your suikoden 6..tenkai wish

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Gen. Dirge

Re: your suikoden 6..tenkai wish

Post by Gen. Dirge »

suiko2fan2 wrote:one more thing on note: since suikoden game developers seem to have the tendency of featuring a country in secondary passing in one game, to have them become a setting of the next game. Example, in suiko1 they talked about the City-State of Jowstone, which became setting for S2. In suiko2 they talked about the grassland, Isl Nat, and sort of Faleana, which is the settings of the next few games, and in five they introduced two new nations New Armes and Nagarea Theocracy.

It certainly would not surprise me, either or both of those two nations could be the setting for Suiko6, maybe a war between the 2, or individual wars if they broke it up in a SUiko6 and Suiko7, but a war between the 2 seems more likely.

Also, and this just my own personal speculation, since Nagarea is a theocracy, it brings up an interesting question if would it be a religious war of sorts, obviously we dont have much info about either nation to really be certain about anything, but Suikoden has done civil wars, manifest destiny wars on nation vs nation, coup d’état of governments or liberation wars, and good old fashion genocides type conflicts. they have yet to explore the area or a religious conflicts, and given whats sadly going on in the world these days, it makes the topic a least relivent, but not the less, it would interesting for a theme in suiko6. thats just my thoughts.....
Yes, that's a very real probability!!!!!!!! Just hearing about Nagarea and New Armes going at eachother into war makes people very excited.........that's....that's.....awesome..... :D I hope it WILL be that probability in S6......
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I think that if they do a religious war then it should be in Harmonia,you could start the game as the son of a high bishop in Harmonia but you find its corrupted and high priest Hikusaak that everyone loves is evil ect ect. So you join this underground resistance against harmonia and along the way all your comrades get killed and the organization is completley destroyed. Leknaat appears to you and tells you a true rune is waiting for you and you are a Tenkai and must gather your army,then you become a loner in a huge quest in game to find your true rune,going to towns and looking for information on it..along the way you meet lots of characters that join you. some could be thugs that were moved by you,others could be rich characters that could get you a base and weapons ect ect and thus on your journey to find your true rune you aqquire the most essential important members of your 108 sod.

Then after you get your True Rune you can go and attack harmonian churches/cause real havoc and damage and thus Harmonia sends the Howling Voice Guild after you. So all through out the game you have scenes of random HVG gunners appearing as boss battles,along with harmonian soldiers and maybe some more Hikkusac clones with true runes of there own. Hero 6 decides he cant take on Harmonia alone even with a true rune so he goes to a far off land and gets a strategist,the strategist recomends something unprecidented in a suikoden game....go recruit True rune bearers because Harmonia is too strong to fight with just a singler True rune.

So hero 6 goes to recruit True rune bearers who are still alive and these include Lazlo,Geddoe and Tir mcdohl...meanwhile the strategist plans to turn Harmonia's citizens against harmonia by exposing the fake religion,he/she also spreads your forces all over firmly planting them into all kinds of official places so that they can take over

anyway to get off of my fan fic here and to not get off topic.....I wish for the tenkai to be either a 18- 25 year old man or woman who's not afraid to get there hands dirty to accomplish there goals which ultimatley is for the greater good,I want the Tenkai to have a cannon mate and I dont want the protaginist to be silent in cut scenes...sure give us the option of selecting dialougue for gameplay but put in alot of movie cutscenes that show the characters real personality or something like that. Also give the tenkai a tragic past that turned him/her from a super kind hearted inncoent child to a person who's not afraid to spill blood...hell we could have the love interest fix our Tenkai at the end of the game or the lovers tragic death could change him/her or something
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Good idea, I like the last paragraph.

And it's impossible to have a long-distance war with the Northern continent and the Southern continent, eh? Harmonia VS......whoever.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I want the Tenkai to have a cannon mate
I will be free to accept love under following circumstances
1) It's not a typical, man saves woman and she loves him deal (Mario>Peach, Link>Zelda)
2) The love is slow growing and developed in the story, not rushed and suddenly they both love each other
3) It doesn't wrok out in the end OR They don't get married.

This is all my opinion of course, but I just hate typical love stories of every kind.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The ideal situation to avoid the romance clichee is to have the protagonist already married at the beginning of the game. This would also of course allow them to do a Marriage unite. But I think that if they've been married for a while it could make some humourous commentary on that situation plus some plot points about rescuing that don't seem so clichee. There are only two games I've ever played where the protagonists were married to another character, Run Like Hell (well, she's his finacee) and FFIV.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm not interested in romance, especially for the main character(s). But, if there had to be one, why not have one person on one side of the conflict, and another on the other side? Seeing how they reconcile these two naturally conflicting beliefs might be interesting.

When it comes to the next Tenkai, I don't have many ideas. Perhaps the Tenkai slot could be left unfilled throughout most of the game, and near the end someone comes along to take that role. Naturally, the Stone Tablet of Promise won't show up until this moment. Most players, new and old alike, would naturally assume that the person you've been playing as is either the Tenkai, or at least a Star, but that person could end up being the villain. Since you'd playing as this person (the villain) throughout most of the game, you could see why he/she made the choices he/she made to end up becoming the bad guy.

Maybe these things have already been done before. I've been playing through the games again, and I've decided to start posting on a regular basis. I might be a little rusty.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I'm not interested in romance, especially for the main character(s). But, if there had to be one, why not have one person on one side of the conflict, and another on the other side? Seeing how they reconcile these two naturally conflicting beliefs might be interesting.
like Romeo and Juliet, that would be perfect for a Suikoden game.
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

What if he/she was widowed and vowed never to marry again? Wouldn't that take care of the romance stuff...or just make it so he/she tries not to break his vow but slowly gives in, that might add to the 'not so typical' love.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

As long as it's typical and doesnt involve a kidnapping and a having to save her I dont mind it.
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Has there actually been a good game with romance that they didn't to the whole kidnap/save deal? It may be hard to come up with something other than that because its been used for so long though, maybe they want to make/keep it a tradition, imo its out of date.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

As I said, they will just have to put there thinking caps on and come up with a better idea.

IMO I REALLy liked the Romeo and Juliet thing someone suggests, where one person is on one team and one person is on the other, but thye have a secrete love interest perhapes, or are torn between sides.
-Chaco
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Romance between secondary characters maybe... But onto the topic, I think a demi-human would be fine. It could also take place in a part Harmonia. And since demi-humans are treated like garbage in that country.... See where this is going? Since Harmonia is so big it doesn't have to cover the entire country, just a fraction and introduce new countries aswell, well what do you all think? (if this idea has already been posted anywhere, I apologize)
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

I like Oppenheimer's idea of the tenkai being already married. Suikoden never really goes into depths about the potential love interests of the tenkai, they are always in the background (by that I mean they don't show the tenkai's romantic feelings as much). I don't really want to see them come up to the foreground and end up like FF.
I wouldn't mind a female tenkai, providing she actually talks.
It would be nice to have more flawed tenkai though.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Romance between secondary characters maybe... But onto the topic, I think a demi-human would be fine. It could also take place in a part Harmonia. And since demi-humans are treated like garbage in that country.... See where this is going? Since Harmonia is so big it doesn't have to cover the entire country, just a fraction and introduce new countries aswell, well what do you all think? (if this idea has already been posted anywhere, I apologize)
A Demi-Human tenkai, now THAT is a great idea. The thought never even occured to me, but now that I think about it that would be cool. For some reaosn Kharg from Arc The Lad 4 comes to mind o_O'

I am a supporter of the next game being in Harmonia, and I hope it is. My question is will the next game take place before Suikoden 3 or after it?
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

I would love to see it take place in Harmonia before Suikoden 3 to see what was happening during Suikoden 2, and at the end if we get the good ending we could see Jillia and Pilika...maybe it could take place right after Suikoden 2 and right before Suikoden 3 so Jillia and Pilika could be recruitable.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg