Reveals the True Rune-- mother of the Ressurection Rune.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Runemaster

Re: Reveals the True Rune-- mother of the Ressurection Rune.

Post by Runemaster »

Mio wrote:
Runemaster wrote:Blinking Rune isn't a common Magic Rune.
well... i kinda believed that it is

since you can get more than 1 of this rune (in SII and SV i think)

and anybody can wield it...

that's pretty common for me
Yeah but it's still rare, isn't it?
Anyway. I made a mistake. I should edit the first post and add "mass produced runes", shouldn't I?

But something mystefies me (again). I'm kinda thinking of another rune.. The Jongleur Rune.. hm... is DoReMi Rune a True Rune? or the better question is: Is this the right thread for that question? heh heh..
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

the Jongleur would prolly be categorized with the Blinking Rune

the DoReMi would fit perfectly as a unique rune
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

It would be hillarious if we found out the DoReMi rune was a true rune.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

It may be the worst True Rune in the history of Suikoden! XD
But the Suikoden people haven't said a thing about it, have they??? I'm not sure.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
exploud1

Post by exploud1 »

if a mother rune of the ressurection would be the true rune of the tenkai star in s6...then most of the enemies there are zombies etc...not likely too happen hehe :mrgreen:
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Thats not necessarily true. The only vampires we actually know about are Seirra, Neclord, and Seirra's ex lover (forgot his name). There could easily be other vampires, werewolves (the only one we know is Bob after all), zombies, specters, ghouls, goblins, and zombicorns throughout the Suikoden world. I dont see it at all far fetched to have a land that is plagued by legions of the undead (of course this would be just the beginning, as it would tie back into Windy and Yuber having an affiliation with an old friend of Neclord, or maybe one of his wives). This is no more farfetched than other ideas i've seen on here.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I think it could be from all of those but I'm leaning more towards the Ressurection rune...maybe when Necklord stole the rune it left something behind...like a way to defeat it (Blue Moon rune is kind of opposite of the Ressurection rune....the whole extra damage to undead, but its still apart of it because it has the power to bring back life, and the Blue Moon basically animates dead and brings dead back in an un-pure form)?

Hmmm...maybe true runes are a pure-from and regular runes are like ores or little pieces of the pure piece.

And doesn't Kahn kinda give a clue that the Res. rune is linked to the Blue Moon rune?
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
JanusThePaladin

Not really, Kahn is a vampire hunter. The only Rune we know of that is properly fitting to take on legions of the undead would be a Resurrection rune (and maybe a fire rune, i dont remember if undead were weak versus fire in the Suikoden world). Its just logic that Kahn would carry a Resurrection Rune. And as far as i know about his history (which isnt much) he had no actually connection to the Blue Moon Rune, other than fighting Neclord.

Oh, and Sierra carries a darkness Rune, which has no connection the the Blue Moon Rune.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Have we already forgotten that the Resurrection Rune can be found in multiple quantities in Suikoden 5?
Even if pieces don't count, Eresh having the rune would probably mean she has one while Kahn is wandering with a totally different rune in his hand. That would probably mean the rune is either created or "born", though considering what we've learned about the name of the rune it could very well have been created.

Vextor, is the Resurrection Rune called the same in both Suikoden 2 and 5? They have all of the same spell effects, so I'm guessing they're both "Exorcism" Runes, but that still doesn't fully explain why Eresh has such a rune without having a specific (personal) reason to bear it short of her being in an undead-infested zone.

Still, since the rune can damage regular enemies (albeit weakly for one spell) it can't be exclusively dismissed as a single-purpose rune.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Do you think some runes like Falchon and maybe Res. rune can be offspring of regular runes (like grand children of true runes)?
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The Falcon Rune is likely something else entirely, since it contains combat knowledge rather than magical affinities.

It almost seems natural that a rune that embodies holy power would originate from a similar True Rune, much like the Darkness Rune seems to stem from the Soul Eater.

We probably won't have many more confirmations on the origins of the rune, even if Suikoden 6 were ever to be made.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

LanceHeart wrote: Vextor, is the Resurrection Rune called the same in both Suikoden 2 and 5?
Yes.
JanusThePaladin

LanceHeart wrote: Even if pieces don't count, Eresh having the rune would probably mean she has one while Kahn is wandering with a totally different rune in his hand. That would probably mean the rune is either created or "born", though considering what we've learned about the name of the rune it could very well have been created.
Huhwha?
LanceHeart wrote:Vextor, is the Resurrection Rune called the same in both Suikoden 2 and 5? They have all of the same spell effects, so I'm guessing they're both "Exorcism" Runes, but that still doesn't fully explain why Eresh has such a rune without having a specific (personal) reason to bear it short of her being in an undead-infested zone.

Still, since the rune can damage regular enemies (albeit weakly for one spell) it can't be exclusively dismissed as a single-purpose rune.
I would think that wandering about in a realm full of undead creatures would be reason enough to carry a rune that destroys them with relative ease....
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Just because you're in an undead infested zone that you NEED to have it.

We can still look at it this way: The Resurrection Rune probably isn't a one-of-a-kind rune. Short of the rune being the embodiment of someone's skill in exorcism (which is still quite possible), the only other option is to look toward it being a magical rune which yet again may or may not have a parent rune.

Either way, nobody can fully argue one way or the other without some official statement that details the origin of the rune. Suikoden 6 could probably fix the issue by having a primary bearer of the rune explain where it came from.
JanusThePaladin

I dont see that we need someone to explain where a mass produced rune came from. I'm positive you can buy one in s2, and you can defintely get a good many in S5. The rune is nothing other than a magical rune that is a cut above the rest. Simple as that. And so far, all mass produced runes we have been exposed to, except 2, have had a parent that is a true rune. It just seems logical that the 2 that we havent seen one for yet, have one, because even though its a video game, its world still has to follow some principles and precedents.