Konami trademarks Suikoden Tactics

Closed with the release.
himurokoken

Konami trademarks Suikoden Tactics

Post by himurokoken »

Word Mark SUIKODEN TACTICS

Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Video game software; video game programs; video game CD-ROMS; video game DVD-ROMS; computer game programs; computer game CD-ROMS; computer game DVD-ROMS; electronic game programs; electronic game CD-ROMS; electronic game DVD-ROMS; cartridges and cassettes for use with hand-held video game machine; circuit boards containing game programs for use with hand-held video game machine; video output game machines; downloadable electronic game software, downloadable computer game software and downloadable video game software

Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Serial Number 78610791

Filing Date April 18, 2005

Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B

Owner (APPLICANT) Konami Corporation CORPORATION JAPAN 2-4-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku Tokyo JAPAN 100-6330

Attorney of Record Andrew Baum and Randi S. Miller

Type of Mark TRADEMARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
I found this at gaming-age forums. Perhaps this will be at E3?

<3 <3 <3

Genso Suikoden meets FFT meets Vandal Hearts plz

This was also posted at suikox to see if anyone else has heard or seen this report.
Eao

Post by Eao »

just don't forget! just because it says "Suikoden" doesn't automaticly insure it is "genso suikoden"

the post is lost, but I mentioned I found a "suikoden" game either for NES or Sega Genisis(megadrive). Koei makes a lot of games based off of "Chinese stories", they had a Suikoden that was tactical. but it had nothing to do with True Runes and the likes.

a Genso Suikoden Tactics would just make the battle system differnt (Shining force, FFTs, Bahamut lagoon are some tactical-battle rpgs)

so this may or not may be what we want.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Well since this is trademarked by Konami, and Konami has been making this line of Suikoden related games, it's safe to say this is Genso Suikoden. I don't think it makes sense for them to make another series related to the Suikoden story if it's not Genso Suikoden.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

A spin off, probably for the DS, but if it is listed as Suikoden and not Genso Suikoden that means that a west release is imminent, at least in the US.

Well for me it depends, if it’s good but doesn’t mess or offer anything new to the storyline then I accept it, if it’s mediocre (it can't be bad can it)
But adds to the storyline in a significant way I also accept it with open arms.
We will see, time will tell, sooner or later.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Looks like a great news for us. It's about time for another spin-off, especially one that actually stand a chance of localisation. I'm just a bit skeptical about simulation RPGs these days, but I hope Konami can pull it off well.

Thanks for posting this, himurokoken.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=79611#79611

SARS confirms it is indeed patented.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

The quote shows it to be patented, or at least pending patent, as it lists the reference marks and relevant details.

The issue is whether or not Konami are trademarking the name as a potential project; or one that is well in development.

Games companies like many others do patent names for ideas that do not come to fruition, or change name partway through the development cycle. Square-Enix are the most obvious example of a company that trademarks plenty but doesn't end up using the majority of names they patent.

However, it does mean that Konami have shown at least their intentions to release a game with such a title at some point, even if that plan is not later realised.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
daoster

Post by daoster »

Hopefully, it'll be something that relates to the past game stories, kinda like how Suikogaiden 1 was related to Suikoden II, and Suikogaiden 2 set the stage for Suikoden III, rather than being a retelling of a previous game (like how the Suikoden cardgame for GBA was)
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
Mark

Post by Mark »

I hope this time Suikoden Tactics will be better..
Visit the best Suikoden resources online!
-http://suikoden-network.com-
Butters

Post by Butters »

Mmm...Im not to sure what to think about this. It could be great or it can be really bad. if this game is made i hope it takes place in Harmonia it can make for some great battles and a awsome story plus Harmonia already has so much history so the back story is already taken care of.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Butters wrote:Mmm...Im not to sure what to think about this. It could be great or it can be really bad. if this game is made i hope it takes place in Harmonia it can make for some great battles and a awsome story plus Harmonia already has so much history so the back story is already taken care of.
Well that would be awesome....but Konami is so secretive with Harmonia that I would doubt they would put it as the main location in a Suiko spinoff. Though it could still be mentioned in this game.

I would like to see it either set up in a different country on the main contentinet, or have it on a new conteninet. (I think it's the western contentinet?)
Genso

Post by Genso »

Games companies like many others do patent names for ideas that do not come to fruition, or change name partway through the development cycle. Square-Enix are the most obvious example of a company that trademarks plenty but doesn't end up using the majority of names they patent.
I think the one that I've heard about is people assuming there was going to be a newest Chrono Trigger series game called Chrono Break due to similar circumstance as this, but it ended up just being nothing but heart break for many hopeful fans.

I personally would not get overly excited yet and wouldn't assume that a tactics game is definite. It's much more devastating to find out nothing were to happen when you expect so much.

Can anyone think of any Konami strategy games? I can't come up with anything in my head.
daoster

Post by daoster »

Vandal Hearts 1 and 2 are the only strategy RPG games I can think of for the moment.
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Suikoden Tactics is a brilliant idea. Especially since you can have access to your 108 stars of destiny! Most likely make a party of 6 and have unites in big environments! oh man I was hoping one day they would do something like that. : D
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Konami is known in Japan for registering trademarks for many terms without ever using them. The same is true in the USA, as they currently have 2703 trademark claims (including pending issues). A lot of these are dead now, because Konami never used it. So it's probably early to think they're seriously planning to make "Suikoden Tactics." However, it's a good indication for sure.