The future: What to keep, change, & bring back...

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
BlackKnightYuber

Re: The future: What to keep, change, & bring back...

Post by BlackKnightYuber »

noodledoodle wrote:
What to Change:

- I think Cell shading rather then 3D would look really better in this game considering the art is that of an anime.
Yes indeed. I mentioned this in another thread. I've always thought it would be cool if the graphics matched the avatars a little closer. It's not a big deal or anything, but might add to the appeal.
Author

Post by Author »

Bring Back
Good intro, for sure. Yea, I am so keen on the intros and music.

What to change
Cheap intros...what?

What to keep
Super special awesome storyline.

I'm not very demanding, obviously >.>;
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

Well they should make more unique weapons or atleast something like that, and more boomerang users!

I hope they decide to keep the formations and the extra 4 slot thing so you can switch certain characters around in battle and while in the menu.

I also think that they should make the darkness rune, ressurection rune and shield runes all available at the rune shop in each future suikoden.

They should also bring back the recruit feature that richmond and kid have, it was a major dissapointment that oboro didn't have this feature especially since suikoden 5 had some people that you wouldn't have known about unless you were given a clue.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

I don't know if this was used in the other games (I've only played the first two Suikodens) but I think it would be good if you can form separate parties and assign them to different locations. That way if you want to shuffle your party, you don't have to keep returning to base, you just switch to another unit. I think it would also make a lot more sense that your inactive Stars of Destiny aren't just filling up the castle, they're off on reconnaissance or treasure hunting.
Author

Post by Author »

Masamune. wrote:I don't know if this was used in the other games (I've only played the first two Suikodens) but I think it would be good if you can form separate parties and assign them to different locations. That way if you want to shuffle your party, you don't have to keep returning to base, you just switch to another unit. I think it would also make a lot more sense that your inactive Stars of Destiny aren't just filling up the castle, they're off on reconnaissance or treasure hunting.
You know what totally made me think an awesome idea?

A two-player RPG game. Yea, you can select a leader and construct another party for your partner :P
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

That would be very wierd, but if they found a way to make it work it would be awesome, revolutionize RPGs and make Suikoden more popular...if they went back to 2-D (say a DS game or something...honestly I wouldn't mind it being 2-D for the next-gen consoles either) there could be both characters on the screen at once running around free-ly...they should probably tripple everythings life though.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg