Suikoden Zero idea

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Jake Johnson

Suikoden Zero idea

Post by Jake Johnson »

In Suikoden I, Ted himself mentions that he "happens to be 400 years old!"

Obviously his aging ceased because of his becoming a holder of one of the True Runes; in this case, the Soul Eater.

According to this site's information, Ted's Grandfather held the Soul Eater "first." ("First" means that is the farthest back I know for a carrier of the Soul Eater.)

Well, what happened during those years BEFORE Ted reached Gregminister?

The story should begin with the Village of the Hidden Rune being attacked by Windy, Yuber, and Neclord; this is where Ted's Grandfather bestowed the Soul Eater on Ted.

Just like in other Suikodens, Ted should be capable of recruiting allies, but there should not be a permanent headquarters (if Ted had a HQ, Windy would find him in about ten seconds.)
nephlabobo

Re: Suikoden Zero idea

Post by nephlabobo »

No. It shouldn't.

We've already seen Ted in one prequel.

Pointless continuity is pointless continuity.
Jake Johnson

Post by Jake Johnson »

Fair enough.

I forgot he appears in Suikoden IV, but I didn't realize it was a prequel.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I didn't realize it was a prequel.
Him having the Soul Eater, not to mention being alive, should have made you at least suspect that.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Twelve

Post by Twelve »

To that end, I'm not certain if the Suikoden series can have a true prequel, unless it's a "beginning of the world" game. The developers showed with Suikoden IV that they could create any event in the timeline and tell that story, and that it doesn't have to be the next "chronological step" in the history of the Suikoden world. Both Suikoden IV and Suikoden V took place prior to the events of I, II, and III.

I just prefer when characters (besides Vicki and Jeane) can connect one game's storyline with another's...
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

After Ted ran away from the Village of the Hidden Rune, he ended up in a small village called Muu, where he lived for 10 years and married a girl (no name is given). However, because he doesn't age while she does, Ted decided to leave. The Village is then destroyed by some unknown force with all villagers killed and having their right hand cut off. This is one of those rarely known info, due to it being written in the most obscure Suikoden publication--Suikoden comics released back in 1996.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

Vextor wrote:After Ted ran away from the Village of the Hidden Rune, he ended up in a small village called Muu, where he lived for 10 years and married a girl (no name is given). However, because he doesn't age while she does, Ted decided to leave. The Village is then destroyed by some unknown force with all villagers killed and having their right hand cut off. This is one of those rarely known info, due to it being written in the most obscure Suikoden publication--Suikoden comics released back in 1996.
Wow, I've never heard that before. Could you scan a picture of the obscure comic book and link it to here? 'Cause I would love to see it. I miss all the cool stuff, being American and all.
MaskedBishop

Post by MaskedBishop »

I second the request Eros, just because i'd love to see what the artwork looked like :)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Vextor wrote:After Ted ran away from the Village of the Hidden Rune, he ended up in a small village called Muu, where he lived for 10 years and married a girl (no name is given). However, because he doesn't age while she does, Ted decided to leave. The Village is then destroyed by some unknown force with all villagers killed and having their right hand cut off. This is one of those rarely known info, due to it being written in the most obscure Suikoden publication--Suikoden comics released back in 1996.
that's new info to me, but it sounds like Windy was on Ted's trail and suspected someone there was holding the Soul Eater on their right hand... so it would be pretty repetitive.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I can scan a page or so, especially because in the village of Muu, people actually own guns... how shocking. But this is probably more to do with how the artist likely had no idea that guns were not common in the Suikoden world.

Cross your fingers that my scanner actually works (I havn't used it for about a year).
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Okay, I scanned the stuff!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

Thanks alot! I do appreciate it.

But maybe the unknown force was in the employ of Windy. Hence the right hands being cut if case one of them had the Souleater.
Quing

Post by Quing »

What's the ISBN/ASIN of this? I'd like to try and get a copy.
blue_lightning

Post by blue_lightning »

wow i've seen the graphic novels of suikoden 3 (in english) but i didnt know there were suikoden 1 comics! were they a japan only release?
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Can I ask: Who drew the cover? (or the manga itself) The same one from Suikoden 1?