vandal Hearts.

I don’t know about you but I’m celebrating.

And one last thing, WE WILL GET TO TRANSFER DATA WITH IV, at least I hope so but why not.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

I'd avoid the definitely coming out in the US comment until some sort of announcement from Konami of America.

However, with the registration of Suikoden Tactics then it is possible to say that signs are encouraging.

PAL on the other hand is more hit and miss; although Konami do have a fairly decent track record with releasing Playstation era strategy RPGs in the region. So there is a glimmer of hope for the PAL regions; of course we're totally dependant on Konami of America localising first.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

They where smart.Releasing a Suikogiaden like game instead of a genso to explain some of the S4 plot 'holes' was really smart.If they are good enough they might make some interesting plot and characters for a Genso Suikoden again after S4.

I just hope they don't use a buddy system like in S3 :)

Since this is a tactics they might make more demi-magic runes like the Evil-Purifying rune might be created in this one and Pale Gate,darkness and others might return.Not to mention the lower tire version of the RoP.

The game seems awsome(I can't beleive I'm saying this since its AFTER S4, that was like my greatest nightmare) the characters seem more fleshed out and that gride like weapon seems cool.The guy wiith the glasses reminds me of Kevin(elijah woods) from Sin City a bit.I hope a gunner will appear.

Bad things: There will probably be NO new continent or country that we'll see.But thats okay since they'll go farther than the Siland Nations and we might go to Jowston and Scarlet Moon and the Grasslands.We'll probably see NO new True Runes on the main character but we might see a new True rune and its bearer here and he might return in the next Genso.

This is really strange but if this game works....they might even do the next Genso after S4 timeline and it might even be good!

I'm really excited about this game and I hope the europe release will at the same date as the NTSC.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Looking futher at the scan, it does seem to take place after Suiko4.

Maybe this game will be used as a conclusion of sorts to Suiko4. Like what happened after the Island Nation Federation was formed and what new enimes there. We can also see what happens to some of the SODs after Suiko 4, like what Arenegeth said about Kika dying, etc.

Or it could be used as aconnection between Suiko4 and Suiko 5 (if Suiko 5 comes right after 4 of course)

So hopefully Konami will release it here in the Us (and the other places in the world) to make up for Suiko 4.
Saint_Rune

Post by Saint_Rune »

Does the character being show his face at the bottom of the top picture seem to look like uh that evil guy from Suikoden IV I can't think of his name. Ya know the guy you duel against for the last fight? It is so annoying I can't remember his name. But he does seem very similar to me. Anyone else?
linkerman88

Post by linkerman88 »

U mean Troy ?? =P
BlueMoonRune... Shine ur Etenal Light upon the Weaklings ...
Saint_Rune

Post by Saint_Rune »

Yea Troy thats him I think he looks like Troy
linkerman88

Post by linkerman88 »

erm !! at the most bottom of the page !! there put 7 july ( in japan ) .. is it the release date ?? ( thats my birthday too ! ) =P
linkerman88

Post by linkerman88 »

But it can't really be Troy ... becouse Troy is Dead ... am i right ??? at the last part of SIV Troy sank down with the ship .... and the picture at the right got he is holding a double side spear or whatever it is =P but in SIV Troy uses a sword .. =P thats wat i think .. :)
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That Troy-lookalike person is the new main character, Kyril.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

2 things come to mind. Anyone think it could be set slightly before suikoden 4? Just a thought...
I'll bet we get to load the S4 data, and if we have the best ending, we get to see that S4 hero lived and what happened to him. maybe he'll even make a mcdohl-esque camio.

I am SO excited for this game I don't know where to start.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

I heard Kawano's not doing anything in this?
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

That artwork definetly looks like Kawano's art. Of course, it's not very detailed and I haven't stared at it for very long, but it looks like her style.

Edit - But I pray that I am wrong. I loathe what she did with Suikoden 4. My dream for the series used to be that Suikoden would be as popular as Final fantasy. My current dream is that Kawano leave the series entirely after her work on S4.
~Blue Thunder~
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Yes I shouldn't be obsolete about anything, this is a Gaiden after all but it seems more probable than ever because this isn't a text adventure but SRPG which sells states side.

I'm very exited, but I try to keep it down the more excitement the greatest disappointment.

If a US version gets released I'm sure that this time it will come to Europe though either way it wont affect me like III because of the US PS2 I plan on getting by the end of July, but is most likely that it will, as Wraith said this a very smart way for Konami to solve the mess without sacrificing another Genso but I would like to see V too in the past.

I don't know what else to do than pray; I mean they can so easily win us all back I really doubt that they will blow it off, Kawano or no Kawano.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~