Suikoden VI

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Koredju

Re: Suikoden VI

Post by Koredju »

the first suikoden was also on Sega saturn and on computer (windows only if i remember well)
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

Anyways, I am hoping for an official announcement of some sort this fall. Somewhere around TGS would be appropriate. :D
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I usually go around other forums, but it seems like the forums at Konami were hack or something like that. =/ Suikoden VI information is scarce and the stuff that is out there is pure speculation, except for the fact that it is already being developed for an unknown next-gen console.

Hell, I can a little bit more information for Star Ocean 4 than this game.... :?
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Night

Post by Night »

TrueEightfold wrote:
4. Game stores aren't in the habit of printing up posters for games that don't officially exist. They aren't even in the habit of printing up posters for games at all.

Just thought I'd add that the big game retail companies do print up osters for games. It's called marketing. I would imagine both EB and Gamestop do it, just as Game and Gamestation do it over here to advertise new releases. Games comapnies supply us with cardboard displays, that kind of pos, but never posters.
I believe that Raww Le Kleuez was stating the stores themseleves do not print up posters. You're right in that it is marketing, but marketing is done by the developers and producers of the game, not the merchants. EB and Gamestop do not print posters, they simply display them on store walls.
Really? How strange. I guess things are different over here then. The two retailers (Game and Gamestation, although both are owned by Game) never accept posters from the games companies. The companies print them all up themselves in order to advertise themselves prominently as well as the games. So for us (Game), all of the four posters we show in the window will have a purple background, the game logo and slogan, trade in offers etc.

But anyway, this has got to be the most boring tangent in the world ever, so I'll stop now :P
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Egan Family

Post by Egan Family »

Yea lots of speculation.....like the geddoe main char speculation

or the war against windy
Attempting to Get 108 SoD in:
Suikoden V
Suikoden II

Finished:
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden (Yep I gots all the original Discs for PS)
Ecil Deilf

Post by Ecil Deilf »

We all know that a game about Harmonia HAS to be made sometime. Not with just references back to it either. It could probably span for two or more installments too.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Ew Geddoe as the main character? I did think Geddoe was cool and all but i don't think hes main character worthy... more like an aquantance or a friend of a main character.

And i agree with the above ^
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

:| Uh...has Konami even announced Suiko 6 yet? If they have, and I missed it, I'm pissed. If they haven't...well, I'm still pissed, but for a different reason.

Unless I'm wrong, Suiko 5 did pretty well, but with critics and in sales, no? For a Suikoden game, at least (it's damn hard to compete with Final Fantasy, no matter how bad X-2 sucked). If so, I'd think they'd have at least announced 6 by now.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

I no wat ya mean i would love it if they just announced that there making it an what console its for but to be fair its gota be the PS3 its the best out of the 3 for that type of game, theres no point it bein for the Wii an the 360 is like a crap version of the ps3 and with the 50gb blu ray disks they could make it ace! but anyway they dont even have to say when its coming out i just want it to be announced.. :( they should do what they did with uncharted like have those vids ya can download about the making of the game and introducing the team making it that would be cool! :wink:
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

360 a crap version of a $600 BluRay player that may also include slight game playing abilities? It's hard to mess up a Suikoden game, but I have a feeling the PS3 could handle the job. And don't count the Wii out completely: the mini-games would be tough to pass up with a Wiimote in hand.

Still, as much as I hate the PS3, Suiko 6 may just be enough to win me over. Then again, I said the same thing about MGS4 a year ago, now only barely care about that, so, who knows?

The 360 really needs a few more RPG titles anyway, so I'm gonna hold out hope for a multiplatform release.

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Pixelate

Post by Pixelate »

If it was to be multi-platform, that would mean a LOT more delays. What with licensing, new contracts, and that doesn't include the programming alteration to allow for the multi-platforms, and other such things.

I think that a PS3 release would be a safe bet for GSVI, and i personally hope that it's an exclusive, too.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Of course you forget that multiplatform also means more money. Remember that the Devil May Cry series used to be a Sony exclusive, but Capcom changed that because the PS3 wasn't (and still isn't) selling particularly well, even moreso if you compare it to the PS2, which pretty much everyone has at least one of.

Plus, multiplatform means a greater chance to draw more people into the series. Suikoden is great, and it always bothered me that it hasn't been embraced by more RPG fans. Of course, lately I've begun to look at exclusive titles differently, and it seems like a PS3-only Suikoden would be like Konami saying "Yes, it's very, very good, but TOO good for you Nintendo and Microsoft fans. So there."

Generally, I'm against exclusives nowadays, particularly when all three major consoles are capable of playing the game. I understand that you can't play a DS game on something without a touch screen, but if you ignore slight graphical details, the 360 is capable of running a PS3 game, and vise-versa (with the proper coding and whatnot, of course).

But, with Konami's choice to exclusive the insanely popular MGS series to Sony, I'm preparing myself for a disappointment (I don't have a PS3, and have no intentions of buying one at any time).

Georg = Batman?
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

I do hope the rumours about Suikoden VI on the Wii is wrong...its a Sepoko for the Suikoden Series If they move It I say...Or how they spell it!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
shadowflay

Post by shadowflay »

Seppuku.

I'd play it on the Wii if I had to, but I don't own Wii or PS3 (thankfully I have little brothers).
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

shadowflay wrote:Seppuku.

I'd play it on the Wii if I had to, but I don't own Wii or PS3 (thankfully I have little brothers).
Nintendo never really interested me with It's style of gaming. I guess I buy a Wii If I find a good work just for this game and maybe some others but aside that I dont care for the Wii much :) PS3 costs to much too! Damn costage...:(

As long as Microsoft and Nintendo are bribing son's of b)"(¤)/( that make companies like Rare to exsclusive titles or Only Mario for Nintendo...why then should Sony even consider letting them steal one of their games?
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.