Which skill system do you want in Suikoden VI?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Raijin

Which skill system do you want in Suikoden VI?

Post by Raijin »

Which skill system is better Suiko III or V? I personally prefer III's skill system as it made each character unique in a way. But the only thing missing was the party's accumulative SP. Heh I remember Geddoe having over 15, 000 SP. :lol: It took a lot of time to train each character endividually and maxing their skill. :?
Benthos

Re: Which skill system do you want in Suikoden VI?

Post by Benthos »

Raijin wrote:Which skill system is better Suiko III or V? I personally prefer III's skill system as it made each character unique in a way. But the only thing missing was the party's accumulative SP. Heh I remember Geddoe having over 15, 000 SP. :lol: It took a lot of time to train each character endividually and maxing their skill. :?
I actually don't understand this system very much. It's a little confuse. What is the meaning of this system?
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

You mean Suikoden III's skill system? Then-

Each character has his own fixed skills and free skill slots that you can upgrade via SP gotten from random battles. With free slots you can add wichever skill you deem apropriate. There is also a cap to limit you from overpowering.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Raijin wrote:You mean Suikoden III's skill system? Then-

Each character has his own fixed skills and free skill slots that you can upgrade via SP gotten from random battles. With free slots you can add wichever skill you deem apropriate. There is also a cap to limit you from overpowering.
I was also referring to Suikoden V's skill

I don't have III yet, thanks anyway.

Hey, do you want some artworks for free?
Auragaea

Post by Auragaea »

SIII's. SV's was too simple, and didn't offer much in terms of individual customization. In three, although I could be using 2 mages with similar stats and similar runes equipped, depending on the Skills given to them, one would fare better than the other.
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

iii with vi's party sp pool. now it's perfect. :mrgreen:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

keep in mind many of III's skills could only be applied to their battle system with distance/movement...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Which is why they should consider bringing back the free-positioning battle system back alongside the Skills system.
Twelve

Post by Twelve »

Suikoden III's skill and battle system was marvelous... With Suikoden V's system, I felt that it was a real handicap when some characters had "special" abilities that you couldn't remove.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

I would say a good mix between Suikoden III and V would make it. But the unremovable sure are kinda weirdo but they MUST remain. It's Suikoden style hehe

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
Cuckooguy

Post by Cuckooguy »

They should bring Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia's skill system back. I think that was the most successful skill system Suikoden has ever had. And they brought it back in V, but with a party SP and individual SP. Personally, I think that, even though that made more sense than Suikoden Tactics', it's still, in the end, kinda pointless. Simplifying it to just one pool of SP is fine by me. I mean, yeah, you have the option of losing 10% of individual SP when you transfer it to party SP, but no one's going to miss that feature.
Twelve

Post by Twelve »

I really dislike the idea of "pooled SP." In Suikoden V, you could even give individual SP to the party SP (granted, it cost SP to transfer), which I also hated. That sort of system allows you to pump up the skills of characters who you have never played before... I feel that, like experience points, characters only deserve them if they fought in battle and earned them.
Mystical

Post by Mystical »

I can see the idea of using III's skill system along with V's SP pool coming in the next Suikoden title.
Adding more skills will make it even better as characters will be more unique.

I really dislike the idea of "pooled SP." In Suikoden V, you could even give individual SP to the party SP (granted, it cost SP to transfer), which I also hated. That sort of system allows you to pump up the skills of characters who you have never played before... I feel that, like experience points, characters only deserve them if they fought in battle and earned them.
I see your point. But even in Suikoden III, most characters came with enough skill points to buff their skills up. So you don't need to fight with them much either way.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

III's skill system was nice, it allowed a lot of customization and individualites.

I agree, whoever said that they should do the free-positioning battle system, that or maybe they should invest in somekind of real-time battle system. If the game appears on the PS3, it should give the creators a lot of options on what to do with it. They may even come up with a new skill system.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Cuckooguy wrote:They should bring Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia's skill system back. I think that was the most successful skill system Suikoden has ever had. And they brought it back in V, but with a party SP and individual SP. Personally, I think that, even though that made more sense than Suikoden Tactics', it's still, in the end, kinda pointless. Simplifying it to just one pool of SP is fine by me. I mean, yeah, you have the option of losing 10% of individual SP when you transfer it to party SP, but no one's going to miss that feature.
i think this is too generic for the normal Suikoden games... each character can get S in every skill as long as it's available for them... that's boring. Suikoden III did the best job because it made characters unique and dynamic. some characters shine in some aspects, others shine in others. Suikoden V's is too simple and the skills mostly just further boost the insanely high stats of the characters.. a very stat driven game like Suikoden I and IV... and simply boosting stats shouldn't be the main purpose of the Skills system.