Simdate Minigame

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Neclord X

Simdate Minigame

Post by Neclord X »

Well, i thougt this minigame could work in this series since suikoden II :roll:

What do you think about a simdate minigame on Suikoden VI?

Something like, make "love points", going with one of the girls in the party, dialogues choices, presents, etc.

Similar to Persona 3 or Thousand Arms.

And in the end select your "loved girl" and see a cute scene in sim date ending format.

Imagine the narcissit for "bad endings" XDDDD

This would be simply GREAT (at least for me)

I miss a lot this possibility in Suikoden V, god, damn it! :(
Tanrim

Re: Simdate Minigame

Post by Tanrim »

No, no, no. While it might be amusing, it could be, it wouldn't really fit Suikoden. Suikoden has always been rather casual when it comes to those kind of relationships, this would be a total 180. Plus, it would take away a lot of actual content from the game. To add something even remotly like Thousand Arms something would be lost. Most likely quite a lot.

You said you would have liked it in Suikoden V but what is everything you would have lost if they did this? Even with Suikoden VI on next gen there are still limits. I would rather have more actual star content rather then some dating sim thing. Another thing if it was really done why discriminate limit it to some girls? Let everyone be fair game if you're really going to do it. It could be far more amusing that way.

Seriously though, I really don't think it's such a good idea for a main game in the series. While I liked Thousand Arms it was what it was and Suikoden is the same. I'd rather have more of what makes Suikoden great, like story.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Thats not totaly a bad idea if you think about it. But yes there must be limits. Yeah i would have gotten a kick out of it in V if the prince really took a peek when sialeeds told him to hahahahaha. They definitly would have to open up the imagination for everyone if they did that, not limiting to just the heterosexual. even though i already have my own ideas about those guys Vincent and Simone, comon now. But also, this wouldnt be that great unless they made it about a small as a factor as Chinchinorin, which we see that game is gone (i miss it haha).
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Neclord X wrote:What do you think about a simdate minigame on Suikoden VI?
I think you minunderstand me, i say "minigame", i'm not talking about change the main system, or guive it a great relevance in the story, only a minigame, like "cooking" for example etc.

In the normal rpg from alwyas, do some actions to obtain "points", and when i was talking about ending i refer a "miniending" for the minigame.

Persona & Thousand, was only some references.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

i always thought this would have been a nice little added feature to any suikoden game. however, programming for dating any one character several times would be pretty immense, so i don't really see how it can be this small thing, compared to the rest of the game. the reason it worked on thousand arms and persona was because they had a limited amount of characters and now some of you want the whole 108 to be fair game (dating some creepy old man makes me laugh out loud!). i think it could work, but it would have to be limited.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

No, no, no. While it might be amusing, it could be, it wouldn't really fit Suikoden. Suikoden has always been rather casual when it comes to those kind of relationships
I 100% agree, although i would find a game like that funny lol.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
lunamoon5358

Post by lunamoon5358 »

I think it's an awesome idea, but i think he should stick to a set number of GIRLS.....no old ppl or dudes....thats gross. but anyway, this is my choice for previous game matches just for fun.

Tir - Kasumi (of course)
Riou - Rina (duh lol)
-Wouldn't work with the whole 3 star system crap they dished us in 3
Lazlo - the tacticians assistant (dont remember her name)
prince - lyon
suikoden rules!! lol
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

lunamoon5358 wrote:I think it's an awesome idea, but i think he should stick to a set number of GIRLS.....no old ppl or dudes....thats gross. but anyway, this is my choice for previous game matches just for fun.
Booooo! Hissss!

There are some gay and old people in the world who want to play video games too you know. If you didn't want to arrange for them to go out with anyone you should have that option but they should also have the option, regardless of how "gross" you seem to think it is.

There's already liking points in Suikoden V, but it doesn't quite get to that level. As I've said before, I don't think there's time for a relationship in the middle of war.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

does this suggestion comes with alternate endings for each candidate in the simdate

or its just like any other minigame that do not have any bearing to the entire story?

where you pick an SoD, try to win his/her heart

and get a happily ever after speech if you're successful

like that?
BlackKnightYuber

Post by BlackKnightYuber »

I wouldn't mind something like this. Suikoden III had the plays with people being horribly miscast in certain roles for comic relief. This strikes me as a different spin on that idea.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I wouldn't want one in a Suikoden. If I wanted a date sim, I'd buy a game that is about sim dating. If I want a very deep and detailed RPG, I would buy a Suikoden game.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

This wouldn't do since people are clearly to whiney and morally here "Buhu no gay people or old peopel? They need some too"

If you where considering abotu such things you would not call them "gay" but homosexual anyway

Non the less, would be a crazy minigame.

Whats Thousand Arms?
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

Ugh, No. I think that cheapens any romance there is in a game. Romantic relationships have never been the primary focus in these games. Plus wouldn't you think that the character would be a little too busy concerning the state of affairs in these games to be worrying about how to impress girls.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Siel Avadon wrote: If you where considering abotu such things you would not call them "gay" but homosexual anyway
Just an FYI that gay is not a negative term. In fact, homosexual is generally seen as too clinical and therefore gay is preferred.

I agree that it just isn't the type of game to do such a minigame. It takes a lot of extra work and focus to have a good romance subline with a silent protagonist and such a large cast. Games such as Mass Effect spring to mind, where you get lots of dialogue choices and these can create romantic situations.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Okay, sure Oppenheimer

And like Kagiya says, I dont think they would care much to...date? Dating Is a bit....ehh to modern. I don't like the idea of "created" love.

Suikoden V, I could not imagine The prince dating...when It's clear that him and Lyon grown fond of each others. That sort of "real" love Is what Is Suikoden and not some "fake" dating :P
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.