Character returns.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Runemaster

Re: Character returns.

Post by Runemaster »

I like the idea of the appearance/ involvement of multiple S5 chars in S6 but I'm not if they'd include many of them as SoD's (asight from Viki and Jeane), especially if they don't even have a 'special' role in the plot.. I mean, it'd look like they just sorta 'recycled' stars and lacked ideas of creating another.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Chocho

Post by Chocho »

Runemaster wrote:I like the idea of the appearance/ involvement of multiple S5 chars in S6 but I'm not if they'd include many of them as SoD's (asight from Viki and Jeane), especially if they don't even have a 'special' role in the plot.. I mean, it'd look like they just sorta 'recycled' stars and lacked ideas of creating another.
Is that so?
too bad, *SOB* gotta missed them
oh well, as long as the S6 characters are great and grows on me, it's fine with me :D
"Karma DOES Exist"
lechaflan

Post by lechaflan »

so many good choices so i can't really think of a short list. :x

names that come to mind are:
clive and elza
barbarossa and his generals
hikusaak
young viki being the main teleporter
joshua in his earlier years
sierra when she was chosen by the blue moon rune
neclord before he became a vampire (definitely would be interesting to have him as a star)
the flame champion, geddoe, and wyatt in the first fire bringer war
the mysteries behind the rivalries of mazus/crowley and pesmerga/yuber
ted only a short time after he obtained soul eater to have a more distraught and confused young personality rather than S4's "i need to stay away from people" personality
leknaat as a star and i guess windy (aiming for the time they were chosen to be gate rune bearers)
probably an obvious one but jeane in her true form

that's about all i can think of at the moment. yea i know i focused on important figures but that's all that came to mind.
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

Sasarai
Tir
Riou/Jowy/Nanami
Edge and Viktor
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

If an installment that inends to explain the mystery about Hikusaak is made

Sasarai could recur

^_^

*crossing fingers*
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Sasarai with his Bishop hat. He looked cute and interesting in SII with his hat on. And my interest suddenly died off when he was 'hatless' at SIII.

I hope he becomes an SoD at a next suikogame!!!!.............with the hat on...
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Sasarai with his Bishop hat. He looked cute and interesting in SII with his hat on. And my interest suddenly died off when he was 'hatless' at SIII.

I hope he becomes an SoD at a next suikogame!!!!.............with the hat on...
I think he was hiding a rune in that hat of his haha!
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

A rune? where? on his forehead?

Maybe he wasn't comfortable with it on or whatever. hmm...
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

A rune? where? on his forehead?
No in the hat silly
Maybe he wasn't comfortable with it on or whatever. hmm...
It may be a nice hat but it did look awfully uncomfy to wear, plus it was really big.
-Chaco
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Ahh.. You mean a rune orb? hahaha. Yeah, maybe a True Rune orb was inside that giant hat!
abs

Post by abs »

Tomo? anyone................
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Ahh.. You mean a rune orb? hahaha. Yeah, maybe a True Rune orb was inside that giant hat!
Yes and now I guess hes hiding it elsewhere.
Tomo? anyone................
Tomo has a big hat to, I bet he is hiding a bird in there.
-Chaco
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

oh well now it's official

every time i picture Sasarai hiding a rune 'orb' inside his hat

he's lost his cool atmosphere for me

<_<

i mean it's a bit stupid to be hiding an orb or anything inside such a huge hat

<_<

especially a bird under Tomo's bao-bao

<_<

seriously what'll ya guys think of next?? Tsai's bao-bao?

instead of thinking these guys are cool, i kept giggling when i start to picture wat you guys are talking about
jbd86es

Post by jbd86es »

First of all, I would like the next game to take place after Suikoden 3. Prequels are nice, but if Suikoden VI is the last title, then I want a story in the future that conclude some stories.

There are a lot of characters that I love that I would prefer not to come back. Luc, Sarah, Ted, and many others who have died; I think the dead should be left to rest, especially the three aforementioned characters (they were quite content at the time of their deaths). I liked Thomas and Cecile, but I would not want them to return. This is because I want the next games to focus on new lands and places, not on the Orange/Lake Castle; and I believe that Thomas and Cecile will stay there forever (excluding leaving the castle to visit nearby villages). I would rather see Louis, Rody, Melville, Alanis, and Elliot mature into a traveling band of fighters (with Louis & Elliot as fighters, not support); maybe they could become the newest members of the Maximillian Knights.

Characters with a lot of mystery around them should definitely return. What is the point of building so much mystery and then providing no solution? Imagine reading a novel, hundreds of pages long and the author chooses to write "This was pointless. Never mind. Sorry for wasting your time." rather than the final chapter. So, Yuber and Pesmerga should return; perhaps Windy and Barbarosa should return as well. They would not have to be playable or even have a major role, but if their statuses were declared as M.I.A., then why wouldn't they return? Death is a much simpler conclusion to their stories.

It seems the return of Viktor & Flik is a large debate, and I side with those that want them to return. I had played Suikoden 3 before acquiring 1 & 2, so I heard many people discussing these games and mentioning how great this duo was; when I played it, I was amazed at how great of characters were to be. In my opinion, they are essential to the Suikoden series. I think not having them in Suikoden 3 was a clever teaser that made you wonder why they were gone. And if they're fighting in the Higheast Rebellion against Harmonia, then they might return in a game focused on Harmonia.

I would like to see more with Riou, Nanami, and Jowy; however, just as cameos because they hate war and fighting. I think Tir should return as a warrior; he should follow in the path of his father and become an esteemed warrior-general. After Suikoden 1, I think the only reason Tir stops fighting is because he is still young for the responsibility of government and fighting; it would be cool to see him return and I believe it would be a sensible choice.

Jeane and Viki are practically givens; I want to know more about them though.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Warning: Hiding such said things in your hair ornaments or head dresses stunts your growth and attracts unwanted attention from total strangers.

Next thing you know it, they're the new terrorists of the suikoden world.........like, dude.....Kahn Marley could be hiding c4 in that hat of his....
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D