My Ideal Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
God of War

Re: My Ideal Suikoden 6

Post by God of War »

For me, as long as they make a great story like that of suikoden v... then i'll be happy... everything else would be a bonus...

Anyway, my ideal suikoden vi would probably have appearances from past heroes... whether they are playable or not does not matter to me as long as i could see how they're doing... although i should point out that maybe all of them appearing at once may not be such a good idea... as long as one of them appears then that's a bonus for me...

I'm kind of hoping that an older more mature prince (hero V) makes an appearance... i just want to see how he is all grown up and all... will he be as big as his father ferrid and whatnot... and... you must admit that the queen's knights outfit is badass (i'm also kind of curious who he ends up with since he's such a heartthrob... although i'd personally prefer luserina)...

also, maybe some of the things that pokerface pointed out earlier... although maybe not the the extreme of having them all fulfilled in the next installment... i still want more suikoden and if all the mysteries are solved then that kind of leaves us with nothing to expect anymore... i think one plus of the suikoden franchise are the unsolved mysteries that gives fans some room for imaginations and keeps them speculating and wanting more... i'd say that instead of solving all the mysteries maybe they could answer one for us... or just give us some more leads into it... lol... having us going on some wild goose chase until the end of the series... hopefully not... as long as i see that they are going somewhere with it and not just randomly having us pull our hair with new leads that don't really answer anything and instead end up getting us all the more confused...
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

nephlabobo wrote:
Clayton_Y wrote: I REALLLLLY want some backstory between Windy, Leknaat, and Zerase....
Why would they be connected? Do they need to be? No.
Clayton_Y wrote:I also think it would be amazing to be able load your final 108 save from all previous 5 suikodens and have Leknaat summon them to your aid before the final battle, having an absolutely killer final party
Utter fanwank.
Pokerface wrote: My Ideal Suikoden Story wish? -the story of Pesmerga and Yuber
Le sigh. I wish people would stop asking for this.
Pokerface wrote:-we all know that Emperor Barbarossa took Windy with him by jumping from the castle's roof, BUT Are those 2 really dead? Front Gate and Souvereign Runes.... where are they now?
They're dead Jim. No need to follow up on this.
Pokerface wrote:-Lazlo en Kuldes survived the Rune of Punishment... so where is he now? We all know that bearers of true runes do not age anymore.
After the rubbish that was Suiko 4, I don't care what happened to him - and never want to see him in a game again.
Pokerface wrote:-Kyril. Well, after Suikoden Tactics, he travelled to Scarlet Moon Empire and then he disappeared.. What the heck happened to him?
Meh. Haven't played Tactics yet. Who says he survived?
Pokerface wrote:-The truth about Jeane and Viki. What are those 2 women? They seem to have true runes when we remember what we used to see. Jeane and Viki appeared in Suikoden 4 which happened to play 150 years before the other Suikoden parts.
They *don't* have true runes. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. I'm sure you'll get answers eventually. Quit being whiny.
Pokerface wrote:-What happened to McDohl and Gremio after Suikoden 2? Then the same for Nanami, Jowy and Riou.
They travelled, they got old, and they died. Now you don't need a game.
Pokerface wrote:-Of course I want to know what Georg Prime was doing after the Dunan unification war.
He got old and died.
Pokerface wrote:-Is Troy really dead?
Yes. Happy?
(Beginning argument)
No, not happy, u know how that konami said that windy & Barboosa were dead? When suikoden 3 came out or around there... they confirmed that they were missing in action so the plot in chapter 6 (lucs story) would make sense.

They might change their minds about Jeane and Viki too, first they said that Jeane didnt have a true rune..NEXT thing u know they correct that claim and say that she has a true rune. It's unpredictable.

Plus who said that George is dead? Friken hell, ur so negative nephlabobo. By that i mean...

What's ur ideal suikoden 6?????????
(End argument)

I'd really like it if konami had a suikoden game that told the names and purposes of all true runes :)

And also a person who comes from Viki's village or where ever she comes from, just to tell us about Viki a little more...
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

It would be nice if they dive into Harmonia some more in the next installment but lets face it, there is still a lot of the world yet to be discovered by the gamer. It would be nice if it took place on the Western Continent, or some of those countries that were brought up in Suikoden 4-5.

But I suppose it would be a nice bonus if they actually make a game based on the Ancient Sindar race and the Old Armes Kingdom, so many plotholes around those two that connect Jeane.

Or maybe more information about Vicki and where she came from, that would be nice. I just wish that they would fill some plotholes up before making a dozen more.

The battle system of 3, enhance graphics and camera angle of Suikoden 4 and the skill systems of 5 and Rhapsodia. And maybe...some decent voice actors, David Hayter! :)
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
KvChaos

Post by KvChaos »

A Chinese Novel called Shui Hu Zhuan = Suikoden = Everything about liberation and kicking a corrupted government *ss.

I'll like to find about more about
1. Genkaku!
2. Victor and Flik 8)
3. Luca Blight is saved by that "tree" that's actually a true rune (we know even a sword can derive from a true rune, so why not a tree.) and transported him into another time, maybe viki home village. He learned to teleport and kill everyone! :twisted:
4. Forget about point 3
Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber

Post by Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber »

I don't care how good the graphics are in Suikoden VI, all I want in Suikoden VI is Pesmerga to be one of the main characters. And I don't care what people have to say about that! XP
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

And also a person who comes from Viki's village or where ever she comes from, just to tell us about Viki a little more...[/quote]

I wish Viki's homeland would be somewhere you could go eventually, and it would be a surprise if there was a whole village or town of people with her teleportation gift(maybe the village would be floating in suspended time, like the Island of Hybras was in Artemis Fowl)
Forsakn

Post by Forsakn »

-The truth about Jeane and Viki. What are those 2 women? They seem to have true runes when we remember what we used to see. Jeane and Viki appeared in Suikoden 4 which happened to play 150 years before the other Suikoden parts.

Well I read some information about viki in Wikapedia

In the Suikoden series many other runes have appeared often, but of which there is only one of within the game and show no connection to known true runes. These runes may provide a hint as to what other true runes may exist; however, it could also be that many are not actually runes at all, but are merely classed as such due to gameplay mechanics. 'Other runes' include:

Blinking Rune
Known Users: Viki
Child Runes: Unknown
The Blinking Rune has appeared with Viki in every game of the Suikoden series and using it Viki can teleport herself and/or the players party to previously visited towns. The Blinking Rune is often speculated to be a True Rune, however this has not been confirmed or denied by Konami. Feeding the speculation is the fact that Viki appears across the whole series despite the century long gap between Suikoden IV and the others. However, there is evidence that Viki merely disappears from time and space for periods of time- in Suikoden II when she teleports in front of the player for the first time she comments that the last thing she remembers was the victory celebrations from the end of Suikoden, backing this up is the fact that Viki also appears as a child in Suikoden III and Suikogaiden Vol. II. Also against this is the fact that it is possible to acquire a second Blinking Rune in Suikoden II in the ninja hamlet of Rokkaku.

Thats what I read about viki

Charm Rune
Known Users: Jeane
Child Runes: Unknown
The Charm Rune has appeared with Jeane in every game of the Suikoden series in which she is usable in battle. The Rune causes others of the opposite sex to become infatuated with its bearer. This is evident by both in-game dialogue made by characters and also its ability in battle which charms the enemy into refusing to attack.

The Charm Rune is often speculated to be a True Rune, however Konami has denied Jeane owns a true rune. Feeding the speculation is the fact that Jeane appears across the whole series despite the century long gap between Suikoden IV and the others. There is evidence that Jeane's appearance is due to the Charm Rune. Animals and human characters with extrasensory abilities have been known to sense that she is not all that she appears to be. In Suikoden V, Genoh remarked that he sensed someone old upon meeting Jeane

and This is about Jeane :o

The source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_True_Runes

and I want to ask some thing
does the bearers of the true runes are imortals?
they live long times
so am still thinking that windy and barabarossa did not die :roll: <--- just an opinion :mrgreen:

and What I really wish
is to know something about flik and vector
did flik fall in love with nina or not?
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

I wouldn't call True Rune bearer an Immortal.
They have the power of agelessness and a massive power, both destructive and erm. .
let say both good and bad side.
Still, the can die from physical wound. . .I think.
But certain wound eventhough critical, can sometime be healed by rune like Bright Sheild? Dawn rune?
Even Rune with he help of SoD power, has a power to revive a dead person.. .

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Sorry in advance. .
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

true rune bearers are ageless and cannot die (or maybe cannot get affected at all) by "natural causes". that would be something like heart failure or a disease.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Likewise, they can still die from forced causes, like being beheaded or impaled, etc.
Ifreet

Post by Ifreet »

Personally I think that in the next Suikoden game...

- The story should have more depth than all the previous Suikodens
- Reveal a part of Harmonia (playable wouid be preferred)
- Introduce more true runes than what Suikoden 3 showed
It would be fune too if your other characters could equip a true rune (like a party transfer)
- According to suikosource.com, it never said that Barbarossa and Windy died; could they be alive?
- PLEASE! I hope they don't use the same camera system they used in Suikoden 5; it sucked! They should use a camera angle that you can zoom in and out and where you can rotate it
- Would it hurt for them to make the character talk? It would be nice to hear them defend themselves for once instead of having someone else do it for them.
- I'm sure there's more....
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Ifreet wrote: - Would it hurt for them to make the character talk? It would be nice to hear them defend themselves for once instead of having someone else do it for them.
The Silent Protagonist is cool and all (sometimes). . but I'm with you on this one. . .
I'm sick of seeing them just nod. :x

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber

Post by Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber »

RangerDeon wrote:
Ifreet wrote: - Would it hurt for them to make the character talk? It would be nice to hear them defend themselves for once instead of having someone else do it for them.
The Silent Protagonist is cool and all (sometimes). . but I'm with you on this one. . .
I'm sick of seeing them just nod. :x
I agree with both of you two. Whats the point of finding the voice sets if the hero doesn't even talk!?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I don't think I want to hear the Prince speaking using of the voices discovered through the Voice Sets anyway. *shudder*

They should have had collectible costumes instead.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

patapi wrote:I don't think I want to hear the Prince speaking using of the voices discovered through the Voice Sets anyway. *shudder*

They should have had collectible costumes instead.
i agree with the costume.
And they should have the main costume use in major battle or the ending. .
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com