My Ideal Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Antimatzist

Re: My Ideal Suikoden 6

Post by Antimatzist »

about FF's lvl system: Well, you've got a point, leveling up wasn't that important in this game, it was more about strong junctions. But I think Suikodens system takes away a lot of challenge. Especially if you manage to go to an area with strong enemies, you can get many level at once and breeze through all enemies.

@trading system: I don't want it to be too complicated - but to have some effect. A sim-mini-game sounds good where you have to "manage" a "trading company" or something like this. Until now, trading was so.. dull. (I used it in S IV with pearls and in V when there were good rumours.. and of course in Tierkreis...).

There are so many interesting aspects in the Suikoden-series which make it unique, but they could be worked out way more. . .
Ved

Post by Ved »

Trading was something I found to be quite unique, especially how you could drive up the prices of certain things by hoarding them (could you do that? Or did I just assume that's what happened?). Yeah the leveling up definitely needs work, but I think they tried to get around the beating every random encounter thing with mini area bosses in SV.

I liked how the S3 war battles encouraged you to use every character at least a little bit. If there is something to encourage you to do that in S6 that'd be cool. Doesn't have to be war battles though. I suppose they kind of do it with multiple party missions too.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

As long as it's not like the one in the fifth one. I hated that part, with a passion.
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

A suikoden where the Tenkai star is more of a villain but charismatic (alah Griffith from berserk and his band of the hawk) screams potential to me. The player taking the part of someone ordinary on the other side trying to defy the stars of destiny.
Scar

Post by Scar »

I think the hero from TK was likeable enough. He was certainly very optimistic, so if they can use him as a prototype then by all means.

If/when S6 comes out here are some things I want.

I want characters we already know to have had some children by now. Hix and Tengaar's kid, maybe Sheena knocks up some broad...and other things like that. The new game should have at least 10 cameos with 5 being playable and maybe watching one or two die in some dramatic fashion.

Watching a previous, familiar, True Rune user give up or lose his TR in the game would be cool. Not like how Ted's story plays out, but something similar, yet different.

I want the Star Dragon Sword back in this game. If that means more Edge, then so be it!

NEW True Runes...obviously...

More Dragon Riders, or possibly seeing Futch as the new commander of the Dragon's Den.

I am a huge Nash fan. I have wanted to see his Grosser Fluss in action for quite some time now. The concept seems SOO cool not to bring back around. A snake sword that makes the owner go berserk and have super human strength? Sign me up!

I would like the main character to use a weapon that has not yet been used in the Suiko-verse...by a Mc that is. A MC from the Howling Voice Guild would be awesome.

More Viki and Jean of course.

More Maximillian Knights obviously!

and other things, but that's all I got for now.
RUM HAM!!!!
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

I agree with you *Scar, I'd also like to see some more Flick and Victor, hehehe
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Scar wrote:I think the hero from TK was likeable enough. He was certainly very optimistic, so if they can use him as a prototype then by all means.

If/when S6 comes out here are some things I want.

I want characters we already know to have had some children by now. Hix and Tengaar's kid, maybe Sheena knocks up some broad...and other things like that. The new game should have at least 10 cameos with 5 being playable and maybe watching one or two die in some dramatic fashion.

Watching a previous, familiar, True Rune user give up or lose his TR in the game would be cool. Not like how Ted's story plays out, but something similar, yet different.

I want the Star Dragon Sword back in this game. If that means more Edge, then so be it!

NEW True Runes...obviously...

More Dragon Riders, or possibly seeing Futch as the new commander of the Dragon's Den.

I am a huge Nash fan. I have wanted to see his Grosser Fluss in action for quite some time now. The concept seems SOO cool not to bring back around. A snake sword that makes the owner go berserk and have super human strength? Sign me up!

I would like the main character to use a weapon that has not yet been used in the Suiko-verse...by a Mc that is. A MC from the Howling Voice Guild would be awesome.

More Viki and Jean of course.

More Maximillian Knights obviously!

and other things, but that's all I got for now.
Like the first Flame Champion?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Luc Bishop

Post by Luc Bishop »

Things I want in Suikoden VI:

-The story of Hikusaak, the Hero War and why is trying to get all the True Runes.
-A game system like Suikoden III, with skills, runes, and the battlefield. But not the "three teams" systems, I want to control the six charachters.
-More runes and True Runes, obviously.
-A normal and hard modes, because some Suikoden games are easy enough.
-Majorbattles like Suikoden II, but better.
-The sound an effect spells of Suikoden II. The Suikoden IV ones were horrible.
-The birth of Sasarai and Luc, and how Leknaat took Luc from Harmonia.

That's all, I think. :mrgreen:
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

When i think about it, most battles in Suikoden 2 could be ended quickly by either waiting several turns, or rushing a unit into the enemy city. So umm, less predetermined battles is always nice. .
primierra

Post by primierra »

In Suikoden VI I want to see more story about Sierra Mikain and her moon rune, sindar ruin, the world of emptiness, female tenkai star or non human tenkai star , cooking contest (the best mini game ever IMO ), secret mission just like Clive quest in suikoden 2 or secret bosses/monsters which is hard to defeat, twin characters ( I think it will be interesting) , Illustrations about the event or characters as an item treasure (well,it seem odd but sure it will be fun..), and non human race which had been appeared before like duck,lizard,mermaid nay-kobold. That`s all from me
Audiences want more than logic.
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

i would definitely like to see some limitation on the amount of humanoids in the suikoden world. every new game doesn't need a new race of half animal half human.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm sure the Godwins would agree with you Flufflez.
grumble_cakes

Post by grumble_cakes »

heh I actually agree with Flufflez... it hurts continuity when each game has its own humanoids and no one ever sees or talks about the other humanoids from the other games. This is not Final Fantasy where each game is a different world with different creatures...
Last edited by grumble_cakes on Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, yeah. I mean I really disliked the Beavers from SV. And I live in Oregon, so I have a certain affinity for Beavers... They should just stick with the classic Kobolds and Elves, since they seem to be reasonably far-spread races, and forget making new races. I did like the Lizards from Suikoden III, though too.

One of the problems is that Junko Kawano loves cats. . . too much. This lead to the Neiko-Bolds/Nay-Kobolds in Suikoden IV. Then someone thought it would be a great idea to make Beavers in SV, and give them horrid stats for no reason.

If you are going to make a new race, please make that race's characters more like Ridley and less like Fuwalafuwalu.
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

the lizards from s3 were designed kind of...clunky. if they were sleeker or had a little more style i wouldn't have a problem with them. kobold, elf and dwarf races are all fine and make plenty of sense. beavers and mermaids and nay f'ing kobolds though...come on. may as well just make a race of flying squirrels in s6 and make mukumuku chief of the village.