New Suikoden SRPG Scan!

Closed with the release.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's been a lot of updates to the Rhapsodia site.

From the "Download" section, there's two new clips, although one of them is just a shortened version of the other. If you've got a choice, download the "CM30" video and not the "CM15" one. CM15 is the shorter, less-flashy one, obviously. By the way, CM stands for commercial. There's a new track, and judging from the name ("TUTORIAL"), I'm guessing it's the track that plays during the game's tutorial. If the entire soundtrack is of such high quality, I may just end up buying the soundtrack (it's really that good!!). There's also a new wallpaper, this time with Yohn instead of the other dudes.

The "Screenshot" section also has some new pictures from the game. From the first new picture, the third guy and the last guy in the attack order seem like recurring characters to me, but as you should already know I have really shitty vision. In the next shot, the two people after Andarc in the attack order also seem like recurring characters, but I can't really tell who they are. That guy after Kyril is also in red instead of blue like the other enemies. The last screen is just some volcano-looking place, there's nothing special in that one.

That's all I see.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Someone mentioned at Suikox that Selma has been found somewhere within Rhapsodia. Would someone be kind enough to point her out to me?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Someone mentioned at Suikox that Selma has been found somewhere within Rhapsodia. Would someone be kind enough to point her out to me?
The only person I can think of that may be Selma is the hunched over figure during 2:34 in the second Rhapsodia trailer(tentou_2) due to the green hair. I've been wondering who that person was/is for quite some time now.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's so cool (for me) to see all three Naykobolds and the two elves come back for Rhapsodia.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Jowy Atreides wrote:It's so cool (for me) to see all three Naykobolds and the two elves come back for Rhapsodia.
It was the Naykobolds that actually got an associate of mine to give Suikoden IV a try. "Dancing kitties that heal themselves?! I've got to try this!"

I am fond of Paula's new face portrait. She looks rather bright and cheery, rather than lost and distant.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's been another update to the Rhapsodia site.

The "Staff Room" has finally been opened, somewhat. One of the two sections of the "Staff Room" aren't available, but the other one links to some comic. I thought it was a pop-up of some sort, but the title bar says "Rhapsodia", so I'm guessing it's relevant to the game.

The last area of the "System" section has finally been unveiled. There's only three screenshots, but I'll detail them anyway.

The top screenshot deals with something on the Deserted Island. Since "Chiepoo's Merchant Guild" is based on this island and there's a counter in the bottom-left corner, I'm guessing that you're searching for items or something.

The bottom-left screenshot shows Andarc talking to everybody around a campfire. I can't gather much else from this one. I think he's saying "Man, do I look stupid or what?" The next screen would probably show everyone agreeing with him, even Yohn.

The bottom-right screenshot is another skill list, this time for Seneca. My personal guess is that the skills on the right are the ones that would be the "Support"-type skills from the previous games. They would probably work differently for a strategy game, obviously.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Suikoden Tactics is not even out yet, but news of Suikoden 5 appears to have drawn some of the focus away. There's not too long to go now and I just hope that there aren't too many spoilers before I get to play it in Europe.

Has everyone checked out the second trailer in the downloads section, not the CMs. I like this one better than the first because of the numerous conversations and locations outside of battle. I especially like Lino's conversation portrait at the 1:52 point. He looks like the lion king, it's really funny.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Don't worry, Hugo. I'm sure Rhapsodia won't be allowed out of it's respective forum. Now whether or not you can resist the temptation of coming here once it's full of spoilers is another matter
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Suikoden V stole Rhapsodia's spotlight temporarily. Once Rhapsodia is released, S5 will become "old" news.

About spoilers. I used to look through S4's forum before I received the game itself. When I played it, I knew what would happen even before I got there.
[evil laugh here]
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

KoyuRedd wrote:Suikoden V stole Rhapsodia's spotlight temporarily. Once Rhapsodia is released, S5 will become "old" news.

About spoilers. I used to look through S4's forum before I received the game itself. When I played it, I knew what would happen even before I got there.
I sort of agree with you. I'm sure Konami will keep the trickle of information coming concerning 5 after Rhapsodia's release. Although, we definately will have an increase in post regarding Rhapsodia, much like we did when S4 was released.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

And then everybody will experience withdrawal and not bother coming until more information about Suikoden 5 is revealed.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

You mean like they're doing now? It's great seeing people who signed up over a year ago with only 8 post. Especially when 7 of those post are in the new Suikoden V or Rhapsodia forums.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:You mean like they're doing now? It's great seeing people who signed up over a year ago with only 8 post. Especially when 7 of those post are in the new Suikoden V or Rhapsodia forums.
Other forums have four year old users with a total post count of 0.

Just a few more days until we get the first Rhapsodia information...
[evil laugh here]
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

The third system section on the Rhapsodia site has opened up. One of the pictures looks like a post battle cut scene where the team are having a conversation as Yohn watches over a sleeping Kyril.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

let me just say im VERY impresed with the system secion, the way the grass moves with the wind in 1 of the videos has just made me love rhapsodia even more, there are places that look simmilar to grasslands and the animations and graphics look astounding

thanks for that info hugo