Viki in S6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Mikain Clan King

Viki in S6

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Since Viki can basically teleport through time, within her own life span (as far as we know), do you think she will be in 6..I'm sure she will but if she they'll come up with another person to teleport us. But what I wanted to get at is her mis-ports. If somehow you can get data to 6 (trying to come up with ideas in 'Suikoden 6 data when they get it' forum) wouldn't it be cool if you could get something specifically from a previous game? Post your ideas here..

Personally I'd want the Beast rune from Suikoden 2...ooh or an alternate weapon for the hero...like tonfas.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Mushra

Re: Viki in S6

Post by Mushra »

Let's say if i could understand what you sayed...You want SVI to load files not only from V, but the other Suikodens as well? If that is the case, i think this would be very possible, we just need to load each Suikoden data one by one...About the alternate weapon, that would be extremelly difficult to make, IF you want hero's weapon to have the same impact as it did in SV (Prince ownz with his bojutsu) But if you just want some crappy apearence with no further meaning at all, like in SII, then this would be possible...About Viki, she will certainlly be at SVI, this just can't be helped.
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Mikain Clan King

Well if they did somehow make it what would you want?
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

I guess...Nothing? XD I hate repetitions ^^ Care only to see new things, new plots, new characters and sort...But there are indeed somethings that would atract me from other Suikodens, like SV Field Battle System, One on One Battle (That one with a modification on how to read enemys movement and counter with the right opinion, like a "Stance System", i explained it better at SV reviews topics) and Fishing game...Oh and the normal battle system from SIII

RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

She'd definitely be in it. It's tradition. Plus she did teleport as far as the Islands Liberation War, so she should be in it.

Umm. . .as far as your other question: Indecisive.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Viki will be Viki

she will be a teleporter and nothing else

there's not much to work on with Viki unless the next game showcases extra features for Viki

(ie. teleporting through time, backtracking, etc)

here's what to expect

Viki + (Hopefully) cooler avatar + True Blinking Rune (wha, i can dream cant i?)
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

Does it even exists? And if it does exist...It's a very dumb true rune x) Kidding...Maybe a true blinking rune make it possible to mass teleport a whole army right inside a enemy castle! That would make battles much easier i think

Mikain Clan King

As awesome as teleporting our armies would be we couldn't ever do it, it'd take away most of the game...but a new feature like Re-encountering bosses would be nice....and arena type thing where Viki summons a monster from the past to fight with you in an arena and you can get bonus items.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

What confuses me is why no army has ever used the obvious strategic advantages of viki in large scale battles. Viki, as evidenced by S4, has the ability to teleport several fullsized ships over untold miles, with impressive accuracy (s2 aside of course). The real question is why she has never been utilized as a weapon to teleport soldiers behind opposing armies, or even teleporting parts of the opposing armies from the battle feild? The answer is it would make the game far to easy, but its very logical anyway.

As for whether she'll be in S6, the answer is an obvious yes, and no doubt Jeane will be there as well.

Anything i want to come back? I would love to be able to use McDohl again. Probably some closure on the characters that did not return in S3, like Viktor and Flik. I would absolutely HATE to see a return of the fighting system from S3, i thought it was horrible. Otherwise, i look forward to a completely new game!
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

It'll be too easy, I guess.

Either that or the fact that her teleporting skills is unreliable at times.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Mikain Clan King

Yeah, I didn't like the S3 fighting system either...and yeah I think Mcdohl, Flik and Victor would be awesome.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

double post sumimasen
Last edited by Mio on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

What confuses me is why no army has ever used the obvious strategic advantages of viki in large scale battles. Viki, as evidenced by S4, has the ability to teleport several fullsized ships over untold miles, with impressive accuracy (s2 aside of course). The real question is why she has never been utilized as a weapon to teleport soldiers behind opposing armies, or even teleporting parts of the opposing armies from the battle feild? The answer is it would make the game far to easy, but its very logical anyway.
very obvious and logical indeed to place the fate of the army on a strategy that can easily fail and teleport the entire platoon on a canyon or cliff...

risk that? or devise a better and efficient tactic that does not have the same danger?

oh something to add...

the Blinking rune only have 3 spells

thats why its not redundant to think that there's a True version of the rune

perhaps that rune contains the 4th lvl spell

or not...
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I'm inclined to believe there is a true blinking rune as well. But I'm relatively sure it will encompass something other than just teleporting. True rune of time perhaps? It seems to me that all True Runes, aside from the elementals, encompass 2 seperate concepts. Such as the Rune Of Beginning was both the sword and sheild, the Rune of Life and Death, The Punishment Rune (punishment and atonement) and so on and so forth. Most likely if they create a True Rune of Blinking it will encompass another concept vital to the suikoden world. I like to think teleportation and time go hand in hand, especially as Viki travels through time as well.

However, to create a true blinking rune and not give it to viki seems rather contradictory to me. If there was some other famous time traveler/teleporter, i would think they would have mentioned him/her by now, especially given Viki's constant reappearance in each game.

Then again, maybe not.

I had a theory way back when, i seem to remember it being shot down, that the Blinking Mirror was in fact the True Blinking Rune, and it just chose to use its power in the way shown, and appear as a mirror, ala Zodiac Sword/Night Rune. I dont see anything wrong with this theory, theres just not much out there to back it up, I'll have to think on it some more...
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

Well i was just kidding when i sayed about teleporting the whole army...This would be extremelly risky, just think about it...Some soldiers would come to the other side of teleportation with misplaced or without some limbs XD This kind of uncommon and unstable sorcery can't be trusted...
And the True Time rune is a great ideia, but i guess even so the True BLinking Rune still need to exist, since space and time are similar, but still diferente things, maybe if they together created the True Rune of Travel...Wait, isn't that Sindar? Is Viki a Sindar?! Oh crap i guess i'm digging too much :X But maybe...Just maybe...This teleportation and time traveling stuff may come from the True Rune of Travel from sindarin...hmm...