Hideo Kojima and Suikoden?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
BlinkingMirror

Re: Hideo Kojima and Suikoden?

Post by BlinkingMirror »

Mio wrote:why self centered? because all i see in the opening credits was his name
Actually, there is a lot more than his name on the credits. And, his games often credit the voice actors/actresses and even motion capture talent(easter egg in MGS4) during the actual gameplay when the character first appears.
Mio wrote:boooy, i suggest he starts learning how to delegate some people or learn the concept of division of labor
(half-meant exaggeration)
That is quite an exaggeration. :) In fact when playing through MGS4 for the BBE. One has to complete play within 5 hours. Near the end 16-17 minutes are unskippable. A lot of that time is for credits. I mean A LOT! hehe In fact, MGS games usually have the longest credits. Along with the some of the Final Fantasy games.

The unskippable nature of the credits is a real thorn in the side to some players. I've read messages where a poster was stuck in the last Act knowing that they have to add 16-17 minutes to their time and they couldn't get the BBE. So the irony is that a huge number of people are given credit in MGS4 and that actually can end up being a pain for the player.

In reality Kojima's games have lots and lots of people working on them. In fact, Shuyo Murata was also part director and writer for MGS4. And, he's been involved in other Kojima games like MGS2, MGS3, Zone of Enders series etc...

Plus, I've even read that he had a very controversial ending idea for MGS4. But, the development team didn't like it and thus he decided not to go with that idea for the finale.

Oh, and about ego. Many developers, directors, writers, actors/actresses, singers, not to mention others in entertainment and also sports have big egos. :)
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

despite all that you've said

it's undeniable that his name Hideo Kojima appeared more than average in the "opening credits"

(i remember teh intro of the game with Naked Snake)

also citing similar instances does not justify this behavior

tahts ad populum my dear, its a no-no
Alestes

Post by Alestes »

Hideo Kojima and Suikoden would be a horrible mix in my opinion. All those drawn out and overdramatic cutscenes, dorky cheesy lines and messed up story, ugh, no thanks.

That said, I did enjoy the first Metal Gear games and Metal Gear Solid on the PS1, but Metal Gear Solid 2 is probably the worst PS2 game I ever played, so I never bothered with MGS3 or MGS4.
KvChaos

Post by KvChaos »

Suikoden will become too realistic or supernatural for my liking.
DaveyJ

Post by DaveyJ »

Hmm well Kojima would be able to handle the political side of things I think. I'd be very interested in seeing his take on massive army battles.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Apparently Kojima is doing another Metal Gear Solid game (what a surprise), so this seems incredibly unlikely.

It's an interesting idea though.