HBO or an epic movie for Suikoden 1 and 2?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
PsychoTech

Re: HBO or an epic movie for Suikoden 1 and 2?

Post by PsychoTech »

it would be better to be made as an anime or tv movie series
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Yeah I wouldn't want a Suikoden live action movie...but they should just make it off the main characters like Riou, Flik, Victor ect.. but stuff like you could see some of the characters in the villages when they visit them...
Oh and they could possibly make a movie about Necklord's role and how everyone helped to stop him...
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
TheBluesMan

Post by TheBluesMan »

I would like to see a suikoden movie but I don't think it should be based on any of the games. I think it should be its own story and just set in the suikoden universe. It could some event that we've heard about in one of the games but don't really know much about, like the war of succession, higheast rebellion, the first flame champion war, etc. something that didn't involve the 108 starts of destiny so we wouldn't have a ton of characters, just a few important ones.

I think the war of succession would make the best one. They could include the part where Tir gets kidnapped and Gremio goes and saves him. And the only characters they would have to include are Barbarossa, the six generals, Tir, Gremio, Pahn(In the part where Teo Mcdohl defeats him and he joins Teo), Leon and Mathiu Silverberg, and Geil Rugner. 13 characters are much easier to handle than 108.

It could also have Kreutz serving under Geil Rugner but I don't think he is as necessary as the others.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Yeah, an anime or TV series would be more likely since Suikoden's are too long for a movie! Like you're gonna collect 108 stars in a movie!!!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Resident Evil had 4 installments and oh so countless side releases

still they managed to procure a 3-part movie for it (3 for now)

mind you, it's not gameplay that we'll see in the movie/anime/series

it's the story
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Then again, the Resident Evil movies seemed to screw with the series' canon to a point where I'm not sure if Capcom even considers them part of the real storyline (likely not, since some events directly contradict the games).

An anime movie series/anime series would be the best bet for any non-game Suikoden storytelling. If a studio matches or surpasses development quality that was put into the Suikoden III intro movie in terms of animation and gets good voice actors for the series, it could actually work.

As stated before, a non-game storyline would be preferable. Either that, or perhaps redo the Suikogaiden volumes into two movies. While movies would go against the core nature of the games, the premise of these same games is the most standard anime storytelling style (one charismatic hero, multiple supporting characters/partial journey companions).
Formerly known as: Gothann
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Don't you think the story of Georg would be interesting for a movie? All the places he has been and things he has done, they already have his voice...its seems to fit him other than the fact I thought he seemed really silent in S2...only problem is that they may have to include Riou...maybe it can be of what he was doing away from the time with Riou...or it can just be plain 'The untold stories of Georg Prime' or something like that, or it could be pure S5 based, they have all the voices and It'd be cool I guess, but no live action please, anime would be awesome and bout the only thing that would suit it...oh I can already picture them going to the arena for the first time, Gerog is picking up an apple out of a basket in the shop part of it...anyone else see anything or think that'd it be okay?
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

now i think that if a release (in whatever media) would be made

i think it would be better if those characters who already took a bit of the spotlight in the series would step down and do all the supporting this time

oh and mind you it is the movie makers' prerogative to remain loyal to the story or only take some parts from it and blend it into something great (like what Resident Evil Movie did)