My Ideal Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: My Ideal Suikoden 6

Post by Oppenheimer »

Hugo, the young male (as always seems to be the case), is the royalty in Suikoden III. Just because he's the heir to a clan rather than prince of a kingdom doesn't make him any less "royalty".
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

So there it is, there wasn't a Suikoden that didn't drag the Royalty into the story. Hence, that proves my short Hypothesis as well as ends this little off-track thing.

We can now proceed with the regular flow of the topic.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

There are probley over dozen nations it can take place right now. Also seems like with each new installment, new lands and nations are mentioned. I don't know if they will make enough installments to cover everything unless they start taking place in various countries, like ship traveling(they did it a little bit in S5). With that said, all I ask for is what really happen to Windy and Barbarossa? Also Konami needs to put the spotlight on Gaien and not some barely known nation or continent.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
BlackKnightYuber

Post by BlackKnightYuber »

My ideal Suikoden VI would be sandwiched somewhere in between the 15 year gap that separates II & III. There's a lot of potential for more than one good story in there. I'm not picky about returning characters or location. Just give me a good plot.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

BlackKnightYuber wrote:My ideal Suikoden VI would be sandwiched somewhere in between the 15 year gap that separates II & III. There's a lot of potential for more than one good story in there. I'm not picky about returning characters or location. Just give me a good plot.
And it could happen in another continent.....

It's not good to have two Runic Wars happening simultaneously. Think about the stress they could put Leknaat through....

Hey babycakes ;D
RiceBowl52

Post by RiceBowl52 »

All I really want in my Suikoden VI is a beautiful opening cutscene ala suikoden III

Story wise tho I would prefer the setting to be after III. After the great story progression I felt sorta blueballed that IV and V were in the past...
Chocho

Post by Chocho »

My Ideal..
I agree if they take place at Nagarea, I really want to know more about the history behind "The city sealed within the earth", the ancient armes,more
and about sindar, of course, love sindar ruins!

buuut anyway as long as it has Suikoden's charm, and great artworks(Artworks, not graphic)I'll accept it no matter what the setting, plot, Rune, or whatever it is.
"Karma DOES Exist"
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

My ideal...

Time/Location:

It doesn't matter where or when is set on.

Hero:

Customizable, it could be standard character but at least i want choice sex/hair/eye color.
Select personality (nice, aggressive, cold) it don't affect to options, only the form to answer. For example, for kind char "Do as you wish, i respect your decission" or a cold char "I don't care" or agressive "do what you want!"

History:

As i said...it doesn't matter, the only thing i want is take the bad guy rol, be the cruel emperor who fights versus folthy rebles who are trying to divide the land. Or at least, have the option to decide what side i want to join withought.

I want that options really affect in the developement of history, i want the capacity of choose freely but that musn't mean that i lose the chance of good ending. I mean, some time you really want "cut his head" but you know that if you do it, you can't see a good ending, so isn't really a "choice" since there are only one "right answer". I want choose, that will affect of course, but not "determine".

Fighting/Evolution

I really want SIII system return, but this time, guiving orders to each char.

Strategic battle, like S2, but more dificult, convert it in real battles where strategy really had relevance.

1 vs 1 it would be fun, a beat em up system.

Design...

Manga style fits well in art to me II, III, V...i haven't special interest in graphics itself.

Minigames.

Definetively...a sim date. Secondary like in Persona...but must be one.

Returning of chichorrin, dance game, mole crusher.

A coliseum 1vs 1 with fighting game system would be great.

New Razes:

Zombies. it would be really fun.

Other things:

-Info for Suikoden world, i don't need they revel all misterys (Yuber&Pesmerga, Viki, Jeane, Sindars, Void world, etc) but at least one of them and guive some new clues about the others

-True runes, at least 2-3 of them, it doesn't matter which. in the first Suiko appear about 4 runes each game, in the two last game they only show 2.

-Returning chars, again, it doesn't matter who, but someone please. It looks like namco is obsessed with "not repeat himself" in things that everyone wants see again.

-All chars in castle must do something, if not, at least have a minigame, making tools, making war weapons to use in tactic battles, train animals to mount in battle, things like that

So, in conclussion, it doesn't matter details for me, the important is that some elements returns.
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Some nice ideas there, Neclord. I especially like the one about customizing your own character. I think that could be great, and would add some much needed replay value if done right.

Graphics wise, I'd love for the series to return to 2D. People might say it's outdated, but it could look gorgeous with plenty of CGI to juice it up.
Sunsettraveler

Post by Sunsettraveler »

Hmmm...this is a tough question to answer.

Based on what I've seen in the series, after three, the story/plot went backwards in time.

I'm just curious if the next one will take place after three or five. Plot and storyline I mean. ^^;

I would like to see a return to the fun cooking mini-game ^^

As for the main hero:
Maybe a child from one of the previous heros(heroine counting Chris)
Maybe a bit older like in his/her '20's'.
I wouldn't mind if the lead was female.
Most of the main hero's weapons are usually different, but I think it would be cool if the VI's hero(heroine) wielded a polearm (or other weapon besides a sword) this time. ^^ Or maybe just be a kung fu master.
Solo mostly or have the ability to choose a character to follow you around. (example: Lyon from V. I liked having a character follow you around. Bugging you half to death =p lol jk. Lyon: "Now prince don't forget to brush your teeth!" Prince:"......*sighs*" =p xD lol I'm joking)
I would like to see the main character with a profession, something like 'blacksmith' or 'trader' or something else. ^^

As for the other characters:
Like before, maybe some offspring from any of the characters from the prievious games, considering the current time and plot of coarse.
Maybe some more non-human plots/backgrounds, they don't seem to be focused on much. (I could be wrong ^^; just something I noticed though)

As for the game itself:
I'm sure there will be a land chosen so I'm not worried about that, though somewhere in the north would be cool. Like a region with snow.
The battle system is fine, maybe the return of the different coustomizable(sp sorry xP) formations. That was cool!
As I mentioned before the return of the cooking mini-game. As well as a few new mini-games too. ^^
A deeper more longer story possibly. Not so many 'deaths'. (Referring to V. Deaths are ok, but they make easy 'plot fillers' ^^; I think. I'm not trying to sound rude. ^^; sorry if I am. xP)
The dating sim thing would be cool, (Referring to Neclord x's post) it would take a lot of work though. ^^;
Maybe airtravel, such as a durigibal or blimp. ^^
Maybe a 'blade bunny' race lol xD
I would love to see the return of the 'load data' thing. lol I would beat the games with all the characters thinking that would happen, but sadly I, II, III, and Tactics, are the only games that do that. I liked that idea ^^

Other than that, whatever Suikoden VI has I'll probably enjoy it xD. Sadly it'll probably be for the PS3 xP

And if I said anything offensive in my post I'm sorry. I tend to get sarcastic ^^; lol I wasn't trying to be.
atoz

Post by atoz »

Actually i hope it will involve more recruitable true rune bearers.
Like maybe few years after suikoden 3, and Hugo meet Riou?!
Like in Suikoden 2, Riou met Tir. Only this time, Riou got more involve into the game rather than Tir in Suikoden 2.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

My Ideal Suikoden 6??

Hmmm....

Great,creatively done characters.

Yeah,more TR bearers and revelations

Some previous characters involvement

Good, nostalgic(as usual),catchy music

Good VAs

and most importantly....

a great, memorable storyline with LOTS of twists and turns! a LOT.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
King Krimson

Post by King Krimson »

I think we should finally get to see countries that have already been spoken about like Zelant or Kanakan for example. Also it would be interesting to check out Gaien as well..
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"
Lino84

Post by Lino84 »

Somthing in Harmonia, I Don't care what, I just want to explore the country, see some Ideas of what Cristal City looks like, and maby get an idea of why they do the things they do.

I'd like to see something early in there history, before the became everyone's enemy.
#1 Paper Clips Trombones n 1 Sujetapapeles No. 1
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

You know what the next Suikoden needs?

KOREAN PEOPLE!!!

Hey babycakes ;D