My Ideal Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Re: My Ideal Suikoden 6

Post by Icegryphon »

So many of the 108 stars have been absolutely worthless. So not a fan of the summoning thing.

I would like more backstory on Windy, Leknaat, Zerase, Jeane, Viki, the Sindar, Harmonia, etc...but each of those things is so powerful and above everything...just wouldn't work. I think it'll all remain a mystery.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Timeline: After the 2nd Fire Bringer War
Hero: either the typical teenage male or an older one maybe 22+
Gameplay: the 6 character system with changable formations, duels and wars need to be refined maybe take notes on all of the other games and come up with something a little more creative and difficult.
New Races: I wouldn't mind seeing a race like the Kolbolds appearing again or have somebody like from Tierkreis like the Auster Folk or The Furious Roar (I"m suprised they never used these in the past). Also lets mix it up a little bit and actually have some more Asian looking characters and some Black characters, Samus doesn't cut it.
Weapons: take notes on Tierkreis and add more.
Headquarters: I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this before but I wouldnt mind having either a customizable castle or being able to choose lets say between 3 different places to give a little variety.
Villains: I do believe the Main antagonist must be a cerebral minded person kind of like the Godwins but still have a physical intimdating effect about them. I really loved Luca Blight but I don't think they can do something like that again. I liked how Childerich had flashes of Luca in him and it was good that he was a secondary villain. He was scarier than the Godwins lol.
Strategist: I'd really like to either see Apple get her sense together and be able to take over the reigns for once or maybe Albert gets a soft heart and decides to do something for someone other than him self. Albert seemed really cool especialy at the end of SIII, I think he says something about his cameo role is over haha.
Returning characters: Because this is going to be the 6th installment of the series, this my opinion, but I'd like this game to have more returning characters than the other games brought back in the past. Maybe even 30 or 40 or the new 108 stars should be returning characters. Now how does that sit with a new country and all that I'm not sure. Maybe a country that has absolutley no government, no stability, and needs to be liberated by outside forces. Kind of like Iraq
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

I'd love to see more of Harmonia, maybe not as the main setting, but kind of you can go to some Harmonian border city (like Caleria). Or better yet, I'd love to see a Harmonian Tenkai. Maybe someone from the government who received order to supress uprisings or whatnot and ended up leading his own army (but maybe not against Harmonia's massive army).

Just...more Harmonia please ><

Wait, Suikoden 0 will be great. By Suikoden 0 I mean the rumored original tenkai...Hikusaak. I'd love to see his story as a game, but let's leave that to the end of Suikoden series.
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Hikusaak sounds like a real hero. But I doubt he/she(?) is a Tenkai and I'm guessing he belongs to the "Jeane group'(All those mysterious people...you know..).
Another thing, looks like he's too much powerful and all to be a Tenkai unlike most of the others.
He's epic. :shock:

And I don't know why it's supposed to be called Suikoden 0. :lol:
I mean it could be Suikoden VI since timeline doesn't matter.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Auragaea

Post by Auragaea »

The "Jeane" group? You mean Jeane, Zerase, Simeon, and Raura?
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Oh my goodness, calling it Suikoden 0 is a throwback to when Image Comics was still very new. They did a gimmicky thing where they made episode 0 for every comic series to show origins or whatever. They were quite cool but ever since then all of us old Image junkies from way back in the day are always wanting to name prequels 0. However, since Suikoden already has 3 games made in the past...the nomenclature already makes using 0 unnecessary and confusing.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Timeline: After the 2nd Fire Bringer war, I want the storyline to progress (even though they can progress it by going back in time, I want to move forward).

Country: I don't know. I'd say close to Grassland/Zexen like Dunan was close to Toran so that you can at least make a pit stop in Grassland/Zexen and see some old faces, even if you don't get them in your 108 stars. For instance, I'd love to see Melville, Alanis, Elliott and Louis as Zexen knights. I'd also love to see Thomas and Cecile running a much-improved Budehuc Castle and possibly married (I'd love to get them both to join as well).

Hero: You know i have a few ideas on this. Typing what i just typed above I almost want to have Thomas be the Tenkai Star (even though he already was...) and possibly be the new bearer of the true wind rune. We know the rune had to go to someone and the person with the best wind affinity in S3 was Thomas AND he's from the northern Outlands which could be the setting for this game. Anyway if it's just some generic new hero I'm ready for a female caster. We keep getting these hybrid heroes, why don't we get a caster/mage hero who can tear people up? Or a purely physical hero who has a huge two handed sword/mace and his/her true rune is one like Barbarossa's or Yuber's in that it is more of a physical true rune.

Gameplay: Same as always, I want a 6 person team, and I want the army battles to be just like the ones in S3. I'd also like more army battles. Because in S3 you actually use your characters in the army battles (which is super cool) so they should really work at it like they did in S1 and S2. If you don't recall, in S1 and S2 they constantly had to send 6 person reconnaissance teams in to do stuff when the whole army couldn't be deployed. They could have it so that you gotta send out 2-3 groups and you do each of their missions then when done you have an army battle that is set up by what they did.

New Races: NONE! I'm sick of them trying to come up with stupid new races. I love the wingers, I love the kobolds (the normal ones, not the stupid Ney ones), I love the Lizard clan. That's plenty. Leave it be.

Weapons: I'm cool with the weapons the way they've been. I'd like them to take away throwing knives as these are really stupid. Anytime you got a super cool character (see Killey in S5) and you give them a stupid throwing dagger so they sit in the back row with no visible weapon and swing their arm...I'm sad.

Headquarters: The best headquarters in the game was in S3. The reason behind this is there was an actual reason behind it. In all the other Suikodens you just kind of happen to stumble upon a derelict castle and you build it up and say "hey this will work, let's go recruiting". In S3 the castle is owned by a kid who has no affiliation to any side in the conflict, and the reason you "recruit" is because the castle needs merchants and other types to come to the castle to keep it from going bankrupt. Then it becomes the castle for your army because of its history as being neither grassland nor zexen, so it's the ideal spot. Basically I just want them to put more thought into the headquarters like they did in S3.

Villains: I really liked the villains in S2 and S3 most. In S2 you had Luca, the all-powerful badass who was nearly impossible to overcome and behind the scenes you had your best friend, the cunning Jowy. Was cool. Godwin was a pansy, didn't like him, Windy was a tad too mysterious. In S3, i really liked Luc's group, they keep showing up, they have all kinds of power and they're manipulating everyone. Very cool villains.

Returning characters: I want a lot of people returning from S3. I'd like those stated above, wouldn't mind a few others. You can't do much from S5 returning because by now it'll be what, 30+ years since then? I'd like Jeane, Zerase and Viki to make an appearance and I'd like some focking answers as to their origins.
The fighting 108

Post by The fighting 108 »

Timeline: All - I would love to see a Suikoden where the character can pass through the various eras and see the world change through their action or in action. Perhaps start all the way at the very beginning with Hikusaak and be a 'nameless soldier' type through out all the other series, fighting on various sides of the conflicts.

Country: All - As I said, I would like a story in which the character has been (and can go to) everywhere. Of course this would probably be with in reason due space restrictions and what not, but that would be my ideal.

Hero: An eternal soldier that wound up with a true rune during a pre-historic war (bronze age-ish maybe?) and has been alive ever since. I would like to see them evolve as time goes on, with the player being able to decide between if they want a magical, martial, or perhaps a hybrid character in the end. Being able to customize their appearance would be a big plus.

Head Quarters: Sort of like the End of Time from Chrono Trigger, an extra dimensional area that exists outside of the main world and links all the various time lines together.

Villains: Everyone, through the first half of the game, it'd be nice to wind up on the 'wrong' side of the conflict and be privy to a lot of the interaction between the previous games' villains that might not have been seen by the protagonist. As for new villains, someone that can harry you through out your extended life, or start out small and snowball into such a threat that you have to travel back in time to fix things. Hikusaak might work or another true rune bearer, or some one thats are immortal 'just because' (aka Jean is the source of all evil! I knew it!).

Strategist: Either completely new or a subplot to choose who you want from the game's illustrious cast of strategic characters. Perhaps with the option of even plucking the deceased strategists from the time stream.

Returning Characters: A whole ton. For better or for worse, Suikoden has made us attached to it's characters. Everyone kind of feels a twinge of regret when a favorite character fails to make an appearance or a bit of a high when their favorite either makes a cameo, is mentioned, or exists in the current game via there child/protoge. As for the 108, for the most part they'd mainly comprised of the characters that die for various reasons through out the game.

Final Thoughts: I would also like some type of 'relationship' system added into the mix to determine your final 108. Someone previously mentioned a dating sim sub game? This would complement that nicely.

In other words, I kind of want everything and it'd be kind of impossible, but in the end we are here discussing our own ideals, not what may or may not be possible right?
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

One other thing I'd like to add to improve the next game is that they should take notes on what they did in SV regaurding the starting levels of recruited characters. I liked how, especialy in the strategy guide, the characters would come +5 the heros level or -5 the heros level. I know in a few of the other games and especialy in Tierkreis you can be at like level 40 and just recruit somebody and they're at 15. Its tough to gauge the strengths of a character when they come that weak. Also it would be a bit tedius to try every single character out and train them to the levels of your other characters. This also goes for their weapons, I'm not saying that they have to be at the same level as what I have but starting at level 1 is insane, especialy in SV, there are descent characters that are recruitable toward the end of the game and its really stupid to have to waste all your potch on their weapons when you could be using it on Saints Cloaks and other expensive armor.

A comment on the headquarters, I agree I liked that the castle in S3 had alot of meaning and history behind it but it just didn't do it for me when it comes to looks. I thought it would have been cool if the castle actually was repaired bit by bit, here you are at the end of the game and theres still huge holes in the walls. I personaly liked the castle in S1, it was easy to navigate, looks really cool sitting on the water, and easy to defend. For total looks I loved SV's castle but toward the end of the game navigating that place is ridiculous.

Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Auragaea wrote:The "Jeane" group? You mean Jeane, Zerase, Simeon, and Raura?
Yeah. haha. Don't forget Pesmerga and Yuber and soem others.

I doubt their mysteries will be revealed but I have a feeling Pes and Yuber's will after me being inspired by X-men Origins. lol.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Belcoot4 wrote:One other thing I'd like to add to improve the next game is that they should take notes on what they did in SV regaurding the starting levels of recruited characters. I liked how, especialy in the strategy guide, the characters would come +5 the heros level or -5 the heros level. I know in a few of the other games and especialy in Tierkreis you can be at like level 40 and just recruit somebody and they're at 15. Its tough to gauge the strengths of a character when they come that weak. Also it would be a bit tedius to try every single character out and train them to the levels of your other characters. This also goes for their weapons, I'm not saying that they have to be at the same level as what I have but starting at level 1 is insane, especialy in SV, there are descent characters that are recruitable toward the end of the game and its really stupid to have to waste all your potch on their weapons when you could be using it on Saints Cloaks and other expensive armor.

A comment on the headquarters, I agree I liked that the castle in S3 had alot of meaning and history behind it but it just didn't do it for me when it comes to looks. I thought it would have been cool if the castle actually was repaired bit by bit, here you are at the end of the game and theres still huge holes in the walls. I personaly liked the castle in S1, it was easy to navigate, looks really cool sitting on the water, and easy to defend. For total looks I loved SV's castle but toward the end of the game navigating that place is ridiculous.
I've gotta agree with you on all points here. S5's friggin "Every character starts with a level 1 weapon" thing was complete bull. That was the most annoying thing about getting new characters in my honest opinion.

I honestly think each of the headquarters have had their own appeal, but I probably liked Suikoden 2's the most. It was a very nice castle, not really any gimmicks, just a cool castle to hang around in. Also Suikoden 3's mansion didn't upgrade, that was really annoying.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Runemaster wrote:Hikusaak sounds like a real hero. But I doubt he/she(?) is a Tenkai and I'm guessing he belongs to the "Jeane group'(All those mysterious people...you know..).
Another thing, looks like he's too much powerful and all to be a Tenkai unlike most of the others.
He's epic. :shock:

And I don't know why it's supposed to be called Suikoden 0. :lol:
I mean it could be Suikoden VI since timeline doesn't matter.
I think the only reason he's so 'epic' is because his storyis so old. But he could easily be a tenkai. Afterall, his war is called the 'Hero's War'. It's a revolution against an extremely powerful empire. He gets a true rune and then wins. Sounds like all the makings of a SoD war. The only thing is that you wouldn't have Leknaat overseeing the war (since she comes into the story after harmonia is formed. Also, it would be a little out of character as a tenkai since he sticks around to rule the country. But you're given this option occasionaly so it's not that unusual.

Also, it's referred to as Suikoden 0 not because it's in the past but because it's called the 'Hero's War'. That might make it the theoretical first 108 SoD war. I've always figured that they would eventually make a suikoden about hikusaak, but i thought that it would probably be the second to last game of the series, setting up the a solute ending. Who knows.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I'm thinking that when they do finally (hopefully friggin soon) make Suikoden 6 the game probaly would take place after SIII but I could see after that maybe them wanting to do another game in the past. When it comes to Hikusaak I really think they want him to be a mystery, a legend, somebody you wish you could see if anything maybe he might appear in the final suikoden where theres a world war and they call it the 2nd Heros War or the Final Hero's War. He might have just too much fame for them to make him a Tenkai.

Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Not sure I want a world war in any suikoden. One of the main charms of Suikoden is that in each game it's an isolated incident taking place in one specific country. It's never worldwide and you're limited by the area your country is in. To spread it out to the whole world would be going against a major part of the Suikoden series.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

how would you end the series? I was thinking once everything was said and done and all of the countries reached their peek who knows maybe there will be a villain who wishes the complete ruler kind of like Hitler's Germany. I do like that each game features an isolated incident within a single country but I wouldn't mind being able to check out places you've been in previous games. I thought it was pretty cool in SV when they let you make a little trip to the island nations, too bad it was many many years from when they were established, or SII when they let you go back to Gregminster. They should have just let you go out the gate and check out the rest of Toran. That would have been a bit much though.