New Suikoden SRPG Scan!

Closed with the release.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The design on the shoulder pad matches with the so-called "hoof."

Also, Yohn's fur is white, and the "hoof" is not white.
However, Yohn may still have hooves for hands.
Yuber's_Chaos

Post by Yuber's_Chaos »

Is that so imporrtant whether Yohn has got hands or hooves?

I just want to say that I trouve it more important, what her part in the game will be, not, what her hands look like.

Well, think that she'll support the main character. Seems that he will have a tough time again.
~Always search for the light crowded with darkness~
Eternal Rune

Post by Eternal Rune »

ummm, there is something that's been bothering me about the packaging... from the look of it, the hero, (kyle?), is hurt and that creature or whatever is holding him, which reminds me of the final scene of suiko II.... my fear is that the packaging gives away the ending and the hero dies. my thoughts aren't based on any info though, so that's a relief...

also, what do you guys think about a new true rune??? should the hero of rhapsodia gets it or should it be introduced with a new bearer?? i guess everyone wants a true rune, but everyone has there own fantasies about where it should reside.... for me, i guess i also want one, but i hope that it comes with a new bearer, a rune that is so mysterious that it needs introduction before it is released through a new game, and i guess if it were introduced in rhapsodia (without rhapsodia fluctuating around it) it would be in suikoden V (STILL hoping its in secret production).. or they can talk about true runes we know of but no of the story behind it.. what do you guys think???
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I don't think Kyril will get a True Rune. think game will be solely based around the destruction of the Rune Cannons. It may delve deeper into the mysteries surrounding the Million Worlds of Suikoden, but I think the mechanics and the plot will be centered around the mysterious creatures needed in order to construct rune cannons and how they effect the world as a whole.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

doesn't Cray have some rune? you'll have to excuse me if it looks like i have no idea what i'm talking about when it comes to S4; i never really got into the plot nor cared much to read up on the clarifications...
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It appeared that he did have some sort of rune that he used to activate the Giant Tree Monster at the end of the game, but we do not know for sure. Basically, his right hand was glowing and the Giant Tree started moving. Was it a rune? It's possible, but again we cannot know until Konami confirms.
creativerealms

Post by creativerealms »

Well Cray wants the rune of Punishment back so that rune (if it is a rune) he uses to give life to the great tree can't be a true rune. Even if what he used is a rune it can't be a true rune.
Yuber's_Chaos

Post by Yuber's_Chaos »

It would be possible that it is a true rune, though I don't think so, either.
If it where a true rune, it probably would not be as great as the rune of punishment, because Cray would loose the other rune, when he got it back.
It would be just like it happened, when you gave Geddoe the fire rune, I think.
Anyways, why should he have another true rune? Nah, I don't think so.
~Always search for the light crowded with darkness~
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

All True Runes are equal in power so it would not be lesser than the Rune of Punishment, but I seriously doubt it was a True Rune for the fact that there was nothing described about the light in question. It might have been something else entirely for all we know. It could have been the essence of some other being. I think we will find out in Rhapsodia, though.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

what the heck?!

why are snowe and hero 4 little kids!?

its great that there coming back but wasnt this supposed to be after suikoden 4? so why the heck are hero 4 and snowe kids!

I dont get it! please dont make them kids konami!! please!!! I dont wanna be an adult kryll leading snowe and hero 4 around like im there big brother! :x

if hero 4 is coming back then let it be with his rune!! dammnit!!!!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

This game takes place both before and after Suikoden IV, so we'll probably see Hero IV and Snowe as adults as well.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thank goodness.... was worried there

in that case we might see some good events that coincide with suiko 4

still I dont wanna play with hero 4 and snowe when there kids liek we did with melville alanis and elliot in suiko 3....
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

son_michael wrote:what the heck?!

why are snowe and hero 4 little kids!?

its great that there coming back but wasnt this supposed to be after suikoden 4? so why the heck are hero 4 and snowe kids!

I dont get it! please dont make them kids konami!! please!!! I dont wanna be an adult kryll leading snowe and hero 4 around like im there big brother! :x

if hero 4 is coming back then let it be with his rune!! dammnit!!!!

What does age have to do with anything?

and you only want hero4 back with his rune? don't take this as too much of an insult, but that's stupid. I would think we'd want to learn more about hero4 as a person rather than simply using him as a filler like McDohl was in Suikoden II.

I'm looking forward to finding out more about Snowe and Hero4 and the other returning characters such as Flare, Keneth, etc.. just to throw out a few random names.

I think that's the problem with a few fellow Suikoden fans. They'd rather have characters return for gameplay purposes rather than story purposes. I would love to see Hero4 return as a child if it'll help fill in the holes that were present throughout Suikoden IV. I wonder if he'll be given a name in the actual game or if the name will transfer over from Suikoden IV? This game is starting to look very interesting. I know its silly to say such a thing, but I hope this game lives up to my expectations of it thus far.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

They pretty much have to give him a name if the player decides to not upload data from Suikoden IV. It'd be pretty weird to ask the player to give some random kid a name that's not even the main hero for Rhapsodia.

Hopefully his name is not Dennis or Cyan. *cringes*
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

Yeah, I hope they do give him a name. On another note, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but it appears that Dario makes a return. On the official site, kyril's character page. click on the video thing at the bottom right corner and look carefully and you should see Dario.

SK
Last edited by SnowKing on Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."