New Suikoden SRPG Scan!

Closed with the release.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

That's why fighting Yuber is so much fun. Since Yuber fanboys have his facial portrait as their avatar (which is so original), it feels like you're killing Yuber fanboys when you fight him.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tameon the Dragoon

Post by Tameon the Dragoon »

Yet another utterly useless game set in the Suikoden IV timeline. Yes!

I wanna know Konami's motives for this. They say Suikoden's sales have been lackluster, yet they're chucking out another game like this? I'd think they would want too move the plot too it's conclusion as soon as possible.

Perhaps this will explain, though, why Rino is so easily able too trust a pirate in GSIV. I'm also thinkin' we'll see Warlock, too, and get more insight on his feelings for the Rune Cannon, as that is what Gamespot's article seemed too suggest the plot will revolve around. Maybe Viki will get too time travel backwards, again! Yay!

I'm also pretty intrigued by the sudden switch too the GSIII stlyle animation. This has been confirmed as a legit game, right? So, why switch? Konami's so inconsistant...

I can see alot of backstory in GSIV that could use some explaining, but honestly...why keep moving backwards if the sales of the series is so poor and you've got such a ways too go before you reach the conclusion? Ugh...
America: Two million illegal immegrants can't be wrong.
Yuber's_Chaos

Post by Yuber's_Chaos »

Jowy Atreides wrote:That's why fighting Yuber is so much fun. Since Yuber fanboys have his facial portrait as an avatar (which is so original), it feels like you're killing Yuber fanboys when you fight him.
Which kind words...Should I be afraid of my life now?...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I didn't like the story of FF Tactics...at least not very much.
It was something, you could play when there was nothing better to do.
But I expect more of konami, I guess ^ ^
~Always search for the light crowded with darkness~
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Tameon the Dragoon wrote:I wanna know Konami's motives for this. They say Suikoden's sales have been lackluster, yet they're chucking out another game like this?
If, as you say, the sales of the main Suikoden series (or Suikoden 4, I'm not sure which game you are refering to) are lackluster or poor then Konami may be cashing in on the popularity of strategy RPGs in order to bring more fans to the series, as well as please existing fans by giving us what we want: more character development in the Suikoverse.

* Slightly Off Topic: how much have the Suikoden games sold worldwide? Does anyone know where I can get this information? *
Night

Post by Night »

I'm also pretty intrigued by the sudden switch too the GSIII stlyle animation. This has been confirmed as a legit game, right? So, why switch? Konami's so inconsistant...
No confirmation yet, Konami still haven't said anything regarding this game officially. It's just suddenly popped up on the radar.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Erishon

Post by Erishon »

Ok, I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this but the bottom picture (The one with Kika in it) looks to be the throne room in Obel (what with the large throne and stairs leading up to it). The man standing on Mizuki's left is an Obel guard (as we can tell from the red/blue outfit and tall hat) and I think the blob-like person that everyone is looking at may be Lino (same hair and outfit, though a lot more pixelated).

The smaller picture directly above this looks to be the docks of Illuya (I think Illuya's the island I mean, but it's been a few weeks since I played it may be another island, but I know which one I mean).
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

The graphics in this game look like nothing from GSIII..what the..
HiroRao

Post by HiroRao »

On the picture where there fighting in some grasslands.
Where they so the character portrits. The fifth one (starting from the left)
It's small but isn't that Keneth?
(It's too small but he seems to be wearing a new outfit aswell.)

also, It looks like there's going to be alot of rune useage too!
Look at the top picture. He's only LV 26 and he's got 9/9/9/9!

Dose anyone know what it is Kika is saying in the bottom picture?

And it seems the max amout of Characters you can use during your fight is five.(Judgeing from the screenshots.There may be more hopefully 6)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Herochao/pic.gif

In the top cornor is the picture of Keneth. I'm kinda worried about the fire icon. If that is a rune. then it could mean only one rune per character like in S1, and this is just speculation, This also worries me if that's true, and that shows the only rune you can have, will he get a true rune later in the game or will this be a True runeless Hero?

EDIT by adrich: Images are not allowed in posts. Please read the board rules.
Yuber's_Chaos

Post by Yuber's_Chaos »

HiroRao wrote: This also worries me if that's true, and that shows the only rune you can have, will he get a true rune later in the game or will this be a True runeless Hero?
Well, thinking of Nash, it would not be that strange if the hero had no true rune.
Nash was the true runeless protagonist of Suikogaiden I and II after all~
~Always search for the light crowded with darkness~
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

HiroRao wrote:also, It looks like there's going to be alot of rune useage too!
Look at the top picture. He's only LV 26 and he's got 9/9/9/9!
That bogus magic stat is probably for demonstration only. After all, I recall seeing characters with full MP in the early demo trailers of Suikoden IV.
DeadStreetApostle

Post by DeadStreetApostle »

My only hope is that Frederica's character is developed. :3 I smell a Clive-esq beat-the-game-under-8-hours-to-see-extra-stuffing going on with her her and her bounty hunting or whatever. I always hoped like Suikoden built up to Suikoden II, Suikoden IV would build up to V and this new game could be a fangasmy lead up to V.
juicyfrog242

Post by juicyfrog242 »

Is this gonna be the final installment, or somewhere inbetween IV and V?
"I know nothing of dog behavior, but I do know you're depriving some poor village of its idiot."
jonathan_priest

*shrug*

Post by jonathan_priest »

For what its worth, I simply cannot get excited about the idea of this game. I'm sorry, but not only was SIV by far the worst of the series, but the war, the story and the whole game made no difference in the Suiko Universe at all. Why create a new game to rehash the worst of the collection? Rather than going back to the SIV timeline, Konami needs to move forward with the plot, or go back even further and discuss Scarlet Moon breaking away from Harmonia or any war for that matter that meant anything. I honestly and trully believe Suikoden IV was a mistake in the series, and should cut away like any dead limb.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

By cutting away Suikoden IV leads to plot holes.
We can't just ignore it and look elsewhere.
It was done and we may as well start to accept it.
The more the series lingers in the past the more it expands its future.

EDIT: And what is all this about the graphics, aren't you people satisfied, the graphics aren't that bad and the game is still in development so just be happy we get a new game.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Eternal Rune

Post by Eternal Rune »

hello everyone, i have some questions and remarks:
(i havn't read all the replies, so please bear with me)

questions: -1-2005 Fall??? between which months??? september to december???
-2- what do you feel about the idea of suikoden turning to SRPG genre?

Remarks: -1- i don't know how you feel about the graphics but i like them even better than suiko III & IV (peace), its because i always liked the graphics of the suiko I & II, and this seems to look very much the same but with capabilities of PS2. also, i like them because if they don't emphasize on the graphics as they did with III & IV , then that means they would have alot of space to fill in the dvd, which means ALOT of story,ALOT of areas, and because its an SRPG, ALOOOOOOOT of characters, new and old.

-2- i don't really like the idea that it is a gaiden, even though its playable and not text, it just says that it will probably never hit the shelves in the states, which means ican't enjoy playing it since i don't speak (or read) japanese :( , but i guess since the applied for a patent in the US, maybe that quarantees a little?

-3- i am not afraid as much as i am worried about the idea that its a strategy, because as much potential as a suikoden has as an SRPG, still it may damage the series greatly (or enhance it greatly) depending on the work of konami, i just hope it doesn't follow in the footsteps of all other SRPG's, which are silly (disgaea anyone, i want an EPIC & MYTHOLOGY,perhaps some drama even, i really don't want to laugh, if i did i would watch a FRIENDS episode), and i hope that they emphasize on the story rather than the battle system (battles leading to story, not the other way around)

-4- i like the idea that it is not suikoden V, because even if they did a great job and brought back the feel of the first two games in the series, i still like the idea of suikoden being a TURN-BASED RPG, which is the most important thing to me (oh well, guess an SRPG is turn-based in a twisted manner.

-5- overall, i can't wait for the game to be released and confirmed for th US.

*please answer my first question....