New Suikoden SRPG Scan!

Closed with the release.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Discourangement:Konami has not confirmed this yet and this might be a hoax (from Konami) to throw us of into beleiving they are making a Gaiden but are actually making a Genso after S3 timeline..Altough that is not probable but we don't have confirmation so...
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Blue Thunder wrote:That artwork definetly looks like Kawano's art. Of course, it's not very detailed and I haven't stared at it for very long, but it looks like her style.

Edit - But I pray that I am wrong. I loathe what she did with Suikoden 4. My dream for the series used to be that Suikoden would be as popular as Final fantasy. My current dream is that Kawano leave the series entirely after her work on S4.
lol

Well you can't blame her. Blue Moon said once that she bogged down with directing, character design, AND producing it. So...that's a lot of work and the possible reason as to why SIV stunk.

edit: You don't need a confirmation. Characters from SIV are in the scan.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

edit: You don't need a confirmation. Characters from SIV are in the scan
As long as they don't confirm it we know nothing.It coud be that the game begins after S4 timeline and graduatly go's to the S3 timeline.Altough I think that would suck.The main character would then need a True Rune though...

BTW Le Buque is still called The Safir Clan in S4 timeline.
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

Actually, Le Buque is called the Carna Tribe. Safir Clan was never actually shown in Suikoden 3. It suffered the same fate as Kamaro: it was only mentioned, but never shown.
~Blue Thunder~
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Wraith wrote:
edit: You don't need a confirmation. Characters from SIV are in the scan
As long as they don't confirm it we know nothing.It coud be that the game begins after S4 timeline and graduatly go's to the S3 timeline.Altough I think that would suck.The main character would then need a True Rune though.../quote]

You know, that WOULD be pretty cool. It would be the first time you actually experience years of pain from the eternal youth curse given from a True Rune. That would be awesome.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

That place that looks like the Grasslands could easily be Gaien or Koolouk.

And even if thing move to.. Wait let me check the screen shots............

Forget about it, this Kyril or something guy is in both shots unless he has a true rune it couldn't be moved in the future.

EDIT: Oh wait you already thought of the Rune then let me check for his companions.

EDIT2: Yep, unless we are dealing with 3 true runes it won’t move to the future.

”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Most people think that the characters in Suikoden Four were underdeveloped because the staff was lazy, but now that this game has been spotted, it's probably because they wanted to develop the characters in this game; or in the next installment, Suikoden Five.
Although that is an interesting point I have one comment on it: Why should I have to pay for a full price game twice to get one round of fully developed characters? Suikoden III had fully developed characters all in one game and was much longer and the same price as Suikoden IV when it first came out. This sounds like a marketing ploy to me and I'm not impressed, if that's the case.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Arenegeth wrote:That place that looks like the Grasslands could easily be Gaien or Koolouk.

And even if thing move to.. Wait let me check the screen shots............

Forget about it, this Kyril or something guy is in both shots unless he has a true rune it couldn't be moved in the future.

EDIT: Oh wait you already thought of the Rune then let me check for his companions.

EDIT2: Yep, unless we are dealing with 3 true runes it won’t move to the future.
Yes, but looking at the pics, it COULD be more than just in the Island Nations.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Oppenheimer, it would be the same with most of the characters in the entire series. Although the English-speaking world can just look at Suikosource and Suikox to find all their information, the people that painstakingly translated all of that information had to spend much of their hard-earned money to buy those Shinshos, Suikogaidens, Encyclopedias, etc.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Ok.. graphics usually dont matter to me. I still play 8 bit games.. but come on, you know Konami could at least do a decent job on the graphics for this game, Suikoden 4 was very good. This looks as crappy as III.
Yuber's_Chaos

Post by Yuber's_Chaos »

So, they probably will create a tactical Gaiden...
I donnot know whether I shall be content or not.
I remember "Tactics" like "Final Fantasy Tactics" and I really was very disappointed of the game.
On top of that, I guess that in such a game, there will be mainly battles and not much story at all...
I'd love the game if Yuber was in it, though.

Well, all in all I don't expect much of it but that would make joy even greater if it was good.

So, I'll just wait till I know more. 8)
~Always search for the light crowded with darkness~
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Oppenheimer, it would be the same with most of the characters in the entire series. Although the English-speaking world can just look at Suikosource and Suikox to find all their information, the people that painstakingly translated all of that information had to spend much of their hard-earned money to buy those Shinshos, Suikogaidens, Encyclopedias, etc.
Jowy, I'm sorry but I don't quite understand your point. I was trying to say that Suikoden III is a game with complete characters, you don't need to go anywhere else to get more information on those characters, they are developed enough in the game that there aren't many unanswered questions. You don't really need to go to Suikogadiens to understand the characters (although to do so would give you "bonus" information).

Compare this to Suikoden IV where you don't have much information on any of the characters. What you'd have to do then is buy this new Suikoden strategy game to give sufficient character explanation to make one complete game's worth of info, forget bonus information, this will theoretically only cover the basics.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Yuber's_Chaos wrote:So, they probably will create a tactical Gaiden...
I donnot know whether I shall be content or not.
I remember "Tactics" like "Final Fantasy Tactics" and I really was very disappointed of the game.
On top of that, I guess that in such a game, there will be mainly battles and not much story at all...
I'd love the game if Yuber was in it, though.
Even though Final Fantasy Tactics has an emphasis on the battles, the story is by far one of the best stories I have seen in an rpg.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Nash Latjke and Wang/Joker would be two good examples of characters that were developed in the Suikogaidens, and not in Suikoden III. Little Viki (and to an extent big Viki) were also developed in the Suikogaidens, and not Suikoden III. Suikogaiden and Rhapsodia serve the same purpose: to give more information on characters found in-game, and to introduce new characters to you.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Pesmerga wrote:*Hopes for Pesmerga or Yuber to be in this :D
I hope they die of AIDS and never return. Rediculously overrated characters. I almost fully dislike them now because of the lame Suikoden-noobs that adore them. Kinda like how other noobs are with Sephiroth and FF7.