Suikoden VI

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden VI

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

all Genso suikodens have been exclusive to Sony{PSX, PS2}
Yeah... except for the Saturn version of Suikoden, GBA exclusive Card Stories, and the PC conversions.

Really exclusive series... :roll:
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

The main games in the series have been on Sony consoles.

I would like to play the Gaidens but since Konami will never release them in English, they don't really count for us, do they?

That said, did the PC versions come out in English?
Twelve

Post by Twelve »

Night wrote:Ah, Suikoden III was definitely PS2 only I'm afraid.
Then Konami must have taken a step back before releasing it on Xbox... I distinctly remember standing in the video game store and seeing a poster that announced Suikoden III for Xbox and PS2, and thinking to myself, "Konami, why would you release that game for Xbox?" Maybe they gave it up before it released and the poster lied; I admit I've never seem the actual game for Xbox.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Twelve wrote:I distinctly remember standing in the video game store and seeing a poster that announced Suikoden III for Xbox
If you distinctly remember that then your memory leaves something to be desired... Konami never announced an Xbox version. Some Xbox sites speculated or even said it was coming but Konami never did, the only thing they said about it was that it wasn't coming and there was no plans for it when Vextor asked them.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
all Genso suikodens have been exclusive to Sony{PSX, PS2}
Yeah... except for the Saturn version of Suikoden, GBA exclusive Card Stories, and the PC conversions.

Really exclusive series... :roll:

I said GENSO suikoden

although yeah I forgot about the 1 for Saturn
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I said GENSO suikoden
And what the hell is that supposed to mean? They're all GENSO suikoden, it's the Japanese title.

It's Genso Suikoden, it's Genso Suikogaiden, it's Genso Suikoden Card Stories, it's all Genso. It's not a title for Sony installments, it's a title to differentiate it from Shui Hu Zhan nothing else.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Some game stores in the USA even had an XBOX release within their reservation system, which caused some confusion. I asked a guy in Konami Computer Entertainiment (back when they were located in Hawaii), and the guy said, "we have no plans for an XBOX release." So it was definitely a strange situation.
Twelve

Post by Twelve »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Twelve wrote:I distinctly remember standing in the video game store and seeing a poster that announced Suikoden III for Xbox
If you distinctly remember that then your memory leaves something to be desired... Konami never announced an Xbox version. Some Xbox sites speculated or even said it was coming but Konami never did, the only thing they said about it was that it wasn't coming and there was no plans for it when Vextor asked them.
See Vextor's comment before you resort to flaming others over trivial errors. I never examined the poster to see if it was printed officially by Konami, but it was indeed there. And it does seem that some game stores were advertising its release on Xbox, regardless of Konami's intentions.
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

If Suikoden VI is a Playstation 3 production, I'd be pretty cheesed. Although, to be fair, Suikoden III is the only reason I bought a PS2. Still, the PS2 was a garden of delights for any video game player, and the PS3 is, at the moment, just an extremely expensive toy.
Yeah!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

See Vextor's comment before you resort to flaming others over trivial errors. I never examined the poster to see if it was printed officially by Konami, but it was indeed there. And it does seem that some game stores were advertising its release on Xbox, regardless of Konami's intentions.
1. Learn what a flame is.
2. Since my time-machine is broken I can't very well see a post that didn't exist at the time I posted.
3. Having a game in their reservation system /= advertising a game.
4. Game stores aren't in the habit of printing up posters for games that don't officially exist. They aren't even in the habit of printing up posters for games at all.

And if Konami didn't make it (which we already know they didn't) then ask yourself who did. It wasn't the game store as they only post posters issued to them. not print it themselves. So who made it?

What you might have seen is an "Upcoming releases" list with Suikoden III as TBA but that's a far cry from a poster.
Twelve

Post by Twelve »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: 1. Learn what a flame is.
2. Since my time-machine is broken I can't very well see a post that didn't exist at the time I posted.
4. Game stores aren't in the habit of printing up posters for games that don't officially exist. They aren't even in the habit of printing up posters for games at all.

And if Konami didn't make it (which we already know they didn't) then ask yourself who did. It wasn't the game store as they only post posters issued to them. not print it themselves. So who made it?

What you might have seen is an "Upcoming releases" list with Suikoden III as TBA but that's a far cry from a poster.
I'm not really certain what compels you to provoke others. If you believe other people are wrong, why not point out their mistakes with civility? Since you seem to respond only with snide and inflammatory remarks, I'll bow out of this argument.
Night

Post by Night »

Just thought I'd add that the big game retail companies do print up osters for games. It's called marketing. I would imagine both EB and Gamestop do it, just as Game and Gamestation do it over here to advertise new releases. Games comapnies supply us with cardboard displays, that kind of pos, but never posters.
Technically telling customers that they can pre-order a game on its release at that store is kind of advertising its release. Perhaps marketing would be a more appropriate term.

As to the poster, a couple of times the company I work for has supplied our store with posters that have contained a mistake about the game's format. Sometimes differnet departments are so seperate and self-contained that errant information can sneak in. Generally the console information is minimal on the poster (stores want to advertise the game, their company and their competitive price more), and so mistakes in that area are occasionally overlooked. I've seen it happen, so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility for Twelve to have seen such a poster.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
TrueEightfold

Post by TrueEightfold »

Just thought I'd add that the big game retail companies do print up osters for games. It's called marketing. I would imagine both EB and Gamestop do it, just as Game and Gamestation do it over here to advertise new releases. Games comapnies supply us with cardboard displays, that kind of pos, but never posters.
I believe that Raww Le Kleuez was stating the stores themseleves do not print up posters. You're right in that it is marketing, but marketing is done by the developers and producers of the game, not the merchants. EB and Gamestop do not print posters, they simply display them on store walls.

However, I can't confirm the SIII/Xbox poster, but I did see a poster stating Star Ocean 3:TTEOT was for the Gamecube, not a match, but similar situation.

And Pokerface:
Do not misunterstand me. Let's see here. Suikoden III never appeared in Germany as a PAL Version, so my pal said: Awright to hell with that crap! And he ordered an US PS2. Then the US Game as well. After doing some research we found out that having an US Playstation is 1000 times better, because there are too many good games which NEVER appear here in Germany or in Europe... I hope you understand now.

Back to topic.

Konami is sooooooooo evil! They should step on the gas darn it. I need the next Suikoden!

Pokerface
The reason KoyuRedd corrected you was because you had said that you would buy a US PS3
And should the game appear for the PS 3, then he will order an US PS 3, and the US game.
The PS3 is region-free, meaning that there is no "US" or "Pal" PS3, or games for that matter.
"We did not choose to be the guardians at the gate, but there is no one else"
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

For all we know, the next installment may appear on a handheld, doubtly however. Just a possibility.

And is Konami still making an unknown RPG for the Wii? And are they making one for the PS3 as well?
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
I said GENSO suikoden
And what the hell is that supposed to mean? They're all GENSO suikoden, it's the Japanese title.

It's Genso Suikoden, it's Genso Suikogaiden, it's Genso Suikoden Card Stories, it's all Genso. It's not a title for Sony installments, it's a title to differentiate it from Shui Hu Zhan nothing else.

well if you say so

I always thought that only suikoden 1 to 5 were genso's and card stories and the gaidens werent