Character returns.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Antimatzist

Re: Character returns.

Post by Antimatzist »

Kahn Marley is cool, I'd like to see another of his family appear in a future game, or him himself once again. I mean he helped beat Neclord!
But not post Suikoden II... I mean, Kahn becomes a mineralogists oder whatever! :D

But I want another vampire hunter, that's for sure!
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

But not post Suikoden II... I mean, Kahn becomes a mineralogists oder whatever!

But I want another vampire hunter, that's for sure!
Perhapes another member of the Marley family. That would be cool to see. I'm sure they have all sorts of cool vampire hunters in that family. Maybe he has a twin brother!! :shock:
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
draculabakula

Post by draculabakula »

Tsharr wrote: Second: For several of the characters listed, their tales have already been told. Pilika, for example. Her story was completed at the end of the second game. I say let her live out a happy life in Harmonia and leave her alone. T

Man, hopefully everything notable that ever happened to you in your life didnt happen before you were 5 years old.

The thing about people saying they don't want characters returning is really lame. Almost no connection to the other games is why SIV sucks. As for the heroes from past games, I think they will probably come back eventually towards the end of the series, if the series ever gets a chance to finish up. Otherwise Tir, Riou, Jowy, and Nanami should probably keep wandering.

Personally I think that the next Suikoden game will not take place after SIII. This analysis may be a far stretch but bare with me. You can say that SIV closely relates to SI. Right now besides the Ted story the only thing I can think of is the fact that battle systems are the closest and that alot of the traveling is by boat. (I played IV once and never had the desire to play it again)

SII closely relates with SV. George and Retso being obvious. There is background oon the Howling Voice Guild as well. I'm guessing that SVI was loosely tie into SIII in some way from the past.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

draculabakula wrote:
Tsharr wrote: Second: For several of the characters listed, their tales have already been told. Pilika, for example. Her story was completed at the end of the second game. I say let her live out a happy life in Harmonia and leave her alone. T

Man, hopefully everything notable that ever happened to you in your life didnt happen before you were 5 years old.
Considering there's a need to balance returning and brand new characters with each new setting that gets introduced in each new Suikoden main title, I do agree that there are a whole load of other existing Suikoden characters who could use that precious screentime more than a 5-year-old girl who did claim a sizable share of Suikoden II's spotlight. It's bringing back characters like Georg, who as a perfectly optional character in Suikoden II, and expanding on his story for the entire length feature of Suikoden V.
The thing about people saying they don't want characters returning is really lame. Almost no connection to the other games is why SIV sucks.
Returning characters was amongst its lesser issues, I'd say.

In general, if returning characters return for the sake of returning, like so many S1-S2 minor reappearances (i.e. Pesmerga), then there's no difference from adding another new name to the Tablet. It's development like Georg's that matters.
As for the heroes from past games, I think they will probably come back eventually towards the end of the series, if the series ever gets a chance to finish up. Otherwise Tir, Riou, Jowy, and Nanami should probably keep wandering.
Tir being ageless as long as he hangs onto the rune aside, I look forward to seeing older versions of the S2 trio definitely. Between destroying a nation and faking a death, I'm sure they'd have plenty to share in the future.
Role

Post by Role »

Cecile! One of my favorite characters of Suikoden 3! Maybe Thomas, too, but as he has the 'main character' star, he'd probably not be a star of destiny in that game... It'd be really nice to see how those two have grown! ^-^
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Cecile! One of my favorite characters of Suikoden 3! Maybe Thomas, too, but as he has the 'main character' star, he'd probably not be a star of destiny in that game... It'd be really nice to see how those two have grown! ^-^
No offense to Thomas fans, but I really don't see how else he could grow or develop as a character.

The only way Thomas could return is if there is another Tactics game.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Kud

Post by Kud »

I'd love to see an older Thomas. For some reason he ended up being one of my favorite characters in the series. Maybe he could be one of the "pretty boys" :lol:
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

I'm not a fan of all the "such and such as a kid". I want the story to proceed forward. They did 3 games in the past...time to move to the future.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Assuming that they are going to continue down the time line starting right after Suikoden III. I'm hoping to see a variety of characters from I, II, III, and V. Not too much from "I" because any of the good characters that were in that made it into II. But for the future Suikoden game I'd like to see of course Belcoot, Georg Prime, Geddoe, Sierra, Tai Ho and Yam Koo, Pesmerga, Richard, and maybe some returning Tacticians like Shu or Lucretia or Caeser. I'd actually like to see one of those tacticians aiding an enemy army and maybe switch over toward the end or something. For instance, Lucretia goes back to Harmonia and is forced to work the army, maybe even make her a Bishop.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
*Liu*

Post by *Liu* »

Chaco, Melvile, Alanis, Elliot, Toma, Hugo and geddoe"s group. I wish they return in the next suikoden.

Chaco is funny, one of the best characters in II. I like to see the Saint Loa Knights grow up and Toma too. Hugo is my favourite suikoden char. And geddoe group is funny too, love Queen and Ace.
Sorry for my bad english people....
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Geddoe's whole crew is hilarious. They did a great job giving all of them different personalities. Especialy with Ace and Joker they're constantly going at it.

Magic Fanatic

Post by Magic Fanatic »

We all know Viki and Jeane are most probably in the next one, but here's me hoping they don't drop them.

But I'd really like to see:
Eresh, George, Richard, Eugene, Fred, Killey, & Yuber....
"Guess I missed another meal" -Viki

"You know nothing, yet you are in the middle of everything" -Zerase
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Its most likley Viki and Jeane will be in the next installment I just hope they go further in detail about Jeane's connection to the Sindar. I mentioned before how I want to see Georg and Belcoot again because they are amazing warriors and they have alot of depth to them. I would like to see Flik and Viktor one more time, if their not too old, I'm sure they still have alot of fight in them still.

Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

I agree with Liu, I like the wingers and I hope they bring Chaco and/or Sid and/or the one from S3 (can't think of his name) back. The one in S3 was rad. The problem with them in S2 was that they looked stupid. They had the potential to be some of the most powerful physical fighters in the game (3 open rune slots) but their attacking animation was long and unimaginative and their character design (especially Chaco's) left a lot to be desired. But the one in S3 was really cool so I think they could bring some really cool wingers to S6.

I'd also love to see Bazba back and kicking butt with more than just one rune slot taken up by a cyclone rune.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
newsuikofan

Post by newsuikofan »

I really feel like they should throw their concepts of time out the window and also merge Tierkreis with the main Suikoden world.

Of course I want to see new characters in the next Suikoden, but I also want to get a party of characters from completely different games together.

Having some characters from the 1st through 5th games while also having some from Rhapsodia and Tierkreis, while also having a strong cast of original Suikoden 6 characters that make up the bulk of your forces.

Then again Suikoden just needs a cross over game, I think that is what most of us want and I think it would work really well without really negating from the other Suikoden games

Mostly I want Seneca and Corselia back though.