Ressurection+Darkness unite?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Ressurection+Darkness unite?

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah... or maybe just have runes that passively convert your spells. so you can have 2 elemental runes and either "Holy" (not the running one..) or "Dark" rune in the Head slot. then they won't be doing unites and it's more strict--- you won't have a huge slew of spells you can pull off, but instead your set of spells has changed. Wind of Sleep can change to slow down speed or pure damage instead when Dark is equipped, etc.

i think having too many unite spells will allow for broken low-level spells to be discovered and abused, making the entire game too easy. group healing with lvl 1 unite spells?.....
fong03

Post by fong03 »

I agree, which is why I think there shouldn't be lv1 unites at all. . .

The head slot idea is a good one. It would just stink because you couldn't have a Pale Gate Rune equipped at the same time either. I think if it were limited to lv4 spells and rare runes only, it would be towards the latter half of the game before you could execute the spells. I think also putting in a affinity level requirement would be a nice limitation as well. Perhaps a magic skill level requirement as well?

I would like to see these unites be quite powerful, but only accessible by a handful of characters and available later on in the game. And this of course is all with the hopes of a more challenging game this time around to make buffing and debuffing actually useful.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I agree with you Fong, from the unites to the difficulty....the 2 elementals and 1 definitive head slot rune sounds like a pretty good idea, that could open up a variety of upgrades to the rune system.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

here's my idea for the uses of Holy/Dark Runes that passively change your spells.... I'll just take the Wind Rune.
H:nothing / R:Wind (your normal/neutral spells)
1 - Wind of Sleep - chance to cause sleep vs all enemies
2 - Healing Wind - fully heal 1 ally
3 - The Shredding - mod. dmg to all enemies
4 - Funeral Wind - mod. dmg to 1 enemy + chance of instant death

H:Dark / R:Wind
1 - Heavy Fog - decrease accuracy and EVA vs all enemies
2 - Dark Wind - mod. dmg to 1 enemy
3 - Poison Cloud - mod. dmg to all enemies + chance of poison
4 - Wind Column - heavy dmg to 1 column of enemies + chance of unbalance

H:Holy / R:Wind
1 - Swift Wind - EVA increased for all allies
2 - Gentle Breeze - mod. healing for all allies
3 - Storm Warning - reflect next magic attack spell back to caster (the return dmg in Suikoden II for this spell was horrible... needs to be better formulated.)
4 - Gale Runner - significantly boost SPD of 1 ally (a support spell that can actually be useful in a Suikoden game... multi-hits galore)

Some using Dark should not be able to unite with someone using Holy (or neutral) spells. It would have to be something like Dark/Wind + Dark/Earth....

wheeee
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Wow you even got the names perfect, nice.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

fong03 wrote:I think adding the Holy and Dark elements to the unite scheme would be a nice idea. These are the pairings I would like to see:

Holy + Wind: Low Damage + Healing + Party Buff (Increased SPD + Decreased Casting time maybe)

Holy + Lightning: Massive single target damage + DOT

Dark + Earth: Moderate area damage + debuff (Def + MDef down)

Dark + Water: High area damage + Debuff (Silence)

The two weakest elements (damage wise) get nice offensive spells here and wind magic also gets to shine as well. For me, Holy and Dark are always a slight step above the other elements and that is why I gave these unites some additional bonuses.

I also think the unite system in general should be revamped. I did not like unites for each spell level, and I think that only the best mages should be capable of unleashing these spells. Suikoden has always delivered in terms of magic and I feel that these specials should shine a bit more. To compensate for that, it should be more difficult to pull them off. Only those who are equipped with rare runes, have access to lv4 spells, and an affinity of A or higher in that element should be able to unite magic.

Le'ts also hope for an increase in the difficulty level as well! hehe
Well, A affinity for two persons to perform the unite magic is okay, but not as for one person.
In order for a single caster to perform unite magic, s/he must have at least 2 Level 4 MP and has S affinity for both elements. It's more challenging that way. The problem with that: Only mages can do so.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.