Why is it that every Suikoden,there are allies that have to

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
reinhart

Why is it that every Suikoden,there are allies that have to

Post by reinhart »

I don't know if it is a trademark of Suikoden. Why does it have to be in that way? On a second thought, Gremio was resurrected by Leeknat on Suikoden I. So why not resurrect those who have died (not those who are overaged) in future Suikoden. Its cooler to see Ted (Suikoden I), Teo McDohl (Suikoden I) in future Suikoden Series.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Why is it that every Suikoden,there are allies that have to

Post by patapi »

I believe the answer lies within Leknaat's explanation prior to Gremio's return to life in Suikoden.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

It may have something to do the the Soul Eater being the Rune of Life and Death. I had just assumed that by collecting all 108 SoD, the full potential of the rune(assisted by the Gate Rune) could restore life as opposed to taking it.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

since leknaat only have the back part of the gate rune maybe that's why she can only use it once? maybe if she had the full gate rune, she can "resurrect" a lot of people... cause i see it this way the after life is just another dimension which is link by the gate rune to this world... now since gremio's soul was eaten by soul eater, she needed soul eater to return gremio's soul. and the reason for the 107 other stars... their will... the will of the 107 stars to connect with the 108th star so tracking gremio in the after life will be easier...
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
Scotts

Post by Scotts »

Maybe with the BACK Gate Rune she can only open Portals to the past, and was impressed with Tir's efforts to recruit 108 Stars, so rewarded him with his friends ressurection
Iku

Post by Iku »

if she could just bring people back wouldn't she she bring back her clan, luc, sarah and everyone else!! :mrgreen:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Auragaea

Post by Auragaea »

From all the people she could have resurrected, why did she choose Gremio? There are far more important people she could've revived, instead she goes with Tir's caretaker.
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

because leknaat mentioned it already... they need the one hundred eight stars of destiny... and they were missing one cause he was dead...
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

What I remember is that Leknaat could only do this once and that it could only be someone who was a star of destiny, which is why I guess Tir's father,Teo, wasn't resurrected. I would have much preferred him then some mooching babysitter.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Auragaea wrote:From all the people she could have resurrected, why did she choose Gremio? There are far more important people she could've revived, instead she goes with Tir's caretaker.
Cause it was the first Suikoden they ever made and hadn't even come up with the concept of groups of SoDs from the PAST yet. lol.
Purr.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Simple. Gremio was the only Star of Destiny among the possible options for resurrection.

Reviving Teo would be dishonouring his decision to die for his beliefs in the Empire.
Mystical

Post by Mystical »

It wouldn't be reasonable, or even interesting to be able to bring back anyone.

Besides, bringing back Ted and Teo to life so easily would make their deaths sound either pointless, stupid or both.

Don't mind a baby-sitter SoD being brought back to life, though. Haha.
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

I think Freshmetal provided the most satisfying explanation. In nearly every other Suikoden title we've seen the appropriate character's Rune become more powerful with the gathering of the 108 Stars of Destiny. Riou's Bright Shield Rune had its fourth spell unlocked, Lazlo's Rune of Punishment went from "Atonement Mode" to "Forgiveness Mode", that sort of thing. I think it's most likely that Tir's Rune of Life and Death went from "cannibalize all your closest friends mode" to "life mode".

Leknaat helping out with the resurrection process doesn't neccesarily stem from which Rune she has. We've seen situations in which Runes can compliment each other or even lend power to one another. For example, Joshua's Dragon Rune has only one purpose- to allow dragons to exist outside the World of Wings and Scales- but he was still able to lend Leknaat some of its supposed power to give her Gate Rune a bit of a "push" when she was banishing the summoned monsters before the siege of Gregminster. Or in Suikoden II, being near Tir's Soul Eater allowed Riou to use Forgiver Sign without having unlocked it yet.
Yeah!