What kind of things would you like to change

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
starsfromfate108

What kind of things would you like to change

Post by starsfromfate108 »

I would like to upgrade the castle where you can design your own HQ set shops where ever you like and you can decide what the shops prices should be. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RangerDeon

Re: What kind of things would you like to change

Post by RangerDeon »

It would definitely be nice to be able to put shops and such where you want them to be. I'd love to do that. And to be able to put paintings/vases/plants/statues anywhere.

Now. . about setting your own prices. . . . .can't see that happening.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'd like to get money when I recruit stars who open shops. That always sucked, somehow... At least a small fee.

btw isn't that in the wrong eh section of the board?
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Customizing castles, that'd be like The Sims or something :lol:
I'd like that very much. Also, as master of the castle, I'd like to be able to assign rooms to SoDs, like, the ugly characters would get ugly rooms, jk XD
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Actually, assigning rooms and locations for characters wouldnt be that bad an idea. It always bothered me that the leader of an army had almost NO control over what his subordinates did inside their headquarters, and he never knew where to find ANYONE! And it always seemed kind of like a rip off that these merchants would set up shops in your castle and not have to pay overhead? I mean WTF? atleast you could charge Hans! Or you could just let him join and do the unlimited money trick :D

I'd like to see more sidequests that revolve around the nonlinear stars of destiny. Not like the huge sidequest to get Eresh in s5, but side quests that explore more of those characters background.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Antimatzist wrote:I'd like to get money when I recruit stars who open shops. That always sucked, somehow... At least a small fee.

btw isn't that in the wrong eh section of the board?

Yeah, like on SIII when you get money from the cook and the theater guy.

ANd yes, this might be in the wrong section.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

That would be a great idea. We should be able to do in depth customization to our things inside the Suikoden world.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

I'd like a couple of changes, I'd like the HQ to be a bit more like Dark Cloud 2 in terms of you get more freedom to place stuff once you get it, and I'd like the strategy battles to be more in the style of the Total War series.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I'd like to change who goes where. Like which characters bunk with who. Also, the whole setting paintings and such wherever would be a major plus.

-Lorelai Gilmore
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

1. Put the protagonists' mouths to work.

2. balance the Rune effects. I mean,make spells fair for the 5 elemental runes. I don't agree with Healing Wind having the same effect as Kindness Drops coz their levels are different. And also to balance their prices.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Antimatzist wrote:btw isn't that in the wrong eh section of the board?
Agreed, moving to Future Suikoden Speculation board.
Iku

Post by Iku »

the reason you have to pay more mp to do healing wind then kindness drop is because the water rune is the healing rune whereas the wind rune is meant to be a mixture/balenced rune. I like the dark cloud idea, like how the inhabitatants of your castle should have preferences where and who they live with, doing it right could affect the wares that the shopkeepers sell and people's war battle proficiency. I wouldn't mind them making the wind rune balenced rather then abit crappy, i mean i never saw the point of equiping to anyone when a water rune worked well on most long ranged characters and a fire/ thunder rune on your mage, i know it was meant to bring those properties together but it didnt do it too well, except for maybe on tactics. speaking of tactics did anyone else really like what they did with the command runes? it made magic swordsmen actually good for something other then a water rune... that might just be me though...
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

I guess I'd like the games to add the option to choose difficulty settings. If the player consciously has to handicap him/herself in order to give the battles any tension then it's probably not a good sign.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

Only way I ever made the games more challenging was to use weak characters in combat. Mina, Liukian, Antonio, etc..
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Using Antonio in combat is fun. Using any of the eclectic, clearly not warrior, characters in battle really re-freshens the experience.
I would change the main character from being mute and a child to something more the lines of Suikoden III, except with voice acting. Speaking of which I'd bring back the multiple time lines. There really isn't much else that I dislike about the series.