Cooking minigame

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Silver Dragon Flik

Cooking minigame

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

I'd sure love to have the cooking minigame back, it was one of the few minigames I enjoyed playing in RPG's.
G Zero

Re: Cooking minigame

Post by G Zero »

I really enjoyed the cooking mini game as well. IF Suikoden VI comes out and IF it came out on Wii, imagine how interactive they would ba able to make it. Stirring, chopping, and slicing. If it has a mini game like that in it.
"A cute young girl on the outside, and an ancient old crone on the inside!!! This vampire likes to eat her veggies. It's Sierra!!!"

"You, you shall pay dearly for that....."
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Dude.

That was awesome. I just didn't know about it during my first playthrough until almost the end :<

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

The cooking mini-game was hilarious, especially considering there's a massive war going on, and the head of one of the armies is spending time playing Iron Chef. Plus, ruthless cutthroat pastry cooks? Awesome, pure awesome.

I've long since been waiting for the return of the cooking challenge. Who knows, maybe the same annoucer will even pop up again. Maybe he has the True Rune of Game Show Hosting?

lol
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Silver Dragon Flik

Crowetron wrote:The cooking mini-game was hilarious, especially considering there's a massive war going on, and the head of one of the armies is spending time playing Iron Chef. Plus, ruthless cutthroat pastry cooks? Awesome, pure awesome.

I've long since been waiting for the return of the cooking challenge. Who knows, maybe the same annoucer will even pop up again. Maybe he has the True Rune of Game Show Hosting?

lol
Well I estimate that such a contest would take about an hour, sure even the leader has some free time. As Viktor and Flik spend their free time drinking, Riou assisted in making food. Having a good food will increase the performance, morale of your soldiers in war. I really liked the storyline of the contest.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if the game is developed for the Wii and they feel compelled make a mini-game as in-depth as say, Cooking Mama, i feel that the game's focus will move towards being another party game with a lot of mini-games.... not good.
Silver Dragon Flik

KFCrispy wrote:if the game is developed for the Wii and they feel compelled make a mini-game as in-depth as say, Cooking Mama, i feel that the game's focus will move towards being another party game with a lot of mini-games.... not good.
I just want small mini-games, like most Suikodens had.
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

LOL True Rune of Gameshow Hosting hahahah!

I LOVE the cooking minigame, I re-played Suikoden II over and over and the cooking minigame is one of the reason. Riou looks especially hillarious when he cooks.

And did anyone used Recipe #40 gameshark code? It enables you to use Kaiseki Dinner recipe in early stages that you would win so easily. Plus you can see the food icons of the other Kaiseki Dinner recipe which you usually can't because Kaiseki Dinner is the last recipe you get (CMIIW).
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.