Which next-gen system?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
son_michael

Re: Which next-gen system?

Post by son_michael »

I think Suikoden will most likely stick with Sony but there is a chance Konami would try it on a different unique system and that would be the Wii, no way Microsoft would even care about Suikoden so 360 will never get it

as for which system you should get... the ps3 games that are really good arent going to be developed for another year and xbox 360 is probably going to overall be better since all there games are coming out this year

but since I love my Wii...I know quite a bit so let me hopefully show you that you should get a Wii...

:Games that I currently know that are coming out for the Wii

Knights{Sequel to legendary dreamcast Title..wii exclusive}

Super Smash bros Brawl{december of this year}

Super Mario Galaxy{november of this year}

Metroid Prime 3

Mario Kart Wii{Online!!!!}

Wii fit

Soul Calibur Legends{Soul calibur RPG/action platformer, Wii exclusive}

super Mario Strikers{Soccer..online}

Resident evil Umbrella chronicles{Wii exclusive,it will be available soon}

Dbz Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Guitar Hero 3{online}

now add to all those games the games that are currently out

Pokemon revolution{first ever online wii game]

Zelda Twilight princess

Wii sports

Sonic and the secret rings

Wario ware smooth moves

Super Paper mario

cooking Mama

Trauma center

and there's more but too many for me to remember

also Nintendo annnounced over 100 Wii titles are scheduled to come out by the end of this year! its going to be a great Holiday for the Wii AND the 360! but unfortunatley PS3 wont have all there great games until next year....although I think Mgs4 is this year...if so you might just want to pick up a ps3 for that 1 game....

hope ive helped you to understand that the Wii is poised to kick ass and you shouldn't ignore it...I mean Mario kart online! huge race with all human players! and battle mode1! possibly add new tracks in updates!! zomg!!!!

btw Nintendo also announced that alot of 3rd part titles will sue there online such as Madden ect ect
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Go with the PS3 I'd say. There are a lot of games coming for the PS3 this year: Heavenly Sword, Lair, Warhawk are exlusive to the PS3 and the many multi-platform games like GTA4, Assassin's Creed. Suikoden will most likely be coming to PS3 or multi-platform.

But one RPG I'm really looking forward to is White Knight Story coming 2008 exclusive for PS3.

If you want to check it out:

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/856/856638.html
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Suikoden will most likely be coming to PS3 or multi-platform.
Do you actually have a basis for this or are you just pulling it out of your behind?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
HobsonA

Post by HobsonA »

Well I do Agree Suikoden would most likely come to the PS3 platform and I don't know how true this is anymore since I don't usually do to much forum Searching, but it seemed back in the Suikoden 1,2 and maybe you can include 3. If you weren't into the Sony playstation you didn't really know about these games. So I almost want to assume that the greater % of the major Suikoden players will already own or going to own the playstation 3, Thus for most sales PS3 would be the best choice for the game. I have no researched that, could be totally false, That's just what my theory was going into this choice making process.

Also I'm not putting the Wii down though, I had alot of fun playing with that thing and I still do at times. I just never liked most mario or Zelda cames after the 2d platform days. Except maybe Mario Kart on the 64. I just felt the most fun I've had with the Wii is when it comes to multiplayer with like my friends than I have had alone. 90% of the time my friends and I meet at other their houses so I wouldn't get to play the Wii for what I enjoy the best with it.

I may very well get the Wii at a future date, Just at the moment it's between the PS3 and the 360, and I'm almost positive I'm going to be getting the PS3 now.

I gave that White Knight Story Video a view. It looked pretty good, I just always get concerned when you don't get to control the other allies at once. I get bad memories of like Secret of Mana with my team members dying if I look away for a second.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

HobsonA wrote:Well I do Agree Suikoden would most likely come to the PS3 platform and I don't know how true this is anymore since I don't usually do to much forum Searching, but it seemed back in the Suikoden 1,2 and maybe you can include 3. If you weren't into the Sony playstation you didn't really know about these games. So I almost want to assume that the greater % of the major Suikoden players will already own or going to own the playstation 3, Thus for most sales PS3 would be the best choice for the game. I have no researched that, could be totally false, That's just what my theory was going into this choice making process.

Also I'm not putting the Wii down though, I had alot of fun playing with that thing and I still do at times. I just never liked most mario or Zelda cames after the 2d platform days. Except maybe Mario Kart on the 64. I just felt the most fun I've had with the Wii is when it comes to multiplayer with like my friends than I have had alone. 90% of the time my friends and I meet at other their houses so I wouldn't get to play the Wii for what I enjoy the best with it.

I may very well get the Wii at a future date, Just at the moment it's between the PS3 and the 360, and I'm almost positive I'm going to be getting the PS3 now.

I gave that White Knight Story Video a view. It looked pretty good, I just always get concerned when you don't get to control the other allies at once. I get bad memories of like Secret of Mana with my team members dying if I look away for a second.
If your choice is between the 360 and PS3, and Suikoden is important to you, then yes: get a PS3. The fan consensus for the next Suikoden seems to be that it has a good chance of coming out for either the Wii or the PS3. 360-exclusive is almost out of the question (based on popularity in Japan, Suikoden's homebase), though many wouldn't be surprised if it came for 360 in addition to PS3.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Suikoden will most likely be coming to PS3 or multi-platform.
Do you actually have a basis for this or are you just pulling it out of your behind?
Actually I think I pulled it from your behind.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

HobsonA wrote:So I almost want to assume that the greater % of the major Suikoden players will already own or going to own the playstation 3, Thus for most sales PS3 would be the best choice for the game.
Most fans would buy the game regardless of whether they have the console or not. I'm quite sure Suikoden will stick to Sony, and I'm basing this on the [deleted] Konami School blog:
Junko Kawano, who was in charge of Suikoden IV, is asked the question what she would do with the series after PS3 is released, and she blurts out that she would like to add subtler effects such as movements of the wind to accentuate scenes. She then says, "anything more is top secret!"
[evil laugh here]
HobsonA

Post by HobsonA »

Oh well Just purchased a PS3
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Actually I think I pulled it from your behind.
I'll take that as a "I'm just making baseless assumptions to justify my own console even though there's little to no evidence that suggests it" then.
and I'm basing this on the [deleted] Konami School blog
Are you aware of just how old that quote is?
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
and I'm basing this on the [deleted] Konami School blog
Are you aware of just how old that quote is?
Yes, I do. It's still valid until Konami disproves it.
[evil laugh here]
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well, if you actually read it you'll see that she doesn't actually say anything about making it for the PS3, she says what she would like to do and she still isn't mentioning the PS3 specifically.

Furthermore that was said when everyone and their dog thought the PS3 was going to be a huge success, since then Konami have expressed dissatisfaction with the PS3 and it's sales and are hesistant to release anything "PS3 only".
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I know you said this isn't for preference and I dont mean to get all member mod on you but this really is covered in Next Gen-Whats your vote thread.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:I'll take that as a "I'm just making baseless assumptions to justify my own console even though there's little to no evidence that suggests it" then.
And I'll take that as "you don't know anything about me, I actually have both consoles but didn't feel like answering you because you were being a smartass".
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Let's stop being asshats to each other now!

Anyways, regardless of how things are changing with next-gen systems I still think it'll be a PS3 exclusive.

Man, I wish it was just for the PS2 still. I'm being serious. I could give two shits about crazy-good graphics. And I don't feel like dropping $ 5245082.95 for a PS3 and its other crappy games.
Purr.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Pollensalta wrote:Let's stop being asshats to each other now!

Anyways, regardless of how things are changing with next-gen systems I still think it'll be a PS3 exclusive.

Man, I wish it was just for the PS2 still. I'm being serious. I could give two shits about crazy-good graphics. And I don't feel like dropping $ 5245082.95 for a PS3 and its other crappy games.
So true. I wonder if Konami are like "We really should'nt have said number 5 was the last one for the PS2...."
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.