Which next-gen system?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
EternalOnslaught

Re: Which next-gen system?

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Well, if it was going to be release for the PS2, it probably would've been announce already, huh?

As for which console, it'll probably be between Wii and PS3. The Xbox 360 is more than likely out of the picture with it's popularity in Japan compared to Nintendo and Sony. We'll have to wait and see, even a handheld is a possibility, but I think it's a bit too late for it to be a PS2 game, pretty sure all the un-release PS2 games have already been announce and is nearing completion or being localize.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

I'm really hoping it's for PS3. I'll be getting a PS3 for my birthday, in a month(!), so it would be nice to have an announcement at the Leipzig show for Suiko 6 on PS3 as a late birthday present.
EternalOnslaught

Suikoden VI for Wii?

I am curious why some people think it will be release on the Wii? Do any of you have any official comment that hinted toward that? I thought I remember seeing one, but it was so long ago, I just need clarification on this mattle, thanks.

edit by KFCrispy: moving to the console thread
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Because it's trendy to hate Sony now. That's why.

Even though Suikoden has been a PS mainstay, people seem to suddenly want it to shift to a Nintendo system, even though it will make it an inferior game.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

how does that make it an inferior game? graphics arent everything you know...{and the wiis graphics arent the worst thing in the world either}

hell Nintendo is on a roll right now so why wouldn't konami want to make a great rpg for the Wii?
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden VI for Wii?

Post by Vextor »

EternalOnslaught wrote:I am curious why some people think it will be release on the Wii? Do any of you have any official comment that hinted toward that? I thought I remember seeing one, but it was so long ago, I just need clarification on this mattle, thanks.
Due to Konami's official release schedule saying there is an unnamed "RPG title" being planned for the Wii.

For the PS3, there is an unnamed "New RPG series title" being planned.

Both of these info come from a number of different Japanese game magazines, including Famitsu.
EternalOnslaught

Vextor wrote:
EternalOnslaught wrote:I am curious why some people think it will be release on the Wii? Do any of you have any official comment that hinted toward that? I thought I remember seeing one, but it was so long ago, I just need clarification on this mattle, thanks.
Due to Konami's official release schedule saying there is an unnamed "RPG title" being planned for the Wii.

For the PS3, there is an unnamed "New RPG series title" being planned.

Both of these info come from a number of different Japanese game magazines, including Famitsu.

I see, that would make some sense. But the unknown RPG for Wii could very well be another installment of the Ys series and maybe a castlevania if it fits into that catagory. It always reminds me of a platformer/action RPG. I know Suikoden isn't the only RPG Konami has, Ys being one. I can't remember the others. As for the new RPG series title for the PS3, only time will tell =)
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Im not gonna discount Yu-Gi-Oh! from the unnamed RPG list. I would'nt count it as an RPG but some may.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Look. Wii games are pretty much GC games.

That means they're also largely the same size. You can't fit as much info on a Wii disc as you can on a PS3 blu-ray disc.

Using the Wii would be limiting the game, because they'd have to change the game to suit the size of the Wii disc, rather than do what they want with a PS3 disc.

I'd rather have a full Suikoden game on PS3, thank you very much.

It's the simplest, most logical argument as to why the Suikoden series should stay on Playstation.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

They're not the same size at all:

Gamecube
Matsushita (2.000 MB/s–3.125 MB/s) CAV mini-DVD-like 8 cm optical disk. Average access time: 128 ms; Capacity: 1.5 GB.

Wii
12cm Disc Capacity: 4.7 Gig Single Layer/8.5 Gig Dual Layer

Blu-ray will hold more than both of these, but I disagree that Wii games are essentially gamecube games.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Using the Wii would be limiting the game, because they'd have to change the game to suit the size of the Wii disc
By using this non-existant logic the games released so far are limited and incomplete as the PS1 discs hold way less than a Wii disc and the PS2 discs the same amount.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Suikoden V proved you can fit a long RPG with good graphics - not cutting edge, but I haven't heard one person complain about Suikoden V's graphics - on a single DVD.

On the other hand, the Suikoden team is *much* more acquainted with PS2 development than Wii development. Using the Wii as well as they did the PS2 would probably be wishful thinking. Notice I'm saying the Suikoden team and not Konami - Konami may be developing a decent amount of games for Wii, but the Suikoden team/s definately haven't.

If you ask me, given that there's two teams working on Suikoden at once, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Suikoden title in development for PS3, and one in development for Wii - maybe VI for PS3 and some side-game (I would say Tactics II, but the first one didn't seem to go over well with fans, so who knows) used to experiment with Wii development.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Using the Wii would be limiting the game, because they'd have to change the game to suit the size of the Wii disc
By using this non-existant logic the games released so far are limited and incomplete as the PS1 discs hold way less than a Wii disc and the PS2 discs the same amount.
No - because that was the only medium they had to use at the time.

This time, they have a choice.

They would be foolish to put Suiko 6 on the Wii.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Except for that fact that for Suikoden III through V they chose to use the smaller single-layered discs instead of the dual-layer ones, thereby limiting the games especially since they didn't even use up the whole disc.

Seriously, stop talking out of your behind. This is the dumbest argument ever. Disc space is irrelevent here.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Seriously, stop talking out of your behind. This is the dumbest argument ever. Disc space is irrelevent here.
And take your head our of yours. The only people who say it doesn't matter are the people who want it on the Wii.