Commoner or Noble Tenkai

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Most tenkai's are 15 or 16, in fact, with the exception of Geddoe and maybe Chris, I don't think we've had one main character who was 18 or older.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Oppenheimer wrote:Thomas was the lord of a castle and also the son of a high ranking politician, you could stretch that into being royalty.
No. Not when he's been disowned and shuffled off to an out of the way castle to be hidden. Make the connection if you want - but as far as I'm concerned, Thomas was a commoner. He lived with his mother most of his life - who wasn't a noble and only became lord of the castle by circumstance.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well, Tir was disowned by his father and his father tried to kill him. Jowy's father disowned him. Hero4 who's name escapes me for some weird reason, was parted from the king of obel.

I think it's a theme.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

nah....Ferid and Freyador{sp?} had a preety tight father and son relationship

so I guess the theme was broken
Intraman

Post by Intraman »

well Ferid was kinda "seperated" from Frey.. *tear*
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Technically, the silent protagonists (Tir, Riou, Lazlo, Frey) all started off as virtually nobodies.

Tir was mostly regarded as "Teo's Little Boy".
Riou was just some kid from Kyaro Town.
Lazlo was washed up on the shores of Razril.
Frey had no claim to the Falenan Throne.

They weren't looked upon with such favor at first but no one would ever expect that they would become messiahs.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

not true

while frey didn't have any real power he was however a prince and if you werent the queen or the comander of the queens knights or the princess...then you had to bow to him and do as he says

bassically if he would say to Zahak in the beggining of the game"zahak bring me coffee" zahak would have to bring him coffee

the prince was not a nobody...in addition he also handled alot of official buisness for his mother
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

I just wish there was an option to talk some sense into some of the arrogant NPC's especially the ones in Stormfist.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote:nah....Ferid and Freyador{sp?} had a preety tight father and son relationship

so I guess the theme was broken
Well, his father was killed, and therefore "disowned him" in a sense. You never have a happy father-son relationship at the end of a Suikoden game. I suppose Suiko IV being the closest thing even though it's all subtle.

Even Suikoden tactics had a father-son dynamic. Although they might not always be exactly the same type of thing, there's always some type of father-son issue, be it death or disownment.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Im not responding to other posts by the way :D

I never noticed that before. I guess I never thought of Tir or Lazlo as nobles because they were raised relativly normal and ended up with nothing anyway.

Then again all the Suikoden rebellions are always ready founded. Like the liberation army and the fire bringer.

I guess Id like to see a commoner actually make an army instead of just take command.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wasn't riou a commoner? because if I remember correctly..genkaku was just a general right?
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

yeah Riou has no nobility from genkaku, but we actually don't know his lineage, so it's an open question...
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Well even if Riou is just a commoner he still lived in the presence of nobility and greatness. And besides it really is the same principle. Riou assumes command of an already existing army.

I would like to see a small village being mistreated or something and actually starting a rebellion from the very beginning. With small meeting and avioding patrols to slowly gaining influence and appointing generals.

I know we already get to do this more or less in all the Suikodens but we never get to be there from the very creation of an uprising.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
nephlabobo

Re:

Post by nephlabobo »

son_michael wrote:wasn't riou a commoner? because if I remember correctly..genkaku was just a general right?
Riou was a soldier in the army but basically a private, as was Jowy.
Iku

Re: Commoner or Noble Tenkai

Post by Iku »

the fact that riou was related to genkaku did help him gain supporters and was half the reason shu appointed him leader!
a main character who came from nowhere and actually gained the respct of his/her comrades through their actions would be good, instead of being given an army, and being the poster boy for it! :o
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax