Which next-gen system?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Nemesis

Re: Which next-gen system?

Post by Nemesis »

everyone says that... they hope it be in those 2 because they have it.
Nick Bruiser
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

I would like to see it either on PS3 or Wii. The Xbox(360) most of the time just kills rpgs except morrowind. I mean Fable and Jade Empire could've been so much more but the creators were afraid a lengthy story would lose the Halo junkies. So, I say Xbox is out of the question. I like the idea of using the wii remote in duels. But, please change the rock-paper-scissors act of the war games. The PS3 would be awesome for graphics and development but, like others have said it costs alot to do that.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Alestes

Post by Alestes »

I would prefer to see Suikoden VI to PS3, but wouldn't really object if it was for the Wii instead.

Suikoden III was the main reason I bought a PS2. And I bought a DS earlier this week only for Tierkreis, heh. I can buy a Wii if needed too.
rickyleung90

Post by rickyleung90 »

PS3 or Xbox360. The graphic are good.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Yeah well look at what they did with SV, they went back to old school graphics, almost sprite-like. I like the simple graphics of 5. The only problem is they didn't do much with the runes (why the hell don't you attack many times with the falcon rune???). I think it should be on all the systems just to get as many people playing it as possible. At the very least it should be on PS3 and XBOX360
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Icegryphon wrote:Yeah well look at what they did with SV, they went back to old school graphics, almost sprite-like. I like the simple graphics of 5. The only problem is they didn't do much with the runes (why the hell don't you attack many times with the falcon rune???). I think it should be on all the systems just to get as many people playing it as possible. At the very least it should be on PS3 and XBOX360
Yes the old school graphics!!!! I probaly love it because I'm an 80's baby but who says simple is bad? The 2D view isn't really that bad or unappealing. You can pay attention to detail alot more when you don't have do a total 180 to see whats behind you. I like the 3D way too like how they did S3 but lets not cann the old style either. I totaly agree they should put Suikoden out on every system possible, even make it for the PC too. If they can't do that or if its not in the budget I'd say they have to atleast first and formost put it on PS3. People can say whatever they want about the PS3 but go ahead and move the series to another platform and watch fans' interest in the series start tumbling down hill. I've had every PS- system and anybody who has been playing the series since the beginning is acustom to it being on Sony, the controls are basicaly the same, save load functions, basicaly if it aint broke don't fix it. Moreover, yes at the least it has to be on PS3 and XBOX.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

The point, is you don't have to be over the top with details on a lot of stuff. The characters in SV were subtle and great. I loved it, their character design and graphics were absolutely fantastic. If you want really powerful graphics for something, do it for the spells and special attacks.

that was one thing rad about S2. The graphics were good but if you look at the spells they were in another league, they really stood out and I loved the contrast. One of my favorite games ever graphically.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus