suiko6 new game +

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
veriaqa

suiko6 new game +

Post by veriaqa »

they should make it more interesting.

suiko 4 and 5 new game + just like... blah :( .

i hoped in suiko5 new game + we can use sun rune (in arshtat or any char), costume option for frey, or any other secret content (can use gizel maybe).

i hope they'll make suiko6 new game + really worth it, as achievement gift for players who finish the game.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: suiko6 new game +

Post by patapi »

I'm not in favour of canon-breaking bonus, such as use of enemy-only or NPC-only runes. But, otherwise, changing costumes at will is a definite yes. In fact, I think there should be a recruitable star whose main job is changing your costumes, similar to how Window and Sound Settings work. At least, this guy would be far more useful than Chisato's Voice Sets ever were.

Other things that I'd like to see, without compromising the plot:

- Adjustable difficulty setting, like in the Tales series

- Perfect carryover of equipments or runes, etc, regardless of whether they were equipped on your characters or not by game end. This was the least they could have done to honour those who spent countless minutes hunting down Pirate King equips!

- Again, like the Tales series, there ought to be a choice of features that people can select/purchase to be unlocked in New Game+ based on their performance in the last game.

- Additional bonus dungeons/bosses, maybe.

- The very basic ability to change your main character's name...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

patapi wrote:I'm not in favour of canon-breaking bonus, such as use of enemy-only or NPC-only runes. But, otherwise, changing costumes at will is a definite yes. In fact, I think there should be a recruitable star whose main job is changing your costumes, similar to how Window and Sound Settings work. At least, this guy would be far more useful than Chisato's Voice Sets ever were.
i've always had an idea for a narcissist who can do your equipment. in many games, the warehouse can't withdraw to non-active characters, and even when you can, you can't tell what their stats are in the warehouse mode. someone with a large closet would be ideal for efficiently prepping your 60+ playable characters.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I like secret/extra dungeons, they usually don't play that much if any role at all for a games story, but the treasures and monsters you fight, as well as the challenge of the boss/bosses that you face are usually harder and require strategy.

It would also be nice to unlock additional secnes, or the outcome by picking different options. I know this is present in some Suikoden games, II and V as far as I know. But more of them would be nice, not exactly the entire premature endings either.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

I'm thinking maybe an additional scene at the beginning of the game, something along the lines of a prologue.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I've said this before but what I really think they need is having all characters selectable for your party from the getgo and only having them "join the 108 stars" for plot purposes.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Getting a chance to access story modes from the enemy's point of view would be a good way to flesh out the enemy. I'm all for making the next war ambiguously realistic by making you become attached to both sides of the conflict, not just the usual "Fight an unsurmountable evil/enemy/former ally".

That's basically the only way I can see anyone being able to play NPCs without actually breaking canon, all the while introducing more NPCs that don't show up in the main storyline.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Sm0k3

Post by Sm0k3 »

patapi wrote:I'm not in favour of canon-breaking bonus, such as use of enemy-only or NPC-only runes. But, otherwise, changing costumes at will is a definite yes. In fact, I think there should be a recruitable star whose main job is changing your costumes, similar to how Window and Sound Settings work. At least, this guy would be far more useful than Chisato's Voice Sets ever were.

Other things that I'd like to see, without compromising the plot:

- Adjustable difficulty setting, like in the Tales series

- Perfect carryover of equipments or runes, etc, regardless of whether they were equipped on your characters or not by game end. This was the least they could have done to honour those who spent countless minutes hunting down Pirate King equips!

- Again, like the Tales series, there ought to be a choice of features that people can select/purchase to be unlocked in New Game+ based on their performance in the last game.

- Additional bonus dungeons/bosses, maybe.

- The very basic ability to change your main character's name...
Great points there! i like the idea about having a character who's main job is to change your clothing.. Hopefully the next Suikoden could add this!
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

One game that brings to mind that you were able to control the enemy forces was the first Kessen by Koei, something like that might be interesting but I hope they don't go overboard and saturate it too much with pointless additions.

Though Konami could do what Atlus did with Persona 3. With the append CD that added like 30 more hours of story and gameplay. That would be awesome and actually reward fans of something other than a ending.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Ugh i really wish they'd make the modern day Kessen like the first one... i currently have Kessen III and i got to the point where i felt like smashing my head through the T.V screen... >.>

It was so boring and got tedious after awhile since mostly all the missions and battles were pretty much the same just on different terrain. So... i stopped playing it. Only thing i liked really was Nobunaga... he was pretty sweet. :o
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
chypa

Post by chypa »

it's better to have our last level in the start.
i always hope it come true... :)
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

Are they still making Suikoden 6?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Yes. Just pay attention to this thread:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =36&t=9000
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

I don't see why they WOULDNT make Suikoden 6 seeing as Suikoden 5 got such great sales and a big company like Konami will always make another instalment of a great series if they keep getting good ratings on their previous ones... its common sense if you think about.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

VinceValentine wrote:I don't see why they WOULDNT make Suikoden 6 seeing as Suikoden 5 got such great sales
I don't think that's actually true. It wasn't a blockbuster. Regardless, you're still posting off topic, this thread is about new game plus.