Suikoden VI

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Crowetron

Re: Suikoden VI

Post by Crowetron »

Bribing? Aquiring exclusive titles for a platform is not bribery, it's business. Though I will admit, Rare siding with Microsoft shocked me, so much so I didn't really believe it until Perfect Dark Zero came out. I may not agree with the exclusive element of the business, but I acknowledge that it is, after all, a business. As much as artistic vision and creativity factors into making a game, so does profit.

It seems to me that Suikoden VI would be the most profitable as a multi-release, even though it would mean a hell of a lot more work. But a Sony Exclusive seems likely, which sucks for me. I love Suikoden, but I'm not going to shell out 600 bucks on an overhyped BluRay player just to play a single entry in a series, ANY series, particularly when I can already play the greatest entry (SuikoII). I mean, I love MegaMan psychotically, but I didn't buy a crappy PSP for Powered Up or Maverick Hunter.

Incidentally, I have to ask, why wouldn't Mario be Nintendo only? He's not the product of a third party game company (like Konami, for example) that just happened to be released on Nintendo systems. Mario is a Nintendo product, fully and completely, from the very beginning.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

Aww i check this site nearly everyday now jus hopein that they have announced somethin to do with suikoden 6... an still no word.... this suck.. :cry:
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Well E3 is coming up in july...hopefully konami will anounce suikoden 6
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

I think the next suikoden will be in ps3.
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

ralphyu wrote:I think the next suikoden will be in ps3.
Can you please give a reason for statements like this, otherwise this point is just baseless opinion and is cluttering up the post.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

If Konami decides MGS4 sells well enough, then there is a large chance they'll keep Suikoden Playstation exclusive. Personally, having played MGS4, I kinda doubt it. Metal Gear is fun, but not worth buying a PS3 for. And this is coming from someone who bought a Gamecube purely for the Resident Evil 1 Remake (I actually kinda lucked out there, what with Smash Bros., Zelda, and RE4), so I know something about rediculous fandom.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

sales for Metal Gear Solid 4 shouldn't really affect Konami's decision to release games on different platforms. knowing that MGS is extremely popular, i am pretty sure it would have benefited Konami if they did a multi-platform release (at least release on the 360... a lot more development time would be required to implement it well on the Wii, and the Wii might have to downgrade graphics, etc).
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I think it will end up being on PS3 due to each Genso Suikoden (and the American version, Talking about the main games in the series) have all been on the major Sony system at the time. The only time they really made one on multi-platform was with the Sega Saturn so maybe just maybe if we are extremly lucky we will get one to be with both PS2 and PS3 (I figure it would help their sales alot more). Yeah I'm REALLY hoping they have it on the next E3, never remember seeing any Suikoden on there though, haven't seen much E3s but when I have I don't remember any Suikoden releases coming out right before the E3. I'm also really hoping it isn't for a portable system, never really liked any of the portables (but if it has to then so be it). And if the rumors are true about them starting on 6 right after the production on 5 (or maybe I'm just mixing it up with 5 and 4) then if it does come out on a portable it better have soem FRIKIN EPIC gameplay/storyline! But most likey if this is true then it has to be on something bigger than a portable.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Mikain Clan King wrote:And if the rumors are true about them starting on 6 right after the production on 5 (or maybe I'm just mixing it up with 5 and 4) then if it does come out on a portable it better have soem FRIKIN EPIC gameplay/storyline! But most likey if this is true then it has to be on something bigger than a portable.
this stuff was cited in the news topic: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =36&t=9000
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I don't think Suikoden's arrival on the PSN is any kind of indicator. They simply wanted to make money on the game, and the PSN is the only thing it would really work on, because it came out for a Sony system.

With that said, Suikoden would have a unique chance to succeed on the PS3, because of the small number of RPGs for the system, as opposed to the PS2. PS3 owners who like JRPGs (say, those who bought one for FFXIII) are thirsty for a good JRPG, as opposed to PS2 owners who were drowning in them. And yet, tons of JRPG fans will have PS3s anyway, just to play FFXIII. Konami could really capitalize on that situation, pour a lot of resources into it (big if), and make it into a hyped PS3 title, sharing the 'blockbuster PS3 JRPG' with only the FFXIII games and White Knight Story.

Will this happen? Probably not. It might be more likely they'd go the Disgaea 3 route, and have graphics that are a throwback to the last generation, and market it to fans of the series. Im sure Nippon Ichi kept development costs down a lot (hell, they even lowered the cost to $50), and pleased their fanbase in the process. That would be a safe route for Konami.

Given that we've heard nothing about the game, by the time it would come out, the PS3 would be at $300 max. Its been at $400 for a while, and some retailers have even been offering a $100 coupon with a purchase. My guess is the holiday season will see a price cut, and clearly Suikoden VI, if it is ever released, wont be before then. So I don't think the price of the PS3 will be an issue if the game does come out for it.

Other platforms (even PSP/DS) are still a possibility, as well as it being cancelled. That does happen to games. We know they started work on a Suikoden game, but many games get cancelled, or technically speaking, 'put on hold'. Though, I think cancellation would be a very small chance. A scaling back is more likely.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Milking the cow dry, huh? Could be and more then ever since they are releasing the original Genso Suikoden on cellphones in Japan through Konami DX net for about 315 yen a month. I figure that they may be building up to some kind of annoucement about VI with the PS3/PSP and cellphone release of the first release.

But you also have to figure like KoRnholio mentioned that their only motive may be just making money and not an indicator to VI.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

KoRnholio wrote:With that said, Suikoden would have a unique chance to succeed on the PS3, because of the small number of RPGs for the system, as opposed to the PS2.
That's certainly true. In fact, poor timing in release of their previous Suikoden games is one of the big things that killed sales. You'd think they would learn from their mistakes but it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm sure they'll wait until the day FFXIII is released and then also release Suikoden 6 at the same time. . . .
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Oppenheimer wrote:
KoRnholio wrote:With that said, Suikoden would have a unique chance to succeed on the PS3, because of the small number of RPGs for the system, as opposed to the PS2.
That's certainly true. In fact, poor timing in release of their previous Suikoden games is one of the big things that killed sales. You'd think they would learn from their mistakes but it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm sure they'll wait until the day FFXIII is released and then also release Suikoden 6 at the same time. . . .
Timing, but other marketing things too. Some crappy games get hyped and still sell a lot. Surely a game with substance receiving the same amount of hype would have a chance at doing well. Of course, it would require a big investment. Thats the main reason why it isn't all that likely.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

KoRnholio wrote:
Timing, but other marketing things too. Some crappy games get hyped and still sell a lot. Surely a game with substance receiving the same amount of hype would have a chance at doing well. Of course, it would require a big investment. Thats the main reason why it isn't all that likely.
Yeah that's deffinatley true, look at the game "Whiplash", it's really not a good game but it sold more games than better games like "Kya Dark Lineage".

Maybe konami is just waiting long enough to make up new stories and characters and heroes that each year they will be able to release a suikoden and a suikoden tactics, or atleast make a really long suikoden. It is a possibilty that they could be working on suikoden 6 and 7 and a tactics.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤