Suikoden VI on the Timeline

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Avalionis

Re: Suikoden VI on the Timeline

Post by Avalionis »

If it takes place AFTER Suikoden I, we can more than likely expect the 2nd Gate Rune Wars to take place. (which would most likely include the return of Barbarossa and Windy.

Other wise, your guess is as good as mine.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Aculias wrote: The thing is that many people dont know about Suikoden.
The people I know never even heard of the game.
They need to comercialize it more.
If Konami can make more money on the games, then we may be looking at alot more sequals.
I wouldnt mind seeing some more sequals & Prequals.

There are way too many mysteries we need to see.
Including Konami's promise that we will know what jeane is all about.
That makes me think there will at least be one more game based on the past.

I think many people are into the newer consoles, especially children.
Perhaps if they remade the games into say PS3 etc & comercialize it, people may say "Hey that looks pretty cool"

Basically less sells equals less sequals & Prequals.
The problem with this is that if they start catering to the fads, it could ruin the series. I'm losing my love for final fantasy VERY quickly, as I found FFX FFx-2 FF11 and FF12 to be nowhere near what i liked about the final fantasy games. This is because they've started catering to these other people, trying to draw in new players, and practically ignoring their older more devoted following.

If this happened to Suikoden, I think i'd have to quit buying videogames forever, as my last stronghold against the forces of "things i dont like" will have crumbled...
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Janus, the Paladin. wait a minute, are you from Warcraft 3??? But anyways. Don't give up hope. Suikoden will not let you down! :D
Nick Bruiser
JanusThePaladin

Actually, Janus the Paladin is in reference to Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 4, but thats beyond the point.

I'm losing faith in my videogames, as most of my old favorites are trying to cater to others and are scorning MY money! Its annoying enough that most new games MUST be played with the analog sticks, but when Suikoden becomes an action game with RPG elements, I may cry.
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Janus I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. In my opinion a lot of games are getting worse, the old school games were so much better if you ignore the graphics. But companies DO want more new customers, for one old devoted customer they lose, they get five new customers back. Who cares if they didn't like it, Konami has your money.
JanusThePaladin

Pretty much. I agree whole heartedly with that Flik. Now i'm gonna go wallow in self pity :(
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Pretty much. I agree whole heartedly with that Flik. Now i'm gonna go wallow in self pity :(
There will still be good games nonetheless, we're just huge fans of old school games. I remember the time when I hardly could get the money for so many awesome games. But last year I barely bought 1 or 2 awesome games... But I guess I go off enjoying the nice old game :)
BlackKnightYuber

Post by BlackKnightYuber »

Between II & III would be my pick. That's a 15 year gap, and is set so that many popular characters would be able to return, if Konami so chooses. You'd also think that, in 15 years, there would be room for more than one good story in there.
Rirmaru

Post by Rirmaru »

It should just move on as a sequel and let us know whats the deal with Yuber, Jeane, and Pesmerga, If not the series really needs to move on and I think the series should go to the Western Continent because that place is empty and there is no information about it.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Hmm...

I predict it to be before Suikoden IV..

My,my how about Hikusaak and the establishment of Harmonia? He is a "hero", is he? maybe he'll become a REAL hero now. Though he's a wizard, breaking the tradition of heroes with balanced stats..
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Runemaster wrote:Hmm...

I predict it to be before Suikoden IV..

My,my how about Hikusaak and the establishment of Harmonia? He is a "hero", is he? maybe he'll become a REAL hero now. Though he's a wizard, breaking the tradition of heroes with balanced stats..
I wouldn't mind the next Suikoden being centered in Harmonia. Lord knows, that land has gone on long enough without proper exploration.

We've only really heard about the Western Contintent from Suikoden II and III I believe...so while it's a place I'd like to explore, Harmonia is STILL my top place to explore right now.
johnrolliemar0709

Post by johnrolliemar0709 »

well from me... i think it is the best if it take's from zelant... it is said that they hide a cursed beast rune there.. mybe it is the true beast rune.... but i would really loved if it take's from s2 i want to knw what happened to riou jowy and nanami... since the rune of beggining.... the rune of beggining is not completed yet am i right... and i want to see how powerfull the rune of beggining... remember how devastating the black shield rune.... mybe the rune of beggining is the most powerfull rune in all 27 true rune ehehheheheh
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

At first I wanted to see a Suikoden in the past, about Crowley and Mazul duel, but, after tiresome waiting, I simply want them to end the series. Why cover unimportant lands only to have the game canceled without a end?

A nameness lands x Harmonia war would be perfect. A hero like Atila (the hun) takes over Harmonia, bringing one thousand years of chaos to the world. Perfect ending!
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

About Jeane's revelation of her...uhh.. secrets, I predict it to happen in the last Suikoden game.... but nevertheless, back to topic.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I think that suikoden 6 will probabally take place sometime between after suikoden 5 and before suikoden 3, so somewhere in there i belive is where it may take place, and for some odd reason i also get this feeling that it could be at the same time suikoden 1 is going on.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤