Official Suikoden News (last news: September 17, 2011)

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Official Suikoden News (last news: September 17, 2011)

Post by KFCrispy »

DO NOT POST SPECULATION OR OPINIONS IN THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD IS FOR OFFICIAL INFORMATION ONLY.

September 17, 2011
Konami has just announced a new Suikoden game for PSP at today's Tokyo Game Show. Looks like the game will use the same themes from Tierkreis. Pesmerga at suikox posted some organized information: http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32728
Suikosource discussion thread: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 50#p132850

July 21, 2011

While conducting an interview on 4gamer for their new upcoming RPG Frontier Gate a couple Konami employees stated that they were designing Frontier Gate from scratch as they had previously disbanded their Suikoden team and had therefore lost all their RPG-creation know-how.

Needless to say this is grim news for the Suikoden community. But, it does not mean a new team cannot take over the Suikoden name later. Konami has done this before with other franchises, such as Silent Hill. There is also still the possibility of re-releases of existing content and side projects, such as the Pachislot machine

December 6, 2007
RPGFan interviewed Noritada Matsukawa, Konami's senior Director and currently the senior producer of the Suikoden series, and the below link is part 3 of the interview, containing some questions about the Suikoden series.
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1392.html
RPGFan was "told Konami is not working on a new Suikoden title right now". (Conflicting information?)
excerpt from the interview wrote:Q: Finally, a message to our readers, including fans of the Suikoden series, please.
A: Thanks always for the support. Also, I'm sorry for letting you wait. While I'm thinking about various interesting things, I would like to meet the expectations of the series' fans. Please be patient.
October 2006
While Konami did not discuss Suikoden VI at E3 this year, an October 2006 news bit from the-magicbox.com confirms it has been in production:
http://the-magicbox.com/game20061017.shtml wrote:- Konami's Suikoden producer Takahiro Saikymama mentioned that the development of Suikoden VI has already began, the game may have references to a previous Suikoden game.
http://www.g-wie-gorilla.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=166&Itemid=5 wrote:Question: Do you already work on the next Suikoden episode? Can you tell us in which part of the Suikoden-world it will be placed or if characters from Suikoden I-IV will return?

Sakiyama: It's too early to talk about this. But we're pushing ourselves to make a game that is more different and represents more than the players expect by now."
Translation of above interview provided by ViktorFan

That is all known information about Suikoden VI at this time.

edit: Added the interview snippet, also the title should have a time of the last news so people don't get excited upon seeing this topic - KoRnholio
son_michael

Re: Official Suikoden VI News (last news: October 2006)

Post by son_michael »

you say dont get excited.....is it because this info might not be true?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

son_michael wrote:you say dont get excited.....is it because this info might not be true?
It's because it's old.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

But we're pushing ourselves to make a game that is more different and represents more than the players expect by now.
I'm so glad. I like change, it's what got us Suikoden III, my favorite and a step forward in the series IMO (Don't eat me, I know there are Suikoden III haters out there).
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

haha i've been checking the forums regularly for anything and ill admit i was excited with "official suikoden VI news" before i read the date
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

When I read this the first time, it lacked the date. I'm glad I read the post before going ballistic! ^^;;

I just really hope they say something by the end of next month. If not that, then there's the TGS. If they still don't say anything, I'll cry.

Well, not really, but I'll do something nonetheless.
[evil laugh here]
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Here's hoping that the development did not cease, like what Square did for the Chrono Break stuff and related.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Regarding the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, which runs from August 23-26.

source - http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26792
Visitors to the Konami stand (Hall 4, Booth B11) will be the first people to get a hands-on play of the eagerly-awaited next generation football title, which is just one of dozens of big new titles from the publisher. With more details to follow, Konami has whet appetites with the announcement that key members of its development teams will be on hand to present new titles, including Koji ‘IGA’ Igarashi who will be showing Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles for PSP® (PlayStation®Portable). Similarly, William Oertel, who is overseeing Silent Hill Origins for PSP® will unveil the future of the series.
“We will witness one of the most exciting system changes ever at this year’s Games Convention,“ commented Martin Schneider, Sales and Marketing Director Germany for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “We can promise visitors and gamers in Leipzig that Konami will play a major role in this year´s gaming year – delivering new games and additions to popular franchises, while producing exciting games for new systems and established formats.”
Though Suikoden was not mentioned at all in the article, we should definately be keeping our eye on this.

Not adding this to the first post, because it's not news per se, just a heads-up.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

^ That is good to hear. We may just get an official announcement yet. Last time they announced Suiko 5 at about the same time. Just a bit before TGS I think. I don't want to get too excited but I like to be optimistic.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Raijin wrote:
But we're pushing ourselves to make a game that is more different and represents more than the players expect by now.
I'm so glad. I like change, it's what got us Suikoden III, my favorite and a step forward in the series IMO (Don't eat me, I know there are Suikoden III haters out there).
Unfortunately, despite getting alot of positive reviews when it came out, alot of people complained about Suiko III. Everybody *hated* Thomas and alot of people just didn't like the Trinity Sight system. Both of which I thought were great.

Nothing wrong with change.....in theory. How it's implemented is another matter. I'm not excited - but I do have my hopes up.

It is Suikoden, after all. :D

Sweet Merciful Jesus, don't let them move Suikoden to the DS.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

There is also support shown for the next Suikoden in an article by Vextor found here.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

The only unanswer question now, which system? Or systems, to be exact. Interesting article though, I am sure it will put a lot of fans worries to ease about the future of the Genso Suikoden series. I also heard that Konami has been keeping a tight lid on this. Something about imformation being leaked last time.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

please do not post any speculation in this thread. there are plenty of threads in this very forum for that.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Another heads up - according to Vextor, Konami is set to announce their full games list for the TGS on the 17th in Japan. And of course, right now it is the 17th in Japan. Maybe we'll hear something about a Suikoden game.

The list released by Famitsu did not include Konami, so we'll have to wait longer :(
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

KoRnholio wrote:Another heads up - according to Vextor, Konami is set to announce their full games list for the TGS on the 17th in Japan. And of course, right now it is the 17th in Japan. Maybe we'll hear something about a Suikoden game.

The list released by Famitsu did not include Konami, so we'll have to wait longer :(
do we have any idea of when konami might release there list info?