Character returns.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
snakebite105

Re: Character returns.

Post by snakebite105 »

After replaying Suikoden 1 these are people I can see returining for a legitimate reason.

Tir McDohl
Cleo
Gremio
Viktor
Tai Ho
Yam Koo
Lorelai
Juppo
Meg
Krin
Pahn
Sydonia
Sheena
Viki
Humphrey Mintz
Apple
Flik
Jeane
Kimberley
Kasumi
Kage
Morgan
Hix
Tengaar
Clive
Crowley
Pesmerga
Leon Silverberg
Milia
Futch
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Krin would be nice. Always liked the guy :)
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

CelesDestiny wrote:Krin would be nice. Always liked the guy :)
just thinking of all the people who went on a journy to other lands.

I forgot Georges, Eikie and Fu Su Lu. there may be more then that. but none that i'm going to bother looking up. Im pretty sure everyone else just stayed in Toran.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Lilexo

Post by Lilexo »

Man this is tough because there are a lot....

But I'd have to say my #1 character return is....not even a person! It would have to be the Rune of the Beginning. I'm really interested in knowing more about it and what it can do. Getting Jowy and Riou back would be cool too but even if the Rune of the Beginning came back with newer characters who had their own storyline their own side war accompanying the main story, I think that would still be interesting. Kind of like the whole Clive vs. Elza thing. A sidequest of epic proportions!

Ok back on topic....

#2 would have to Pesmerga and Yuber. Now my reason for their return isn't because "They're the coolest characters ever!" Mainly I need a resolution to their story. As someone posted earlier, it was like if you read a two novels and then suddenly last chapter the author decides to completely throw the entire storyline out the window. I need closure! Yes there are other untold stories. But these two just seem to catch my attention more than the others. I mean they might not even be human or mortals for that matter.

#3 Of course what kind of Suikoden game would it be without our two favorite ladies? Jeane and Viki! They need to be in the next game(s), it's how I usually mark the core games.

#4 I would have to say Zerase, because she's just so mysterious. We really don't know much about her and her connections to the Night Rune. Plus her...less than pleasant attitude is quite refreshing for a "good guy".

#5 Okay I know he's never appeared before but I'm really eager to see Hikusaak appear. (Plus I couldn't think of anyone else who I wanted to come back because a lot of the people I'm interested in, their stories are done.) So back to Hikusaak, he's a minorly major character who controls possibly the strongest nation on the planet, we've never seen him yet (though we can assume he possible looks similar to Luc and Sasari because well...you know), we don't even know whether Hikusaak is truly a person and not some like higher presence or something.

Anyways I'm done.
avenger

Post by avenger »

the three xexen kids older and still friends
viki
jeane
victor and flik as kids....
sierra and klaus as lovers
jacques and Aila as lovers and older
pesmerga a possible younger main charecter?
george prime
Lucrecia during the true fire rune insodent hense she was a kid..
elanor silverburg in her younger days.
Crowley the mage battling that old guy in suikoden 4.. forgot his name..
Lapant and family
joey? maybe..
the sacred games 15 years ago...

these are what i can think of..kay?
nobody

Post by nobody »

1. The Mysterious Trio Jeane,Viki,and Zerase cause i want to know more about them.
2. Yuber and Pesmerga for obvious reasons.
3. Belcoot
4. Zegai
5. Humphery Mintz
avenger

Post by avenger »

Humphery Disappeared to some place. I forget.. But if a future game is set where he is then sure he may return.
Odessa Platinal

Post by Odessa Platinal »

Chaco wrote:A nice thing about Tier Kries is that is allows the Suikoteam to do WHATEVER they want without having to worry about past story line, but can't they make an Alternate Universe and still have returning characters?

OMG! That would be like....Cleo, Odessa and Kika all in the same team riding horses together...
Yeah! Amen to that! Even though I highly doubt that will ever happen... Unfortunately, since Kika lived 150(!!!) years before S1 and Odessa (even though I HATE to admit it!!!) died in S1.
Of course they could make some kind of 'Dissidia' game of Suikoden and put Kika, Cleo and Odessa (especially Odessa since she deserved more!) as playable characters.
Then again, as Suikoden Tierkreis told me: "They'll never know unless they try!"

But I really hope they will make a dissidia version of Suikoden.
Just sharing my opinion...
ultimatecross5

Post by ultimatecross5 »

After seeing the best ending in Suikoden 2, It's possible that the trio(Riou, Jowy, and Nanami) will return. Probably if that Suikoden is in the Harmonia setting. Bright Shield Rune and Black Sword Rune FTW!
GrimJim

Post by GrimJim »

Can bring back Victor cos well hes a LEG END! and they can just make something up like the star dragon sword gives your life a much greater longivity, so yeah that be cool.
The Mcdohl cos he was my fav hero, have to say suikoden two is possibly my fav after one, but er i despised the hero kid in it, looked too young n just not heroic like Mcdohl...then he got his rune...it did NOT improve my opinion of him..tried so hard to get joeys lol.
Good ol George always fun...though not as a starting character as a hard person to get halfway through or something, n yeah bring the prince with him for kicks.
Belcoot was cool and DINN!
Ninjas Kiku, Cage (cage is the bobbafet of suikoden)
Dragon riders?
HUMPHREY! should bring him back n like give him a lil fort with his 100 men. Can like make some of them awsome elite soilders and inclued some people from other games in that like hes traveled around finding them.
For badguy you know you loved to fight him NECLORD! and his dodgy organ playing lol He was a good badguy. More Vampires? (and their villege)
Guy with the hat...you know in red...whats his face? ...him n lorilie cheaking out the cindars.
Percemega! my brothers fav persom, and you cant put him in without Yubba!
Crowely that crazy wizard hides in caves. Diddnt like do some sort of devistating spell fighting M....mmm...definatly began with a M....the wizard you get in two. Marcues?
Some cool cat wrarriors...not salesmen. Dog soilders, (they can be at each outhers throats n you as the hero have to go chill em out. then they join ya (sounds like a suikoden plot right?)
Dwarf warriors that fight...and have like cool armour not a wok on his head. (yeah lol)
My brother liked the FU SU LU gadgie so i think he wants more kung fu masters like him n stuff.
Errmm n thats about all i can think of right now.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

My #1 most wanted Character to return is Albert. I just love the guy. I don't care if he'd be the main Strategist, the Enemy Strategist or just a 2nd (although doubtful) Strategist like Apple, I just want him back. The ending of SuikoIII also stated that he went to work for Harmonia AND an other country (Double agent?). There is plenty of material to work with him to make something good.

#2 and 3 are Toma and Lun from SuikoV. They are still both young enough to have more story development in the future. Both of them at the end of SuikoV joined the rank of the Queen's Knights and the Dragon Horse Cavalry as apprentices, respectively. I could totally see us having to choose between them the same was as we had to with Kasumi and Valeria in SuikoII (I'd pick Toma).

#4 would be Eresh. Well, Eresh and Jeane but Jeane is pretty much a give (I'd be so pissed if they make a suiko without Jeane and Viki, they became some sort of trademark, like the 6 person party -yes, I was, and still am, pissed at Suiko4 for that-). I just want, no, need to know just WHAT is up with those two. Just WHO are they?

#5, Zerase, for pretty much the same reason as above. In fact, she is totally related to the secrecy of Jeane as noted by a certain cut scene. However, I dont want her to be playable. I'd like her to either be an NPC the way Leknaat was in SuikoI.

#6 and 7 Pesmerga and Yuber. Why? I don't really like, or care about them. I just want their stories to be over so people get over them.

#8 is Louis. Pretty much for the same reason as Toma and Lun. I dont really feel like developing on him but I'm sure he'd be a pretty boy with Toma even though they are 22 years apart.... okay, never mind that.

As for Character I really DON'T want to see anymore, Flik and Viktor. I think we've seen enough of them. They were very important character in both SuikoI and II, I think it's enough. Let them be.
Cuteboys_fangirl

Post by Cuteboys_fangirl »

I would like.....

Richard
Luc(but he is dead)
Ted(but what I thought that he is dead)
Ernst
Norma
Yubar

those are some but not all but ya I hope they come back.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I'd say whenever Kanakan is explored, that Lotte, Lorelai and maybe any falcon user could return. Lotte's home town is Kanakan, we could see a younger or older version of her (even if she moved to Gregminster, doesn't mean she can't stop by at all). Lorelai is said to have went there to look for sindar ruins (also gives the possibility of Killey appearing)
Roundier Haia is from there and that's the guy who teaches the falcon rune, (for some reason I've always pictured him to look like a male version of Theresa o_o)

I think that Zenoa will return, but in a Suikoden game. Not Tierkreis, in the ending it seemed to me like she knew something about traveling from one world to another. Not to mention she said "Stars of Destiny" rather than "Starbearers".
Although it's also possible for her to return in a Tierkreis as well.
I also think that if there is another Tierkreis that Mubal and Hotupa will return. Since Jeane and Viki always appear, I figure they'd pull a stunt where Mubal and Hotupa always appear as well.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Levi/Norma/Ernst. I wanna see Ernst become human again.
LadyMikain

Post by LadyMikain »

Lazlo and Kyril have to show up again only much older and wiser. i want to see crowley and mazus return again and show Estelle whos boss.
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history.-Pahn. Suikoden.