Which next-gen system?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Seifer

Suikoden Next Gen-Wii/PS3/360, Whats your vote?

Post by Seifer »

I love suikoden and Ive been looking forward to the Wii, But I kinda got curious about the PS3 when I got a chance to play on one at a local computer exchange. So if suikoden hits next gen consoles what would you prefer?

For me its the Wii, mostly because its affordable but I also love infra-red controllers and stuff like.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

ill go ps3, rpgs dont need any fancy controls, unless htey turned it into some crappy action spinoff, which i would hate.

traditional controller, and the increase in graphics, plus the potential to be able to load previous suikoden saves are my reasons
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Though I would probably prefer the PS3, the Wii would be interesting though, if they utilized the motion sensor for part of it. For instance, during duels, you could use it, and the strength of your attack (whether it is desparate or not) would depend on how fast you swung. Plus minigames: fishing - ala Zelda, farming, etc. Even regular battles could be a lot better. Navigating menus would still be easy enough (A for select, B/trigger for cancel). There's probably a ton of interesting things you could do with it.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

PS3
Mika

Post by Mika »

Like others PS3.

Besides, i will be able to use my previous suikoden games on it, since they will be compatible.
In preparation ...
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I don’t care either way, but I can see a greater reason for Komani to go with the Wii. Suikoden has never been a big budget game nor do they spend a lot on marketing to get it exposure.

It would keep cost down to do it on the Wii and they would have the option of doing new things with controls as KoRnholio mentioned, or they could use the wavebird and keep the controls standard.

With things like metal gear 4, castlevania, winning 11 (a great game) DDR, and silent hill being bigger cash crops (and the first two games having huge development cost) I can’t see them thinking the PS3 would be a great idea for Suikoden.

Furthermore there is the large chance to expand the Suikoden fan base if they put the game on a non Sony console; the real Suikoden fans/nerds - like me - will play it on whatever system, but others who have never played Suikoden and don’t or possibly never will own a PS3 for whatever reason (price, fanboy loyalty, etc.) would be given a chance.

Just the splash it would make for the game to land on any console other than a Sony would create more hype about Suikoden than anything Konami has ever done marketing wise.

It’s not a perfect comparison but while Dragon Quest has always sold well, it’s never garnered more attention than, "DQIX exclusively for the Nintendo DS."
white_ninja

Post by white_ninja »

i would deffantley hope and think it goes to the ps3 ,

ps1 - ps2 - wii ??? no thats just rong , it would probley gain a few fans but i think the amount it would lose would be far bigger
modi

Post by modi »

Furthermore there is the large chance to expand the Suikoden fan base if they put the game on a non Sony console; the real Suikoden fans/nerds - like me - will play it on whatever system, but others who have never played Suikoden and don’t or possibly never will own a PS3 for whatever reason (price, fanboy loyalty, etc.) would be given a chance.

Just the splash it would make for the game to land on any console other than a Sony would create more hype about Suikoden than anything Konami has ever done marketing wise.

It’s not a perfect comparison but while Dragon Quest has always sold well, it’s never garnered more attention than, "DQIX exclusively for the Nintendo DS."
if konami wants to expand the fan base it can easily raise it's budget in suikoden and make it much more better than before which mostly possible in the PS3 , especially that PS3 will be far more popular when it's anticipated games will be released (Metal Gear 4, devil may cry 4 , assasin's creed , etc ) .
and keep in mind that not all fans will be ready to buy both wii and ps3 and since most of the popular games will be on ps3 , the choice will be obvious , making suikoden VI in the new console losing it's fans instead of gaining them
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

I think it's pretty much certain that if Suikoden VI is going to be made it will be on the PS3 initially, in my opinion, mainly because of the fact that the series has always been on a Playstation console. However, what we may find is that instead of being PS3 exclusive Suikoden VI may go multi-format, as are a lot of games now due to the high development costs of next-gen games (i.e. Grand Theft Auto 4 is going to be on PS3 and the 360). With that in mind it may end up on the Wii, but perhaps in a truncated form.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

modi wrote:

if konami wants to expand the fan base it can easily raise it's budget in suikoden and make it much more better than before which mostly possible in the PS3 , especially that PS3 will be far more popular when it's anticipated games will be released (Metal Gear 4, devil may cry 4 , assasin's creed , etc ) .
and keep in mind that not all fans will be ready to buy both wii and ps3 and since most of the popular games will be on ps3 , the choice will be obvious , making suikoden VI in the new console losing it's fans instead of gaining them

I’m sorry; I was going to let this go but...

More money spent on a project doesn’t mean it will be better - this is true for all things not just games.

“Most of the popular games will be on PS3,”? Is this fact or merely subjective conjecture? “The choice will be obvious?” There is some terribly flawed logic here, and I use logic lightly, but I’m not going into further detail.

Modi, I do think you’ve made a much more convincing argument than most others who just said, “PS3.”

Michael, I hadn’t thought about it going multi platform; it’s an interesting thought. Suikoden is an obscure game to most people and the first entry at number VI will be strange on any console other than the PS3.

Nonetheless, it’s an interesting thought. For the sake of bringing more people to the game, I hope they do it.
modi

Post by modi »

if you see that my logic was too flawed , then i apologize it's my mistake then for not checking the popular games in the Xbox and the wii consoles and i have no problem with you if you want to give details about my mistakes , it's better to know my mistakes than to stay ignorant.
anyway thanks for what you said waylander
Veritas

Post by Veritas »

i know its been said somewere on this forum before, but i'd hope and think that it will goto the ps3. because of the history of the game on the ps consoles. and if they have the blu-ray disk, they can create so many things for sidequests and just the basic story line, as well as make all the 108 have some major part in the story line, and not just be fill ins. while each character be way more different the the others. so you wont have 20 characters that are the same and usless.
War solves everything, No man, no problem
~ Joseph Stalin
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Waylander wrote: I don’t care either way, but I can see a greater reason for Komani to go with the Wii. Suikoden has never been a big budget game nor do they spend a lot on marketing to get it exposure.
In Japan they do. Your opinion is invalid as you can't even spell the name of the company that makes the game.
Waylander wrote: It’s not a perfect comparison but while Dragon Quest has always sold well, it’s never garnered more attention than, "DQIX exclusively for the Nintendo DS."
That's because it's the first time *any* major RPG franchise got its newest update on a handheld. It's news for that fact alone.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Suikoden is advertised, but not to a significant extent.

Misspelling doesn't invalidate anything.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Its a real shame, Suikoden although a great RPG will never have the eye catching factor like the Final Fantasy industry. Ultimately I think its gonna be the undying loyalty of hardcore fans like the people on this very forum.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.