Previous data to 6 (when they get it)

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Mikain Clan King

Previous data to 6 (when they get it)

Post by Mikain Clan King »

This topic is for suggestions on what they should do to carry over data to number six and what they should include in the carry over...

Hopefully they will ask if you want to take a quiz on events that happen from previous games (if its on a different system), the number you get right will come to a score which will determine what you unlock....
Ex.
Different endings, extra cutscenes, references to previous game characters....
I know people that didn't play the games would probably come here for answers but it wouldn't be rewarding at all really...

Say that they have a seemingly normal character that would be new to the series...say this person would be like a recruitable character....well I'm sure it would be way more rewarding to recruit a grown up Pilika than a seemingly normal new character...and the people that didn't experience the events with Pilika don't know what the special things would be. Remember Taki....the grandma figure...well a story telling elder Cleo would be nice...and if someone looked up the history of all the stuff that happened they still haven't experienced it so they'd be like,"Hmmm, I guess thats cool that she was in the first one...." compared to the excitment that you sometimes get when something like this happens and you understand this character and what he/she has been through.

Well anyone have any ideas of how they could carry it over and what they should carry over...come to think of it they should just ask you if you to check off the ones that you played since it wouldn't mean anything to another person...

Just came up with some more ideas:
I would really like to unlock Kyaro town for 'loading' data...dang :( just lost the other one. But even though the majority of people playing the game had Nanami die on they're file...even though that happened I'd still reccomend not having her grave there.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Chaco

Re: Previous data to 6 (when they get it)

Post by Chaco »

Hopefully they will ask if you want to take a quiz on events that happen from previous games (if its on a different system), the number you get right will come to a score which will determine what you unlock....
What I like about this idea is that sometimes people end up losing save game data from previous games but have played them, and if they had to unlock things depending on Savedata they could get screwed over. This happens to me all the time, my brother saved over my end game Suikoden 2 file and I ended up having to play suikoden 3 the first time without it, although I did get it back eventually.
Well anyone have any ideas of how they could carry it over and what they should carry over
IF there are any characters that were in Suikoden 5 and you carry data from 5 to 6 then they should be a big stronger, like better weapons or armor IF you leveled them in the previous. That is a given.

Perhapes loading data from any of the five games? Not sure how this would work but....

Being able to load Suikoden 5 data from any point in the game, once you hit a certain point of the game, like after the final war battle you can save anywhere.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

How would this happen, if the next game is supposed to come out for Nintendo Wii?
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

How would this happen, if the next game is supposed to come out for Nintendo Wii?
Are you joking??
-Chaco
neoshadow

Post by neoshadow »

don't you think the best way to avoid the data transfer from ps1 ps2 card ---> to ps3 would be to ask at the beginning of the game if its the first time we play a suikoden game. if we say no then the game will ask like 20-40 questions about suikoden 1-5. and the more questions scored right would boost characters and stuff. like a mini trivia or something to show that you actually played the game.

the only bad point would be that people who didnt play 1-5 would go over gamefaqs to see answer to the question to have boosted characters without having play suiko 1-5 ( shame on them if they do that )
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Chaco wrote:
Are you joking??
I frakkin' hope it isn't on the Wii!

My brother has a wii, I don't. . .but. . . Nintendo Wii??? Come on, that makes no sense.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I frakkin' hope it isn't on the Wii!

My brother has a wii, I don't. . .but. . . Nintendo Wii??? Come on, that makes no sense.
Exactly, why would Playstation share Suikoden with Wii?
-Chaco
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

One, Playstation doesn't own Suikoden. Konami does.

Two, if it does come out on the Wii, it wouldn't be the first time that a Suikoden is made for a non-Sony platform. Saturn, GBA and even the PC had been graced with this series.

Third, there is no confirmation either way. It may be on the Wii; it may not. I just throw that in to remind ourselves not to assume that Suikoden VI will definitely end up on a Sony console; it may not.
Iku

Post by Iku »

most people seem to think that just because a gme is on the wii itll be really interactive, which is to some a negetive, but the interactivity is a function of the wii and games made for the wii dont neccessarily have to use this function, in the same way a game may not use all of the console's graffical (is that even a word) powers. konami dont really owe anything to sony, so they dont have to keep their game on their console and with the cost/time of developing games for the ps3 being rather high, its safe to assume that the ps3 may not have suikoden 6 on it. But i personally think that this huge wait may actually be down to the fact it is for the ps3, though im not bothered either way , as i have access to both consoles, as long as its not an xbox game...............
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Mikain Clan King

neoshadow wrote:don't you think the best way to avoid the data transfer from ps1 ps2 card ---> to ps3 would be to ask at the beginning of the game if its the first time we play a suikoden game. if we say no then the game will ask like 20-40 questions about suikoden 1-5. and the more questions scored right would boost characters and stuff. like a mini trivia or something to show that you actually played the game.

the only bad point would be that people who didnt play 1-5 would go over gamefaqs to see answer to the question to have boosted characters without having play suiko 1-5 ( shame on them if they do that )
Excatly what I meant...but more of a story ending or something rather than bonuses toward a characters abilities..and if it is more story based then the person that looked it up won't know about the story or characters of previous games like we do and what they've been through, so it won't effect them at all.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I've played the other games actually. However, they were not the main stream games. Suikoden Card stories and Suikogaiden, were like Tactics to Suikoden 4, just adding a little extra, but the 5 games all of us here have played were for PSX and PS2.

If it comes out for Wii then there obviously cannot be a data transfer, which is why I think it would be a bad idea to go over to the Wii. I liked being able to get special characters as reward for playing the previous games, like getting Tir Mcdoul as a bonus character for Transfering Data from Suikoden 1 or special items like the Play Scripts in 3. So those who haven't played Suikoden 5 won't get the special character or item and changed dialog. If they go onto Gamefaqs they should expect to see spoilers in the forums anyway.

The new fire emblem for the wii is a good example actually, there was no data transfer and the game was full of spoilers for the previous game for the Gamecube. Basically I think that if someone is going to buy a game that is called Suikoden SIX then they should know it's a sequal to the original 5 and therefore no Data Transfer should be needed for additional dialog. They should have spoilers from the original 5 if they want.
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

In like 98' when I was like 7, or just about 8, my dad bought Suikoden 2...he played some games back then... I loved playing that game soooo much (still do today) that after he stopped playing it I carried it around whenever I went to someones house with a PS1, Then like 4-6 years ago I asked him if I could have it and he said, "I don't care", I was so happy and by then I had Suikoden 3 (which my dad played), and I freaked when I saw it on the back of Contra at my uncles house, saying coming soon or something. I think it was after 4 (dad beat that too...but hasn't played 5 yet) that I asked my friend if he ever heard of Suikoden, and he said he thinks that he has one at his house, it was number one and I got it off him for $5!(checked ebay a whole bunch of times before I knew he had it, prices were like $120-$200)

Kinda, just maybe, a little off topic but just saying I started with two and I was pretty sure there was a number one, when I beat it and started Suikoden 2 over and I liked playing it even more...But if one did happen to come out for the Wii, I REALLY REALLY hope its like number 2, graphics and all, if 3-D look a little more like a smooth Suikoden 3, without all the edged characters. Might be strange, and might be because of the morning, but what if it was first person? But I'm absolutely almost sure its not coming for the Wii.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

patapi wrote:One, Playstation doesn't own Suikoden. Konami does.

Two, if it does come out on the Wii, it wouldn't be the first time that a Suikoden is made for a non-Sony platform. Saturn, GBA and even the PC had been graced with this series.

Third, there is no confirmation either way. It may be on the Wii; it may not. I just throw that in to remind ourselves not to assume that Suikoden VI will definitely end up on a Sony console; it may not.
*sigh* Either way, I'll still get it. . .

. . .maybe.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Let's not forget (or fool ourselves) about the fact that even the most successful of JRPGs are winding up on handhelds. The ones that don't are focusing heavily on graphics. As of yet, there have been FAR more *new* JRPGs released on handhelds than consoles in the same span of time (count just under two years since system release for any console compared to handhelds).

Dragon Quest 9 will be on the DS and everyone knows (and complained) about it. There's absolutely no reason why Suikoden 6 wouldn't have a chance of ending up on the PSP or DS as well.

That goes to show how volatile and vastly different this generation in gaming truly is compared to previous ones.
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

There is no reason why they must add this data transfer feature in the next game. They have already abandoned it twice in the two most recent numbered installments so far. Tactics excluded, of course.

The possibility of Suikoden VI ending up on a handheld is interesting though, giving some hope to the return of a sprite-based game? But the I+II bundle on PSP didn't do too well, so that might be a gamble for them as well.

We'll see how DQ9 fares on DS, I guess.