suiko6 new game +

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
VinceValentine

Re: suiko6 new game +

Post by VinceValentine »

I know that, its not as if i'm the only one who posted off topic though, the people above my post did also, i was just replying.

Anyways yes, this is off topic again but i don't think something has to be a blockbuster for it to have a good sales, as long as a lot of people buy it and gave good ratings for it then i don't see why they wouldnt make a Suikoden 6 because its really all just about money to big corporations like Konami. But i am surprised we havent heard anything about Suikoden 6 yet... which is kind of making me wonder.

Oh and if you look at IGN.com and the like then you'll see all the good ratings that Suikoden V got... actually come to think of it i don't think i saw anyone give it a rating less then 8 out of 10.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

VinceValentine wrote:I know that, its not as if i'm the only one who posted off topic though, the people above my post did also, i was just replying.

Anyways yes, this is off topic again but i don't think something has to be a blockbuster for it to have a good sales, as long as a lot of people buy it and gave good ratings for it then i don't see why they wouldnt make a Suikoden 6 because its really all just about money to big corporations like Konami. But i am surprised we havent heard anything about Suikoden 6 yet... which is kind of making me wonder.

Oh and if you look at IGN.com and the like then you'll see all the good ratings that Suikoden V got... actually come to think of it i don't think i saw anyone give it a rating less then 8 out of 10.
Ratings are not the same as sales. No matter what ratings Suikoden V got, its sales were bad compared to earlier installments.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

I know comparing sales with ratings is not an entirely logical thing to do but in all seriousness Suikoden IV got much worse sales and ratings then Suikoden V, yet they still made Suikoden V afterwards so they might try and make something just as good as Suikoden V but even better... which would be Suikoden VI ofcourse and it does seem like Konami is actually listening to thier players for once and they probably realized their mistake with Suikoden IV.

I really wouldnt see why they wouldnt make Suikoden VI to continue the series, theres still a lot of stuff that we don't know about the Suikoden world... like Harmonia, Hikusaak, and ect.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Strangely enough, Suikoden IV had better sales actually.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

It's true. That was the point of my post actually, though I didn't specifically mention Suikoden IV. Suikoden V is almost universally thought of as a much better game than IV, but IV apparently turned enough people away from the series that it didn't matter HOW good Suikoden V was - sales suffered.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Oh wow... thats very shocking to me. lol

I'd have expected Suikoden V to have much better sales then IV... but i didn't really know, i just assumed V had better sales because its a lot better then IV in just about everything... I guess it makes sense though considering that a lot of people probably "gave up" on the series when they saw the likes of Suikoden V and just decided not to buy it since they probably thought it was as crappy as IV, maybe even more so. I myself even thought the same at first until i saw some screenshots and reviews and i said to myself "Well this might be a promising game afterall!"

I do hope they make Suikoden VI though.
KvChaos

Post by KvChaos »

Just give me something that I cannot get in a new game.
I hope I can load all saved game from S1-S5 and exchange it for some really pawning items or costumes. That will somehow reward me for collecting all SOD from previous series.

And extended storyline would be great too, but no Trinity System again please. :?
BlackKnightYuber

Post by BlackKnightYuber »

I like the idea of being able to change costumes. That, and give us the option to skip all cut scenes. Having to go through all of that for a second time in Suikoden V was just too much.