A Suikoden Fighting Game?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Sunspray

A Suikoden Fighting Game?

Post by Sunspray »

Not sure if someone suggested this already, but I think it could work. Not necessarily now, but maybe after Suikoden VI?

I also think it would be good to ditch the "Suikoden" title and simply go with "Stars of Destiny". That way fans of the series would recognize it and it could easily attract new fans.

The game itself would be on PS3 and there could be 108 playable characters, which of course would be groundbreaking. As far as story goes, it would probably be better if it had little story or maybe none at all. The game would strictly be about recruiting and customizing your characters by fighting in familiar towns and dungeons throughout the Suikoden world. I'm not sure how Runes would factor in, but I'm sure it would be interesting if someone did it right.

I have some more idea's, but I'm getting kinda sleepy. I'll post some more tomorrow...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: A Suikoden Fighting Game?

Post by KFCrispy »

other than fanboyism, i don't see a reason your game idea has to come out for the PS3 :P
Sunspray

Post by Sunspray »

-series has been primarily Sony-based so far

-Blu-Ray discs have the most room which would work best if you wanted to have 108 different playable characters AND a wide variety of places to fight, plus the other crap I mentioned.

-Suikoden deserves to have top-notch graphics for once

What system do you suggest it comes out on? I say either all 3 systems (which would probably never happen) or just the PS3.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I'd go for the PS3 because i dont like Xbox's controls, nor do i want to purchase a Wii, but if you buy the correct PS3 you get great back game capabilities, making it possible to play all the Suikodens in succession.

I would think this wouldnt be that bad an idea. Maybe starting you off with the known Heroes and the most common recurring characters. The Runes would be used for like super combos (Street Fighter alpha anyone?) and awesome finishers (mortal combat).

Maybe retelling the story of S1 in very limited terms, and allowing customization with your fighters by allowing the purchase of Runes to attach to them to change up their combos.

To much could go into this game to make it unique, it would be awesome!

Sounds fun to me, im not much for fighting games, and I'd purchase it.

To bad it would NEVER happen :(
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

awesome finishers (mortal combat)
a little hardcore for Suikoden, don't ya think? *Ronnie Bell rips opponent's arms off!* FATALITY.
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

KFCrispy wrote:
awesome finishers (mortal combat)
a little hardcore for Suikoden, don't ya think? *Ronnie Bell rips opponent's arms off!* FATALITY.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, i know i'd deffinately buy it.....along with a ps3......god, my addictions are getting to be too expensive.......
"Master, Violence is Wrong." - - Dongo (SV)
JanusThePaladin

Dont all our addictions cost to much? *snort*

Anyway, i wouldnt expect them to allow recruiting ALL 108 as in all the games, not all of the 108 are playable. I see it more likely to be, if they remade the first like i said, just the playables with cameos by other characters. Maybe they'd let Viki and Jeane be playable!

God my hopes are so high now, i'm gonna be so dissapointed with number 6 :(

Somebody write Konami a letter!

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that petition that went around to get Konami to rerelease the Suikogaidens? I remember it was passed around like 2 years ago, when i was an active member....
neoshadow

Post by neoshadow »

konami should hire us to give them some directions on what we want for the next suikoden ;)

and about the game

would wou want 3d characters or 2d but really nicely done characters?
JanusThePaladin

i would see it similar to the most recent versions of Street fighter. Amazingly detailed backgrounds and 2.5D characters.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

2D for sure, I'd love to fight in Kyaro as Tir or another of my favorite characters...they'd have to make 2D versions of every recruitable character in the series though...wouldn't be to hard because they...never mind it would take a very very long time to animate the game...with all the moves, abilities, skills and possibly rune specials it'd take forever. It'd be worth it though, I never really did like those type of games but I would definatly pick this one up.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

That would be something to see! Awesomeness as large as It can be! :)
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Might not be too bad, but if it was ever created I think the chances of it ever reaching the US may be slim.

And whats next? A Suikoden dating sim or a cooking game?
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

EternalOnslaught wrote:Might not be too bad, but if it was ever created I think the chances of it ever reaching the US may be slim.

And whats next? A Suikoden dating sim or a cooking game?
Indeed! Mitsuba dates Axel! EXPERIENCE 999! LVL UP! Whut! :lol:
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

You're just being crazy now. >_>

Maybe if the fighting game had a system similiar to Soul Caliber, like upgrading weapons as you advance in the story and unlocking characters at the same time.

But do I truly believe this will ever be made? Nah...
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Yes, Im sorry.

But well yeah, Soul Calibur had a bit of travelling aswell in the later games?

But as you say! Prolly never will made :/