New Suikoden SRPG Scan!

Closed with the release.
Nash L.

Post by Nash L. »

I don't think they will give him a name. In the same image that shows Snowe and Hero-4 as kids, appears their names as well as Kyril, but on the box next to Hero-4 picture is written: "Genso Suikoden 4 Shujinkou", which basically means: "The Protagonist from Suikoden 4" and not his name as happens with Snowe and Kyril.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I was wondering what it said, but I doubt they'll leave it like that for the final release of the game. They'll either give him a name or the name you gave him from Suikoden 4 will work. At least that's what I'm hoping will happen.

Thanks for telling us what those japanese characters meant.
I hope everything is going delicious.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:I was wondering what it said, but I doubt they'll leave it like that for the final release of the game. They'll either give him a name or the name you gave him from Suikoden 4 will work. At least that's what I'm hoping will happen.

Thanks for telling us what those japanese characters meant.
As far as I could gather we'll have to load the Suiko4 data, or else allow the player to input a name when the game is started.

The Suiko4 data should unlock some parts of the story (just like McDohl's sidequest in Suiko2).
[evil laugh here]
Nash L.

Post by Nash L. »

I want to believe I'm wrong, but I guess that Hero-4 and Snowe will be only available through Data Transfer. If my guess is correct, then, they will not have to give him a name. At least, not in this game. I'm hoping to be wrong, but I found very odd. In the same name/brief history box, it's written between parenthesis: "Child Age", as implying those character will only be useable at their "child versions". It would be sucks for people like me who wants to discover what happened to the Hero-4 after Suikoden. So, once again, I really hope I'm wrong.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Tir and Riou got their names from the game novelizations. So KCET can just use the same name that they're gonna use for the Suikoden IV novels. That's assuming it will be published sometime.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

A Suikoden 4 novel has been confirmed and is in the works. It won't be Hori who's writing it though. It's another writer called Mie Takase.

baed on the article, Hero 4 and Snowe seem to be part of the plot. The article also says that an additional character will show up during that scene if you upload Suikoden 4 data into Rhapsodia.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

any idea as to who this additional character could be?
Nash L.

Post by Nash L. »

I'd go with Ted. :)
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Well it can't be Ted since he was on the ghostship at the time and I don't believe he met Hero4 at such a young age. I was thinking maybe one of the razril knights or someone that lived in Razril.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I really hope its not ted cause I like change and I dont want the same characters constantly

wow so a suikoden 4 novel is in the works huh? that sounds exciting, does anyone know if it will be available in english like the suiko 3 manga?

and angelis_taleria I want story more than anything, I dont want to have characters return just for gameplay purposes In fact I rather have a kick ass story with an amazing plot any day than anything else because story is what makes a good rpg, I was just saying I didnt want to FIGHT with snowe and hero 4 as little kids like melville and alanis and elliot from suiko 3 because personally I just feel fighting with little kids is stupid, believe me I have no complaints if konami wants to show us when they were kids to give us more info and backround but I dont wanna fight with them when there kids. I also want the rune of punishment back because I feel they can improve it and add so much to suikoden 4 if they let hero 4 make a cameo appearence after suiko 4
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

"that sounds exciting, does anyone know if it will be available in english like the suiko 3 manga? "

I've never heard of a Japanese video game novelization translated into English.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Me either, it seems like a market that simply doesn't exist.
Mahiru

Post by Mahiru »

The drawings for Suikoden Tatics seems more like Ishikawa's, but either of them would be fine. I like them both.
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

dragonmasterx wrote:"that sounds exciting, does anyone know if it will be available in english like the suiko 3 manga? "

I've never heard of a Japanese video game novelization translated into English.
*sighs* When will games companies wake up to the possibilities of merchandise? These things don't get made in Japan "for the fans", they get made because they will make extra money!
I can't wait for Rhapsodia - any Suikoden is a good Suikoden :D
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Rhapsodia page has been updated. There's a new downloadable song, three wallpapers, more banners, gameplay videos showing how some of the people attack (or in Yohn's case move), and probably some other things I forgot to mention. Check it out!