Suikoden VI on the Timeline

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Avalionis

Re: Suikoden VI on the Timeline

Post by Avalionis »

I'd like to see it at least take place after Suikoden I...maybe even after Suikoden III...I mean there's still that rumor about the Gate Rune being recombined.

I'd like to see Flik and Viktor make one final return at least...maybe even see Thomas come back as a warrior of some sort...or even Hix as a seasoned veteran. :D
Genoh

Post by Genoh »

I guess I'm alone in not wanting to see a Suikoden take place after III for a long time. I hated how it jumped so far into the future. I still have hopes that Georg Prime will be in the final Suikoden Game >_>

I'd like to see VI take place a year or 2 after Suikoden V. In the New Armes Kingdom myself. There's a lot to tell there. Either Armes vs The Theocracy or Armes infighting between the clans. I'd love to see some Suikoden V characters returning, as one of the things I love about Suikoden is the returning characters.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Genoh wrote:I guess I'm alone in not wanting to see a Suikoden take place after III for a long time. I hated how it jumped so far into the future. I still have hopes that Georg Prime will be in the final Suikoden Game >_>

I'd like to see VI take place a year or 2 after Suikoden V. In the New Armes Kingdom myself. There's a lot to tell there. Either Armes vs The Theocracy or Armes infighting between the clans. I'd love to see some Suikoden V characters returning, as one of the things I love about Suikoden is the returning characters.
I'd love to see Georg Prime return...but if he is to return, then Suikoden VI would take place sometime after Suikoden II. Cause after he left the Queendom of Falena, he traveled north to the City States of Jowston. And that was the last we ever saw (or heard of) Georg Prime.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Personally I would like to see it set around V's timeline.

We've had the original trilogy, why not have a trilogy of prequels before we move on?

Also, I feel we've heard too much, yet at the same time too little, on Kanakan, I feel it deserves it's own game.

Plenty of drunks and swordfighters should make for some quality duels.

I think setting it around V's timeline, or at least any time shortly before I, would allow for Anita and Valeria to make a return, perhaps each in training.

As I understand, graphically it's also near Toran and Kooluk/Island Nations. Again, allowing for recurring characters or descendents of previous characters.

Not to forget, we've also heard of (but not seen): The Nameless Lands, Gaien, Nagarea, Armes and Zelant, any of which I'm sure will make a good setting.

But hell, I'll be happy wherever and whenever they place it so long as it lives up to the Suikoden brand. I'm a whore for it *insert rolling eye smilie here*
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

I guess loving history.
I liked how Suikoden IV brought us hundreds of years in the past which connected to what the Island nation is today.

I dont mind where the timeline sends us because there is always a big story that reflects the future or the past.

There are many stories we know that we only read about but never really played.

I would not mind playing a time in the past.
Something that reflects what we read about.

Former emperors of the Scarlet Moon.
How Harmonian was first established & the ancient technologies.
Maybe we can learn more about the rune gate clan & how they lived,Windy & Leeknat.
Or just something totally new.
Other land & towns we have not seen.

Just so much to learn but unfortunately, I dont know how many games will be made.
Maybe side games like the new one coming out.
We still need to learn about Jeane,Viki.
The whole mystery around alot of other characters.
Just so much to learn.
Clive etc.
I wish Suikoden was more of a hit to fans.

I am happy either way because there are stories that catches our eye.No matter what era.
aronoth

Post by aronoth »

Actually Georg does not Vanish after he departs Felena. He Makes his Way north and eventually ends up in the City state Of Jowstown where he takes part in Suikoden 2. He ends up being one of the generals in suikoden 2. Also there is that scene, when your escaping from neclords zombies where if you choose to run, minus losing ummmmi believe his name was hussar, aside from losing him in battle you will meet Georg, then his name changed to George on the cliffs. during which time he proceeds to lecture you about running away
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Some of these statistics could be slightly off.

We saw/heard about 5 True Runes in Suikoden 1, 4 in Suikoden 2, 6 in Suikoden 3, 1 in Suikoden 4, and 1 in Suikoden 5. (If you're doing the math, I left out the Rune of Change, cause I don't know where it was first referenced, if it wasn't first referenced in a side game that I haven't played.) I'd like for them to get back on track concerning revealing the True Runes. We learned so much about the True Runes in the first three games. It feels like all we learned in the last two was that there's one that really sucks to bear (because it kills you) and one that pissed the Night rune off and now it'll make you go nuts.

Three more installments could do it for me. One that completes the prequel trilogy like someone suggested (I just hope it doesn't end up vastly inferior to the original trilogy a la Star Wars). Just give me 4 more True Runes.

Then number 7 could be the first of a two part ending where see the next 4 True Runes and the world begins to tumble towards its ending. The eight installment (the next best thing to 108 Suikodens right?) would show us the last True Rune and would be a final showdown where Chaos threatens to engulf the world. Then finally Order is established, and it isn't crappy and stagnant like Luc thought he saw.
Last edited by Iesous on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

[Can a mod please delete this post for me? Thanks]
Last edited by Iesous on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

There's an Edit button that you can use, so please make use of it instead of double posting.
Iesous wrote:We saw/heard about 5 True Runes in Suikoden 1, 4 in Suikoden 2, 6 in Suikoden 3, 1 in Suikoden 4, and 1 in Suikoden 5. (If you're doing the math, I left out the Rune of Change, cause I don't know where it was first referenced, if it wasn't first referenced in a side game that I haven't played.) I'd like for them to get back on track concerning revealing the True Runes.
I'd rather have quality over quantity. Suikoden II might have had 4, but the coverage for the Rune of Beginning paled in comparison with the rest. A rune that makes supposedly best of friends betray each other? Big deal. People don't need runes to betray each other. I wouldn't even want to talk how degrading it was to have a total of five true rune in the following game and not give them any actual development individually.

In contrast, the Rune of Punishment and the Sun Rune had far more screentime due to being the sole true rune featured in their games. They were given plenty of characterisation, so much more than the entire array of Suikoden III's true runes combined.

The last thing I need is coverage of new true runes that ends with a name and a symbol. We had members of the army bearing Moon and True Wind runes in Suikoden II, but neither was usable nor developed beyond the limited plot coverage (vs Neclord and Sasarai respectively). Change, Circle and Eightfold runes are pretty much inexistent. Especially Eightfold, despite having its bearer once usable as part of the 108 Stars of Destiny.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Sorry for the double post.

I guess I'm thinking of a more immenent end to the series. Especially with the speculation on dwindling sales. If there was only one True Rune per game for the rest of the series, there would be 9 more games. I'm not saying that would be a bad thing. I'd buy all 9 of them and enjoy each one. But if the game isn't going to last a whole lot longer, I want them to be able to get through the entire series and let us know what all the True Runes are.

There are two series of games that I follow: Suikoden and the Legacy of Kain. Do you realize how irritating it is to know that LoK: Defiance is probably the last game we'll ever see in that series? If there's never another game, and from all indications there won't be considering two significant deaths in the LoK team, the last line is a gigantic cliffhanger about the hope given to Kain 'to defy the tyrranous stars.' What kind of ending to an over-arching storyline is that?

What happens if Suiko 6 doesn't do that well? If Konami thinks the series is going to be dead in the water for 8 more installments, they'll just kill the series with no resolution. But if they see a definite end in sight, I think that we could feel more confident that that end would be revealed to us.

Now, if the next game only reveals one more rune and it's a smash hit, then I'll shut up and stand corrected. But I look around the world and don't see a whole lot of twelve-part series. James Bond, Final Fantasy and Land Before Time come to mind, and I don't want people to think of Suikoden in the same group as Land Before Time.
Baralai24

Post by Baralai24 »

I would like it to be based on the events after Suikoden III,
although i think between II and III would also be interesting .
Please Take Care And Try To Avoid Any Big Suprises .

I'm Always Afraid The One Day Those Heavy Eyebrows Of Yours,

Will Fall Right Off .
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

If it's between II & III, it will have to be in a totally different land & a totally different story.

From the rime line as what we read between those times, nothing really interesting went on except a couple border wars.

There might be a case with Wyatt & his story about hiding.
The fight with Chris at the Banquet.

Maybe the story might be around the time Wyatt or Geddoe came to the possession of the water & the thunder true runes.
Baralai24

Post by Baralai24 »

Yes possibly, i would like one game to be based on the Sindar,
so a game thats obviously set back in time. I think that would be interesting .
Or a game on the Western Continent after the events of Suikoden III that includes
Albert Silverberg : )
Please Take Care And Try To Avoid Any Big Suprises .

I'm Always Afraid The One Day Those Heavy Eyebrows Of Yours,

Will Fall Right Off .
Kaoticstrife

Post by Kaoticstrife »

I wouldn't mind a prequel and sequel, one that starts with a person with a true rune present at the time of the seperation of the gate runes, and lives throughout the ages (for the first part of the game) tracking down some criminal (or maybe a key part in the highland army and tracking down windy and Leknaat after the take off with the gate rune), and witnesses and explains the back stories throu out the game (like crowely and mazus' battle for one example) and stopping sometime after sIII with the gate runes coming together again (Where the character would find the 108 stars of destiny which usually happens in the next part of the game).

I reckon that would be cool.
Especially if the some of the stars were true rune users like tir and lazlo.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

If it's possible, i would like to see First Fire Bringer time line for suikoden 6,
you'll know what really happened in depth who's Flame Champion?where does he got the True Fire Rune?How? also for geddoe & Wyatt too.
Chaos will suit me just fine