Official Suikoden News (last news: September 17, 2011)

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Runemaster

Re: Official Suikoden VI News (last news: December 6, 2007)

Post by Runemaster »

So..If Suikoden 1 is coming to PS3, perhaps it gives us a clue that VI would be at PS3 as well.. A guess, of course.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

o_O You may be right. That would be horrible for the people that can't afford a PS3. >_> I have a Wii.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I always presumed it was going to be on the PS3, after all, how could you possibly load old saved data onto a Wii from ps1/2 memory cards? And it just seems odd to me to switch platforms when the players are used to the controls and the games on the same system

Just my 2 cents...
Author

Post by Author »

I wonder what kind of graphics it may have =/ I already think they've reached the 'limit'. I don't understand much though the difference between Ps2 and Ps3. I only think Ps3 usually can hold much more....graphics. I don't have Ps2 and Ps3. ONLY Ps1...sad.
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

Suikoden doesn't need the graphics level of PS3 really. I don't think they have the budget for high end graphics. Suikoden is a ps1 game to begin with so that may make it easier to port in, so that may be the reason for putting on the PS3 as well. I don't know why they aren't putting out Suikoden II too. The last time they had the two together for the PSP version. I wonder if they have something else in mind for it or merely it just was not mentioned.
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

Well it's not really like a re-release. They are just offering as a download to the PS3 or PSP. I doubt they will be doing much, if any changes to the game.

I would expect if sales did decent Suikoden 2 would follow soon. It looks to me like Konami is trying to generate more interest in the series again after such a long time without a game. It is a good sign that a game could be announced sometime shortly after the release of the download.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Author wrote:I wonder what kind of graphics it may have =/ I already think they've reached the 'limit'. I don't understand much though the difference between Ps2 and Ps3. I only think Ps3 usually can hold much more....graphics. I don't have Ps2 and Ps3. ONLY Ps1...sad.
Honestly, from the little i've seen, the graphic difference between the PS2 and PS3 is not all that big. Relatively simple shades and all that. Now the difference between the PS2 and the PSP is absolutely amazing. I played FF7 Crisis Core, and the graphics were downright spellbinding.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

But I'd appreciate if it's still at PS2!!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Honestly, from the little i've seen, the graphic difference between the PS2 and PS3 is not all that big. Relatively simple shades and all that. Now the difference between the PS2 and the PSP is absolutely amazing. I played FF7 Crisis Core, and the graphics were downright spellbinding.
That honestly makes no sense. The PSP is hands down worse than the PS2 and everyone should know this by now. The reason it looks great and possibly matches the PS2 is the screen size, but compare a PS2 game on an actual TV and a PSP using the video converter and you'll see the difference.

The PS3 hasn't reached anywhere near its full potential, but the lack of any official SDK for the platform seriously hurt any chances of the system having any marvelous looking games; not to mention the need for most devs to make games available for cross-platform ports.
If Konami wants to release the next Suikoden game exclusively on the PS3 and put some effort into its development, it would look fantastic. If not, it'll probably look like a slightly better shaded and textured PS2/Xbox game, like most PS3/Xbox 360 games out right now.

You need to see and compare all three to get a real impression of how each looks.

Edit: Forgot to re-add my comment on Suikoden's impending release...

For anyone who only has a PSP, take note that PS1 games can also be bought at the Playstation Store website. Since any PSN "Classic" Game release is simultaneous on the PS3 and PSS, just go there to buy the game once it's added.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Okay okay, enough opinions everyone. This thread is for announcements not for discussion. Start a new thread about the PS3 download if you want to discuss the pros and cons of it.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ok, i got a new rumour:

(it's from the German site gamefront.de, I try to translate it)

"Is Konami planning a new Genso Suikoden?

UNCONFIRMED!: Konami might work on a new title of the Suikoden-Series. The RPG appeared temporalily on a price list of a japanese merchant, but by now, the entry has been deleted again. If the pricelist has been correct, Konami might announce the new Suikoden title this week n Japan.

At the moment, there is no announcement of a Suikoden title on PSP."

Here the original(for those who can read German)

Plant Konami neues Genso Suikoden?

01.07.08 - UNBESTÄTIGT: Konami könnte vielleicht an einem neuen Genso Suikoden-Teil arbeiten. Das ging aus einer Preisliste eines japanischen Großhändlers hervor, in dem das Rollenspiel vorübergehend auftauchte.

Mittlerweile wurde der Eintrag gelöscht. Sollte die Preisliste korrekt gewesen sein, könnte das Spiel noch in dieser Woche in Japan angekündigt werden.

Konami hat bislang kein neues Genso Suikoden für PSP angekündigt.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Its another rumor. There's no news on this, for certain. It might be true. But the time looks right for an announcement, right before E3.
Ahmed Blight

Post by Ahmed Blight »

who said suikoden dont need ps3 !
i agree
after ps 3 release i said its the end suikoden !
i feel ps 3 dont suit suikoden but who will did it for ps2 now
the other hope is psp but

wii is the best move wii and suikoden i know we play suikoden at ps but wii will take care of it :)
i just wanna play suikoden 6 ! hope its after suikoden 3 time u_u yuber pesmerga when will u say the end ...
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Uhh.. if you don't mind, don't post it unless you have updated news. You bring up ppl's hope.
Nick Bruiser
xhus135

Post by xhus135 »

Hey i might have found some Suikoden VI news. I can not post a direct link to the website, but if some one can go to
http://news.google.com/news?q=suikoden& ... a=N&tab=wn

It is the first link that says "Konami working on new" If some one can get a link to the website or post what it says that would be cool.